harbinger crafting help

Fellow rangers or ppl that have knowledge of the crafting endbow.

I would like some help with crafting this bow.
. As I understand this would be a perfect starting-craft-bow.

I'm totally noob and would appriciate a step-by-step tutorial a lot! Thanks in advance!
If you are planning on 6 linking it then I would first suggest you do that first before putting augments/regals into it from experience.
IGN: Munkehboi
is 6l easier when its magic instead of a rare item? And having Vorici master wouldnt that make it as easy in the end?
Easier in a sense that it will grant you extra quality per whetstone whilst crafting 6 Link.

Unless you don't increase quantity whilst crafting links and sockets then forget what I said :)
IGN: Munkehboi
Depends on what your goals are for the bow and how much currency you have.

Do you plan on trying to make it a top tier or go the master crafting route.
I would like to get myself a good endbow. I dont think I have the currency to go for the new number 1 bow (unless I'm extremely lucky). So I was thinking about going the master craft route. Aiming for 300+ DPS with good crit.

I've been doing a lot of reading at forum at reddit. And so far I understand there are several ways to go:

1. Just regal it and fingers crossed and hope to roll phys attack or crit on it --> if I get a bad roll, just start over. After that mastercraft with multi mods and add more crit/attack speed

2. mastercraft my prefix to prevent a bad roll (dont really know how that works)

3. or putting an augment on it and fingers crossed to get a good 2nd prefix.

4. Eternal before doing step 1? and if I roll bad I can return to my Tyrannical starting bow and repeat step 4?

5. Save up currency and aim for a godly bow? I think I have a really good starting bow with high 167% phys attack and 50% starting crit.

I rather keep the bow in stash and sit on it, than ruin it by doing something wrong with the crafting progress and facesmack myself later ><.
Hey there, Y0UR did a great job at explaining it here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989

I did it with his guide.

Its not the best, but way enough for the 1M Race.
Spoiler

HOW TO CRAFT YOUR HARBINGER

Please note, that crafting depends on your luck. Be prepared to invest and lose quite a bit of currency. If you're aiming on high 400+ DPS results you might need THOUSANDS of alteration orbs and a lot of luck.

First of all, you want to find or buy a base. The means a white/magic/rare harbinger bow. You want as high item level as possible. You can also buy a high level harbinger from another player.

Harbingers start dropping somewhere in merciless act 3. You can also use a decimation bow for early crafting in a new league, which are weaker, but much easier to find.

To find out the itemlevel of a item, hold the item and enter " /itemlevel " into the chat. The highest base that is of interest for us is level 77. Higher bows don't get any new mods.

Levels of interest are:
1) iLvl: 60: 130 to 149 (Cruel) - Local Physical Dmg +%
2) iLvl: 65: 24 to 33 / 49 to 57 (Tempered) - Local Min/max added physical damage
3) iLvl: 73: 150 to 169 (Tyrannical) - Local Physical Dmg +%
4) ilvl: 73: 75 to 80 / 100 to 135 (Emperor's) - Local Physical Dmg +% / Local Accuracy Rating
5) iLvl: 77: iLvl: 77: 29 to 38 / 58 to 68 (Flaring) - Local Min/max added physical damage

The most important level is 73. In addition to the mods listed above it also adds the top crit chance and crit damage rolls. And even with flaring being an insane mod, you can attempt to craft some quite good items using ilvl73+ harbingers.

(Check http://www.poemods.com/index.php?item_type=bow for more information).

You should also watch out for the internal critical strike affix on the harbinger bow. It can go from 30% to 50%. You can reroll the affix with a blessed orb. The orb is very affordable and should not create big complications. So this should not be your primary criteria, when shopping for bows.

Once you have such a bow. You should transmute it (if it's not magic already) with:

then start applying:

The goal is to get a harbinger bow with one of the mods listed above and a second decent mod (crit chance/attack speed/crit damage). The exception is "tyrannical", if you get this mod simply proceed crafting, no matter what suffix you get with the augmentation orb.

Once you have two good mods, apply a regal orb.

With a bit of luck you'll get a third good mod (Crit, Crit chance, Hybrid PhysDamage/Accuracy, high accuracy, attack speed). If it's not (and you're after crafting a REALLY good thing and need a good 3rd mod) use a

...and start over.

Even if the mod is bad (especially in the beginning of the league) you can then bring the bow to "Tora - Master of the Hunt" and apply the "other" physical mod. Here's a screenshot of some of the things a (already level 5) tora can do:

Alternatively if you have a good 3 stat rare bow, you can ask a playing with a level 8 Elreon to add the "can receive multiple master craft bonuses" on it and then add 2 bonuses on it (usually crit chance and damage. Note that this is expensive and should be done with very good results only.

Also: if you get a single stat blue item after alterating with either Flaring/Tyrranical, you can attempt regaling it. If you get the other one (so you have Flaring+Tyrranical), congratulations, you managed to create the holy grail of crafting in new leagues. Ask a trustworthy player with level 8 elreon+tora to add Crit chance/damage (or attack speed/returning arrows) + WED (now that Hybrid damage/ac is gone) and you have a godlike bow that can reach 400-500 DPS.

If you want to try your luck you can also try improving the bow using the following orbs:

Finally improve the number of sockets, links and quality with jewelers, fusings and blacksmith's, adapt the colors and enjoy your new killing machine.

The whole process can be frustrating, but if you're smart and a lil' bit lucky, you can also make quite a profit by selling these bows (made around 15 exalts this way).

edit:
I would "yolo" Augment the bow hoping for IAS, Crit or Flat Phys. Then using regal orb and Mastercraft the missing.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Apr 23, 2015, 12:19:29 PM
DISCLAIMER: I'm a noob and I don't play standard but I did craft a quite few bows. Opinion only applicable to masters crafting.

Since your terminology seems off maybe read up on affixes, there's prefixes and suffixes. Since you rolled the "tyrannical" prefix, then an augment can only roll a suffix while a regal can roll either.

As someone said, before doing anything, keep in mind that manually 6s-ing and 5L-ing the bow as magic vs rare will require half the whetstones. If you use vorici then I guess it wouldn't matter.

Also the item level of the bow matters if you want to make a godly bow; need a ilvl 77 harbinger for flaring prefix.

"
Aziaa wrote:
1. Just regal it and fingers crossed and hope to roll phys attack or crit on it --> if I get a bad roll, just start over. After that mastercraft with multi mods and add more crit/attack speed
This is a bad option, see #2

2. mastercraft my prefix to prevent a bad roll (dont really know how that works)
If you plan to regal with just the prefix, this is the correct method:
-You craft a suffix to the bow with Tora: either fire/cold/lit res for 10augs.
-Regal.
-Remove the crafted resistance. You now have a 2 affix pre/pre or pre/suf bow.
The reason to do so is to remove the ~5.5% chance of that resistance being rolled when you regal (per chriskang's wiki data, you have more than a 16.5% chance to roll elemental res on your bow). However this does limit how awesome the bow can be since you can only roll 1 godly value affix this way vs 2 godly value affix through augment -> regal, but it takes less currency to roll a good/useable bow. It's all about how much you want to invest.

3. or putting an augment on it and fingers crossed to get a good 2nd prefix.
I think this strategy is only to use when you're low on currency and can't waste regals or can't afford multiple mods from elreon (OR you have a lot of currency and try eternal/augment until a high roll good suffix).
As mentioned above, that method can only roll a suffix which tora could craft to about 2/3rd of what you could roll. A regal does the same but also can roll +phys dmg, which tora can craft to barely 1/2 value, not to mention it could roll phys%/accuracy prefix too.

4. Eternal before doing step 1? and if I roll bad I can return to my Tyrannical starting bow and repeat step 4?
Never used an eternal so I can't confidently answer that question, but tyrannical has a 0.084% of rolling so on average you should see it every 1200 alterations. However it could also spawn with a bad (or good) suffix and will likely not be as high as what you have now (range:150-169). What do high roll tyrannicals cost in trade?
I think this is purely a market/currency decision: is cost of eternal < getting/rolling another or better bow?

5. Save up currency and aim for a godly bow? I think I have a really good starting bow with high 167% phys attack and 50% starting crit.
I think 'godly' requires a LOT of ex/eternals which you could make back from mirroring but it seems a bit excessive to me. Someone else might know better

I rather keep the bow in stash and sit on it, than ruin it by doing something wrong with the crafting progress and facesmack myself later ><.
This is perfectly acceptable until you do more research or get other feedback, keep in mind they are going to rebalance master crafting with 2.0 so keep an eye on that
Last edited by icemltr on Apr 23, 2015, 12:34:26 PM
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

edit:
I would "yolo" Augment the bow hoping for IAS, Crit or Flat Phys. Then using regal orb and Mastercraft the missing.

Do u mean regal? Cannt aug flat phys here.
If it makes a difference the bow is lv 77. Didnt spend any alts on it, I was very lucky to find it when mapping :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info