Gem Experience in Maps (Includes Raw Data & Wall of Text)

"
painguard wrote:
I level to 78/79 running nonmf piety, over and over, same xp as any pre-70 map.

That's probably more reasonable. They're level 66, docks is 62.
At level 79 you get a 98% (!) penalty in docks vs 66% in lunaris. Talk about grind ;)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
Taking the average of 1,100 xp per map it would take around 300 maps to level a gem from level 1 to level 20 (and another 300 maps if you do the vendor recipe to get 20% and re-level it).

This was found in an earlier spoiler...

"
Your gems gain around 1,100,000 xp per map.

This was found in the TL;DR

Your xp values disagree with one another. Just a typo that may confuse people.

Other than that this little experiment was definitely interesting, and I love numbers! So I may end up trying to do this someday.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
- George Carlin R.I.P
Just missing a k...
Fixed :)

"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
Last edited by qwertz on Apr 23, 2015, 1:45:39 AM
I began to check the experience of my gems before and after maps and i came to the same results as you, around 1 million experience per map.

Side note, the "you need 300 maps for lvl 20 gems" claim is soon no longer true because GGG slapped another 100 million experience need for lvl 20 gems onto gem in the beta.
"
vangrandson wrote:

Side note, the "you need 300 maps for lvl 20 gems" claim is soon no longer true because GGG slapped another 100 million experience need for lvl 20 gems onto gem in the beta.

Yeah, just read the same. I hope they don't actually go through with that. It's already painfully slow to get one from 19-20. That would mean it would take around 300 maps alone to get one from 19-20 (and 100 maps before that to get a gem to level 19).

20/20 gems by level 98? Shit.

Edit: Just stocked up on GCP :D
Last edited by qwertz on Apr 24, 2015, 9:33:36 AM
I was less methodical than you OP, but came to roughly the same conclusion, ie something around 1 million per map, so about 140-150 maps to go from levek 19 to 20 on most gems.
Someone mentionned untainted and getting 8 million. I actually got 15 million gem xp in untainted! (the nerfed version)

anyway, nice work OP :)
"
blubbber wrote:
I was less methodical than you OP, but came to roughly the same conclusion, ie something around 1 million per map, so about 140-150 maps to go from levek 19 to 20 on most gems.
Someone mentionned untainted and getting 8 million. I actually got 15 million gem xp in untainted! (the nerfed version)

anyway, nice work OP :)

I've only run 3 untainted so far (1 before the nerf), but what I did notice was that mob density can vary quite a bit.

I'm planning on running a bunch of atziri sets in the near future as well as a few unique maps and see how much xp they give...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info