Adding cooldown for Tempest Shield

Compare Tempest Shield to other 'on block' effects
"
Riposte: 60% less damage in PvP, cooldown time 0.8 sec

Reckoning: 40% less damage in PvP, cooldown time 0.40 sec

Tempest Shield: No damage reduction, no cooldown for dealing dmg, 6% base crit, spell tag, T overridden to 0.7 sec.

TS is a spell, so it scaling with Pain Attunement, it can crit, stun, knockback, and proc positive feedback loop with any blockable CWDT setups.

If someone trying to attack TS user faster than 1.4 hits per second TS deal more dmg than it should regarding to T = 0.7
Literally it can 'one shot' attacker while TS user standing afk.

I don't know why Tempest Shield still has no damage penalty, maybe that's alpha team fault, or maybe it considered to be most overpowered skill for pvp.

I suggest T overridden to 0.1 and cooldown time 0.1 sec. This change will not affect PvE since only voidbears can attack faster than 10 hit/sec yet.
Last edited by EFBBBF on Apr 18, 2015, 5:12:53 PM
It was indirectly nerfed 1.3 with the block nerf. I feel it's ok now, was way worse before. I wouldn't say it needs a cooldown, but rather a damage nerf
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
IMO, adding a cooldown is the only way to balance TS around incinerate, molten strike and tornado shot.
"
EFBBBF wrote:
IMO, adding a cooldown is the only way to balance TS around incinerate, molten strike and tornado shot.

why shouldn't incinerate, molten strike and tornado shot be counterd by tempest shield? They are fast hitting builds so they are supposed to be bad against tempest shield so a dmg nerf would be a more appropriate fix making it good against builds that hit fast and worse against slow hitting builds.
A cooldown would make it nearly useless against all builds even fast hitting builds.
"
why shouldn't incinerate, molten strike and tornado shot be counterd by tempest shield

Tempest shield isn't main spell, it seems to me it provide too much utility as for 25% mana reservation. 10 hits per second (0.1 cd time) still be fine vs incinerate (up to 70 hits per sec) but at least TS user won't go afk while incinerator trying to kill him.
Also, cd for TS would prevent feedback loop with CWDT.

Actually, my 1-st post suggestion is based on 'on block counterattacks' I think GGG balance team just forgot about TS.
Last edited by EFBBBF on Apr 18, 2015, 3:56:51 PM
From what I've played in HLD, I can say that tempest shield is a little nuts. I had 5k HP and 75% light res, and after throwing 3 spectral throws I was dead. He just had to sit there and do nothing. I feel like that's a little too imbalanced in my opinion. Then again I don't play too much HLD, but that pretty much sums up my experience vs tempest shield builds.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
Use BCR and laught at how usefull tempest is. People who spec heavily in block usually have low dmg after the 1.3 nerf so if you can't put them down, something wrong. If they still hit hard they probably use some mirror items for heavy dmg/crit and you can't ask the team to nerf around those items.

Also tempest shield is not an attack, it,s a buff and you have to pay for it in mana at the difference of counter attack skills who are free.

Hard counter for Tempest shield are slow heavy hits like puncture and BCR support (and off course good old EA wall explosions).
Last edited by IceDeal on Apr 18, 2015, 4:25:36 PM
"
People who spec heavily in block usually have low dmg after the 1.3 nerf so if you can't put them down, something wrong

You don't have to spec heavily in block to kill with TS someone who attacks faster than 1.4 hit/s. This skill require little to no investment for caster besides 4l. IMO this skill is pre 1.3 artifact and should be (somehow) reworked to fit current 'no lucky oneshots pvp' meta.
Last edited by EFBBBF on Apr 18, 2015, 5:12:29 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:
(and off course good old EA wall explosions)

wtf what low life caster gets hit by wallshots? They dont even get anywhere near them lol
60% less dmg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info