Huge load times zoning in / creating instances (not game loading).

Hi guys,

Since the second day of the 5dsc event i have been experiencing massive (5+ minute) load times for zones that i try and enter. To clarify this is not loading up the game client itself. The initial client takes the usual long (i dnt have an ssd drive) time but this is as expected.

On the first day i had massive ping issues ranging from 32 > 700 > 1600+ which seem possibly to be local and i alt F4'd a bit especially in the crypts.

Since this when i go to zone into an instance it takes this amazingly long time to load. Previously zone loads were maybe 10 seconds or a bit more. No errors or such and i eventually get into the zone with good ping around 32. Seems local to me but im unsure.

I have rebooted, started new instances, logged onto other toons on different gateways etc.. and nothing seems to work. My PC is pretty quick and runs everything on top settings with no problems.

The Client.txt logs seem pretty bland too. I raised a support call but interested to see if anyone has advice here too..

Cheers for the help guys.
"Pray for Mojo"
Do you use Steam or the stand-alone client?

If you use the stand-alone client, have you tried running the ggpk defrag application linked in the Consolidated Technical sticky post? Also a hard drive defrag might not be a bad thing either.

You can also try nuking the ShaderCache folder and let it rebuild.
Last edited by Drakier on Apr 27, 2015, 10:05:29 AM
Stand alone client. Seemed OK this afternoon but then got massive ping again followed by a crash then 5+ minute load times again.. Thanks for the advice. Will try these option out.
"Pray for Mojo"
ran the app defrag and got 1GB disk back but no change, defrag hhd with no change (didnt really need a defrag) and deleted all the folders inside shader cache folder (300 odd MB) but still speed of entering zones/instances 5+ mins. It eventually gets there unless i alt f4 in fury. The game client itself is loading up no dramas at all.
"Pray for Mojo"
Sounds like it could be a server transition issue. Have you tried disabling all your antivirus/firewall/security hardware/software to see if that is in any way interfering?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info