How to beat/survive EA in HLD?

Surprisingly enough this seems to be the first thread on these forums looking for ways to beat and or survive EA in HLD without nerfing it.

So let's hear it.. What defensive mechanics have you tried? How did it fail and why?
Resign
Well as you said, just move away ^^
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
1) At the round start cast frostwall in the front of you or take step away from the wall before cast auras.

2) Play smart ™
Stay away from the wall, don't run into explosions, don't let EAer doublecurse you, surely pop ruby flask before stack detonation, use that damn dispel ignite flask, don't try to run away or chase in a straight line.
If EAer campering next to the wall - throw a trap, shoot PA, shoot GMP EA in the same wall. Make him run away from the wall in any way.

3) Use low level frostwall and arctic breath with cwdt, temporal chain or enfeeble (vs crit EA)
Last edited by EFBBBF on Apr 20, 2015, 9:48:57 AM
what tactic ? just kill mzfcker ...
I have ways to beat EA in HLD but that is using a LL Caster, altought this might work for other kind of builds i will share my tactics. The most simpliest ones are make use of frostwall, enfeeble, PoF, Rise of the phoenix ( Great item to use against any fire/burn spec since it provides resists and ignite immunity on LL ).

This one can be usefull as well

The ring is amazing against any build that ignites and EA is one of them, it provides an amazing speed boost on top of resists and other good mods, just imagine being able to get 20% cast speed or attack speed on the tree, i think this sumits how GG this ring is vs ignite.

Another nice thing to do as LL caster vs ea is use 6L Frostwall as a main skill paired with a 4l casted firestorm and another cwdt 4l firestorm. Frostwall can reach pretty high crit damage with the right spec.

These are not a guaranteed win, but will definatly help, i have been using these tactics against EA since it came out a long time ago in PvP and won quite a bit of times when used right, playing as LL caster of course.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on May 9, 2015, 2:54:12 PM
If u wanna kill someone (any build) u must fight more and more. Not typing on forum how to kill or how to survive. just go into game and try, try, use new items, new gems, new tactic, try more and more. If u dont wanna go into rating hld find a friend and fight with him all day. Feel ur buttons on keyboard first of all. Gear and another will w8 after. Try to think like ur enemy. It art and ppl spend a lot of time and a lot of mind for it. Dont be apatic when u been killed...Try more. There are a lot of guys who desided :I cant beat him! and they do exactly like they sayd. Why u put ur hands down wtf, is that warrior who deserved a glory? Pfff, little girl who scare to loose the battle(not war)...

Sry for my english
Last edited by BarrettLightFifty on May 9, 2015, 3:02:57 PM
First off as LL caster using that ring is retarded. Why would you want to get ignited thus removing your ES regeneration properties? Why would you opt to use that ring over RoP shield and simply stack + max your resists and become immune to ignite all together.

Secondly you can't simply "avoid" the explosions. There are too many areas in the arenas that all you to bug them and create explosions in odd places. Or explode arrows in the ground/mid air from elevation.

Thirdly getting them of the wall has already been described and is priority 1 along side making sure you have max resists after EE and or/cursing at all times.

Cwdt frost wall,enfeeble is a good combo against EA. Seriously though the arenas favor the skill heavily and you're required to outplay and out think an EA user from the start of the round(s) til the end. Desynch will add insult to injury too, so don't worry about this match up too much. It's pretty fraud at the moment, you're not losing to anyone good.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
bow users have too much attk speed and move speed + this clone skill.

Without high life and regen you just can t get to them really and once you touch them they just run, clone and spam this stupid skill again.

I wish ranged skills would not offscreen.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on May 10, 2015, 2:49:30 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:
First off as LL caster using that ring is retarded. Why would you want to get ignited thus removing your ES regeneration properties? Why would you opt to use that ring over RoP shield and simply stack + max your resists and become immune to ignite all together.

You clearly dont know what you are talking about, first of EA ignite damage is complete shit, secondly a good LL build will have some regen ( around 300 ), and most important of all why the fuck would i use ROTP over a 552 mirrored es shield with crit and spell, i would take less damage using the higher es shield in the end this boosting my damage and regen. So that ring is perfect against EA since it gives you a 20% cast speed boost for free because EA ignite damage is shit and if i need to recharge my es i will just wait till the ignite wears off or simply pop a dispel burn.

The only situation i would use ROTP over a mirrored es shield is for pure ignite burn builds like firetrappers that can take your es/life down in a matter of seconds via ignite, other than that it makes no sense to lose all the es and damage for a bit of resists.

I understand that most people dont have access to top end shields and yes ROTP in that case is good but when you have access to such high end shields they are 20 times better.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on May 11, 2015, 2:26:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info