Unique Items - Personal Designs

"
Mongobongo wrote:
I don't really think this is good in a RF-build. At least not mine. I don't have any problems maintaining my hp and would much rather have 100+hp/res and maybe other missing stats on my amulet than even more reg. Indeed 3% is a lot but it does not make up the loss of every other stat you could get on an amulet. I am still looking forward to getting this unqiue for testing reasons and i would absolutly enjoy having this well designed aura in party-play.
Hype!

what about thinking of it from the other direction tho, if you could drop 3% life regen from your tree, what different areas could you go to instead and how much extra life, core stats etc could you potentially spec?

not saying that will definately be a benefit over a rare ammy either, buts its worth considering.
"
Because it is an aura, what about adding something like 10% faster start (or regen) of es too to make sure every builds receive a benefit and maybe put it lv 20-30 instead of only 16 ?
I'm completely, 100%, against this. You can get 50% off Bated Breath, it doesn't really fit with the item, and not all uniques have to work with all builds. Straight ES builds are fine and have a bunch of uniques already, regen-focused and support-focused builds have precious few.
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
"
Mongobongo wrote:
I don't really think this is good in a RF-build. At least not mine. I don't have any problems maintaining my hp and would much rather have 100+hp/res and maybe other missing stats on my amulet than even more reg. Indeed 3% is a lot but it does not make up the loss of every other stat you could get on an amulet. I am still looking forward to getting this unqiue for testing reasons and i would absolutly enjoy having this well designed aura in party-play.
Hype!

Getting 3% max regen on an amulet saves you from having to travel to the dualist area for regeneration entirely. That's a hell of a lot of nodes saved that can be invested in life/other things.

We don't know the specifics right now, but the trade off might be worth it. There are a lot of life nodes in that area to consider. *shrug*. And amulets can only hit 79 life, not 100 :p

They hit over 100 if you take into account strength (especially ambers).

That said, this unique is pretty bonkers good for leveling. No more awkward 1% life regen. Too bad increased area of effect of auras and increased effect won't work.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Apr 15, 2015, 11:45:06 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

what about thinking of it from the other direction tho, if you could drop 3% life regen from your tree, what different areas could you go to instead and how much extra life, core stats etc could you potentially spec?

not saying that will definately be a benefit over a rare ammy either, buts its worth considering.

I just did some modest testing and this amulet can save you over 15 points on the passive tree.

Without dualist area: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-vbKIATP88Lcaud-PE9hyntz6uPiftDF9Bh_4KZ5sGDlOl-ejYveRR1HyCx2h0UEcJ9ij60_vaYu8O6-6ofRNslKAUILiTmuBakQZJXz-nCM36MtFFnWqs9kidro9G2Qt8g0VHU1LEWBpsm6EqmBEtiEA26ffX-oAsnKasJKrMvOyKkDMWb0QEqsR9GGvb42oQl4VgbRlNuSL0bAsNjRzcyT2_l_Ie

With: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-vbKIATP88Lcaud-PE9hyntz6uPiftDF9Bh2ebBg5Tpfno5FHUfILHaHRQRwn2KPraYu8O6-6UoBQguJOa4F8_pwjN-jLRRZ3BBPZIj0bZC3yDRUdTUnloxFiboSqYES2IQAth99f6gCycpqx4Dcy87IqQM76KRASqxH0Ya9sB3BCXhWBtGeLqhNlNuSL0YSFsC4TvDY107RzcJ9V678k9YEsFLb-X8h6drhpsNukkqhZv42r-Cti90_uofVqRaqwGSRNs

Of course, there is a small bit of life loss, but with 15 freed up points, this can easily be made up and used in other areas on the tree in a more optimized manner.

I tested it out a little bit and you can go from 140% max life to 175% max life using the 15 points. (actually 19 for both trees to be a bit more efficient for both). That's a 35% increase in max life. Yeah... pretty sick. I'm not going to link the trees to save on space but this amulet has serious potential.

"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
They hit over 100 if you take into account strength (especially ambers).

That said, this unique is pretty bonkers good, especially for leveling.

True, I wasn't thinking about strength. But this amulet has strength too so it's like 12 points of strength to consider. Not really too big a deal imo but meh.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Apr 15, 2015, 11:44:34 PM
"
Wooser69 wrote:
RIP atziris foible, you were good to me but qarl has left me with no choice.

I hope it doesn't replace Atziri's Foible! (Well maybe for specific cases, but not in general.)

I really like Atziri's Foible, I'll make a note on it for the unique rebalance pass.

Last edited by Qarl on Apr 15, 2015, 11:42:56 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Wooser69 wrote:

I hope it doesn't replace Atziri's Foible! (Well maybe for specific cases, but not in general.)

I really like Atziri's Foible, I'll make a note on it for the unique rebalance pass.

good good it's one of the cutest uniques in the game I absolutely love it
IGN: Scuhr
My god this item is amazing. It is going to be PERFECT for my RF Incinerate character. So hyped to get this and try it out!!!
A long time ago, on a Wraeclast far, far away...
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Wooser69 wrote:

the 18% attribute reduction is hard to make up for so i think they both will hold a very useful place in leveling builds. one of the biggest issues i have ever encountered when applying a build is attributes.
Do aura nodes effect this items auras?

Also, summoner hype! More regeneration without needing vitality. Might not need clarity either.
Last edited by Waves_blade on Apr 15, 2015, 11:52:15 PM
So Qarl plays evasion based characters and is sick of the mana regen and life regen nodes on that part of the tree

cool story

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info