GGG, Kripp, Beta, Botters, Oh, my!

"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:

This brings me to the first segment that makes up the POE community. The casuals, the Hardcore, no-lifers, game addicts, the steamers and the multi-boxers, 8-year olds tired of Minecraft, 60 year olds who’s pensions can only support them playing POE on a potato.

I FOUND A TYPO SIR!!!

Excellent post btw :D! Good read, thank you.

Peace,

-Boem-

Haha, trying to catch me - good!

Actually, I was trying to identify those who use the "Steam" client from Valve... Steamers.. get it? hah

LoL!

Apologies sir, i actually had not considered that option, good call and quite logical after your explanation.

I rarely link PoE with steam :').

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:

Haha, trying to catch me - good!

Actually, I was trying to identify those who use the "Steam" client from Valve... Steamers.. get it? hah

LoL!

Apologies sir, i actually had not considered that option, good call and quite logical after your explanation.

I rarely link PoE with steam :').

Peace,

-Boem-

Me too, I did only once. :-S Should link my account more frequently... oh wait.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
atrocityx wrote:
You do make some valid points...however I still dont personally think it matters because its their beta and they can roll it out anyway they see fit.

their beta, our money. and killing floor 2 just came out , dont starve together just got rog , the witcher 3 comes out in May and bloodborne is awesome.

point being , there is no shortage of awesome things demanding money from people.

and for the large majority of people right now on poe.. what we have is nothing when we thought we would have something.

and regardless of ggg's intentions were: good, bad .. perhaps a little misguided ... know that the mind of a consumer is ravenous and fickle.

and once you lose their attention , it is an uphill battle to get it back.

personally i already knew i would not get in for a while if at all, and i am fine with that. but god damn killing floor 2 is so awesome i am going to be hooked on other things for more than just 2 or 3 months now.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 22, 2015, 10:37:31 AM
Very very good post sir.

Out of all the salt in the forums lately, this was very well thought out and hits a lot of spots I think a lot people felt but were not adequately good at explaining/expressing.

Thanks for sharing!

- A
Really good read, thank you good sir.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
I have been playing POE a very long time – since the first day of open beta and I couldn't care less about the current beta

account created on 26th of august 2013 ahheemmmm.... That ISNT the first day of open beta. I've been playing since early open beta and check my account. That's 6 months before you started mister.

Last edited by GrimReaperzZ on Apr 22, 2015, 5:10:41 PM
"
GrimReaperzZ wrote:
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
I have been playing POE a very long time – since the first day of open beta and I couldn't care less about the current beta

account created on 26th of august 2013 ahheemmmm.... That ISNT the first day of open beta. I've been playing since early open beta and check my account. That's 6 months before you started mister.

Bit of a thread de-rail, but looking at my current account, it does say I was born August 2013. But in fact, my original account was "Fri3dchick3n" which shows my registration as Feb 2013. The Account has been dormant since the wife doesn't play, but the point is - don't assume the posting account is the same as the original OB account :D

PS: I hope everyone here gets a beta key, and I would gladly give mine away to anyone here that put in time to respond.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Apr 22, 2015, 6:42:09 PM
Really good stuff FriedChicken, everything you said so far in this thread is very well written and easily comprehended.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
I used the term content starved in a rant myself. Nice choice words. I wish it was shorter. I know that many people have less patience than I.

Problems with beta ingame, problems with the keys, streamers, the marketing strategy, the community, and then you go on about the mis-steps of GGG, they need to actually admit their mistakes and grow from this because, many people I continue to talk to are pissed off for multiple reasons.

Also the part about catering to entire potential player base, rather than just the hardcore longtime players. However I believe it is no other group than the aforementioned "longtime" players that create the strong community, provide good feedback and support, and are the people who spread the word about the game just to their personal friends. To go after the entire potential gamer market like you mentioned minecrafters etc, is bold, unrealistic, and I see this to be greedy. Drawing in new players is not effective if they do not become hardcore players and decide to support via microtrans or giving input via forums or play loyally. Casuals will not make PoE better. PoE is a game designed for hardcore players, moving away from that now would undo all the things that made PoE popular. That's why I consider certain decisions disrespectful to all "longtime" players. What more do I have to say im offended, and I don't want to see GGG become any more generic than it already has. Dumbing down and selling out to mass appeal all for the motivation of greed. The goal should be to please the existing player base, do that and the money/fame will follow. I'm not being too harsh, tough love. If I didn't truly care I wouldn't take the time to type it. My final reminder to GGG: Loyalty, faith, and trust, are much easier to lose than to earn.

The beta key/email thing needs "requirements" better than clicking a button. OBVIOUSLY! Followed by a apology to the community for the "transparency of laziness"

Lastly, on a tangent why don't the PoE devs do their own teaser/beta videos? Cutting out the streamers, direct control over marketing, ability to edit, all the revenue from views and such. I'm left to speculate if the Dev's actually play the game. Jumping around topics...Idk if its laziness or a strategy but.. if you want people to be hyped, make an amazing cinematic, why does PoE have zero cinematics... also don't break the new league/patch pattern by stalling the closed beta and leaving every1 in the cold. The over hyping too early negatively effected the player-community relations. I don't know what to say anymore. Bravo friedchicken, now will some1 else who has the respect and attention of GGG slap them and make them understand all of the above in a more eloquent fashion. Now that everyone has complained, If GGG doesn't act, I'm going to assume they do not care. Then ppl like me n krip will start streaming hearthstone instead.
Spoiler
Nice knowing you PoE, but I already predict this patch will be a flop.
TeamSpeak: 104.206.199.149 - all friendly Poe'ers welcome, American+Euro+others, spam message Zell_Naga. cheers mates.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
atrocityx wrote:
You do make some valid points...however I still dont personally think it matters because its their beta and they can roll it out anyway they see fit.

their beta, our money. and killing floor 2 just came out , dont starve together just got rog , the witcher 3 comes out in May and bloodborne is awesome.

point being , there is no shortage of awesome things demanding money from people.

and for the large majority of people right now on poe.. what we have is nothing when we thought we would have something.

and regardless of ggg's intentions were: good, bad .. perhaps a little misguided ... know that the mind of a consumer is ravenous and fickle.

and once you lose their attention , it is an uphill battle to get it back.

personally i already knew i would not get in for a while if at all, and i am fine with that. but god damn killing floor 2 is so awesome i am going to be hooked on other things for more than just 2 or 3 months now.

But you are actually getting into the beta. Tomorrow ;) EDIT: Actually, in 3 days. :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Apr 23, 2015, 5:48:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info