Question about white drops

Hi!

I see that the game highlights White items with 4-6 slots on them as valuable. I have no idea what to make of them or even if to sell or keep. Could someone tell me what a good White would be?

I got this armor with 5 links for example, but their not all connected. This paired 3 and 2 so their separate links. Is this Worth anything or should I just throw theese items away till i find a "pure" linked 5 or 6 item?
White items are used mostly for vendor recipes. Besides that, chest armors with 5 linked sockets are worth picking up just because of how useful they are.
The game will highlight items which have 4 or more sockets linked, 4 linked sockets are worth alching if you play self-found to save on fusings but otherwise aren't useful.

5-link chest armors are worth trying to roll a decent rare if the base item suits your build, or selling for a bit of currency early in the league.

Whites with 6 sockets (and any number of links below 6) are vendored for 7 jeweler orbs.

Some players pick whites to try rolling their respective unique item, it that takes a very high number of attempts but can be worth it if you're lucky. The usual targets for chancing are Occultist vestments, Gavels or Judgement Staves, pretty much whichever unique you like but can't afford.

Some are used for vendor recipes like all Stone hammer variants for chisel recipe.

And if you get a white item with item level 77 from a high level area it can also be used to for crafting. It can be moderately expensive as you need at least 2 exalts for Elreon's multimod and any number of alts and regals.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 25, 2015, 2:49:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info