1.3 hc 1month Casualtemplar_the_tenth crit shockwave totem top 50ish

Hi, just a write up about my experience with crit shockwave totem. Only similar build I found seems to be havoc's, which is semi outdated at this point. With the new skilltree, crit multi nerf and cloak of defiance nerf you now have a couple of decent choices.

Offense/defense:
Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/8o0boSX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/s5jcbwf.jpg
With 4 power charges it goes to 37k, with taste of hate it's at 42k

Gear:
Spoiler

Could somehow never get a instant bleed flask, so I just rolled with a panicked. Worked out surprisingly good so far. Very underrated mod, especially on non leech builds.

Offhand gem swap/leveling

Rough cost of gear was 1,25ex for the wand, 4ex for the shield, 3c for the helm, 5l carcass + 11ex + 1eternal for 6l carcass, then divined 4 times, 20c for maligaro's, 15c for belt, 5c for boots, 5c for amulet, found coral ring myself, 2ex for twostone ring, and 5ex for taste of hate.

Spec:

Casual thoughts:
Spoiler

Never tried the build in previous patch, so can't really comment on how good the crit multi gem was. But at least in 1.3 the phys to lightning gem is really really good. Not only does it add higher tooltip than crit multi gem, but also only has a 110% mana multiplier as opposed to 130%. This is huge when you're facing stuff that instakill your totems, and get to the point where all you need to do to oneshot packs is blink, totem, curse, loot. Keep in mind I usually play solo so obviously it might be way easier to get to the oneshot point for me than most.

I also bought a 6l cloak, respecced the shadow mana nodes + with my old shield
end result was roughly 860 unreserved mana, 5200 hp, 31k tooltip in hideout. Could disable herald of thunder since I already shock with phys to lightning, then I'd have almost 1400 unreserved. But in the end I just prefer the aoe from carcass too much to drop it. Seemed to give up on so much clearspeed just to feel slightly safer. And having to re-balance mana regen for getting hit / totem costing 187 mana each time is frustrating to say the least.

Also tried speccing into the shadow nodes, regemmed a lot just to add herald of ash, although it gave a slight tooltip increase, I ended up with roughly 330ish unreserved mana, which means I actually can't put down 2 totems instantly, and just ended up feeling sluggish.

Power charges + throatseeker, and even spelldamage/shadow physical damage is all higher tooltip wise than cast speed (can get up to 48kish fully buffed with 7charges + throatseeker by dropping 8 cast speed nodes), but it feels very overkill when you already can kill stuff super fast, move much faster, and not having to worry about charges falling off.

Tried buying a void battery at several occasions, but they just seem to cost so damn much that I cba, after considering I really just prefer to storm trough maps rather than worrying about those damn power charges all the time.

The nodes that affect totem cast speed for some reason doesn't show on tooltip, prob just a bug. If so, that means Shamanistic fury is actually very decent for 2 points.

Links by priority when leveling: SWT, faster casting, added fire, phys to lightning. Cast speed is extremely important because without it you sometimes can barely attack, and exploders instakill your totem before it can pulse. Until you can get a taste of hate, I'd strongly recommend a diamond flask, math of flask http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1gndge/ so with mediocre - good gear you should end up roughly at the sweet spot.

I mainly chose Templar since it was a new league so I could get dual totems asap, although the skill doesn't really start to do much damage until like cruel docks. And honestly compared to other stuff, it kind of sucks dick until 5l carcass (I never had a single divinarius though) I'd consider Witch if doing it again.

With this exact spec, and no dex on gear, your maligaro's gloves will need at least 25dex to use lvl 20 GMP (109 dex)

edit: Dinged 94, and successfully vaaled a 21 shockwave totem, had to remove a resist enchant for a strenght enchant since I was lacking exactly 2 strenght to use the 21 gem lol. But couple of blessed orbs and re-enchanting and I'm still ele weakness capped with new belt.

Spoiler

Since totem mana cost is now 190 per cast, I removed a cast speed cluster in favor of throat seeker in order to not run oom while going fast, and new dps is now at 38,3k with 0 charges, 43,8k with 4 charges and 49,8k with 4 charges + taste of hate.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Apr 23, 2015, 11:34:45 AM
Nice share, btw you would be really hard at trading.

Approx 31EX+ for gear seems a lot for most of people, i just invested 15-20c on flame totem gear and got 4/4 HC in 4 days (did all solo, except 820 for masters).

I am sure you would have done 4/4 in a day with this GG gear.

Nice share though.
"
commonjunks wrote:
Nice share, btw you would be really hard at trading.

Approx 31EX+ for gear seems a lot for most of people, i just invested 15-20c on flame totem gear and got 4/4 HC in 4 days (did all solo, except 820 for masters).

I am sure you would have done 4/4 in a day with this GG gear.

Nice share though.

Well it's on the more expensive side for sure, but that's just because I've invested so much into it. I'd say if you can get a 5l carcass, then rest of gear can just be random filler rares for 3-10c and you should still have ok clearspeed. However, since conc is such a huge damage upgrade you really do want either carcass + divinarius or a 6l. Might even be worth considering buying a "cheap" corrupted 6l if yoou can get the correct colours. Need to keep in mind the mana cost is a pain the ass to sustain at low gear levels. Even at high levels you can go oom if you try to go for a sub 3 min gorge clear and spam totem + curse constantly.

And ty :^)
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Bought a
for 28ex, divined twice and removed all the cast speed for power charges + the filler power charge stuff + throatseeker. Now at 45k with 8 charges, 51,3k with taste of hate + 8 charges. And Possibility to go up to 57k if I use my old wand over my shield. But don't feel like doing that on hc though :D

Glad I saved a decent bank until end of league, even though it feels like clearspeed went down I've always wanted one of these babies.
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Apr 18, 2015, 1:18:29 PM
I wonder if you'd switch Increased AoE for Empower on bosses, what'd be the output then? Should be a massive boost.
"
Kedisi wrote:
I wonder if you'd switch Increased AoE for Empower on bosses, what'd be the output then? Should be a massive boost.

Inc AoE is a blue gem, where was empower is a red one. I think I rip'd both my empower3 and 4 to standard so can't really test. Either way, switching aoe gem with critt multi is roughly 10k more tooltip, however aoe is just too good to pass up
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info