[Theorycrafting] Null's Inclination

I am toying with the idea of what a Null's Inclination build might look like.

Obviously, I cannot account for the new jewel sockets or post-Act4 passive tree node changes, so this is focused on the general idea, narrowing down the shape of the build.

Let me know what you think~

"
Null's Inclination:

Adds 57-151 Chaos Damage
7% Increased Attack Speed
+11% to Chaos Resistance
Minions Deal 1% Increased Damage per 10 Dexterity
+212 Intelligence Requirement
Cast Socketed Minion Spells on Kill with this Weapon

It's got lots of Chaos and some attack speed, so I started with an ele buzzsaw build and cut down the ele stuff and restructured it for minions, chaos damage, and attack speed.

Then while browsing quivers and other uniques, I happened upon this.

"
Soul Strike:

+30 to Dexterity
Adds (13–18 to 26–32) Chaos Damage
(8 to 12)% increased Attack Speed
+(100 to 120) to maximum Energy Shield
40% reduced Energy Shield Recharge Rate
150% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge

The teaser videos and articles have parts that suggest that Chaos damage may be getting improved with Act 4, and I liked the idea of chaos-barrage type build.

I toyed with going CI, even trying to take Zealot's Oath at one point, but eventually settled on going hybrid instead for the flexibility of traveling through HP nodes.

Plus, being a summoner-type build, the recharge rate drawback on Soul Strike won't be an issue.

I eventually arrived to the following skill tree, with options to start from either Scion or Witch.

Passive tree:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZfRgRUCL07Ipr2zW5bAtMs6crHU8NjS0fBAcc3IPbf8aTJ8k9VcYRlrQMv5c6WAceRnHquvIerJiVLoMJDXz31_DVb55Xycy8hEhJUY_6ykoo-kQEqsRca9DQwzqCxxCXhWDDbVKvieCbtfno0_sMfU25u03mWFM1GYpBh6h9E2wQf91fkx8Pq_sJtz5akQZJxp5n_EkTFr_22sau_gpqrAMeGo88Ldi9H0EdvjWSM4e18gPubqqpbl-YbEZZbXJszzIyCWBDbj0Dljso74j5N9fPSbE=

As for skills, with the exception of the gems in the bow and a 4L bow-skill, it's a fairly mundane summoner setup.

On the chest for a 4L Bow skill, there's room for a Blink Arrow + one additional support OR if given a 6L, perhaps a Curse-on-hit or Culling+IIR setup.

Skill gems:

6S BOW
Spoiler
SRS X3
Increased Duration
Multistrike
Added Fire

3B 3R

The teaser videos suggested gems could be stacked, so full investment towards SRS. The passive tree will also accommodate these with 90% increased skill duration. SRS without cast speed!

6S chest
Spoiler
Tornado Shot
LMP
Faster Attacks
Added Chaos
----
????
Blink Arrow
or
Curse-on-hit
Enfeeble? Poacher? Temp chains? Punish?
or
Culling Strike
IIR

4G 1B or 3G 3B

I dislike the idea of using a bow without bow-skills. Tornado Shot seemed like the best choice, having good coverage and a sweet spot, which is made easier by having minions.

4L +2 Minion-gem-level helm
Spoiler
Zombies
Minion Life
Multistrike
Chaos Golem / Minion Speed / Blind / Stun

3B 1R

Gotta have meat shields! I'm thinking of having a Chaos Golem included and assuming it's a blue gem - The alternative support being Minion Speed. If for some unfathomable reason it turns out to be green or red, Added Cold, Blind, or Stun can work as defensive options too.

4L Auras
Spoiler
Reduced Mana
Haste
Clarity
???

1R 1G 1B 1?

Auras are a must on most characters. In this case, I only have Haste and Clarity in mind. I'm not sure what to pick for the 3rd - Probably Hatred? My math game isn't strong, so I'm not sure if I'd still have room to cast Tornado shot... Maybe incorporate blood magic on Tornado Shot?

4L - Spectre / Utility
Spoiler
Raise Spectre
Spell Echo
Life Leech
Desecrate

1G 2B 1R

For the last 4L, I was thinking of having Evangelists. The additional bubble protection would be great and they don't need much to stay alive, also have the option to fit in Desecrate or a 4th support gem.

1S Rings X2
Standard Summoner QoL gems
Spoiler
- Convocation
- Flesh Offering

1B 1B

Chances are, mapping will force me to give up a minion to focus more towards what remains, but that's a decision of preference to be made when the build can be played.
Casual Alt-Life is best Life.

Gen 1: Spectre Necromancer, Caustic Trapper, Righteous Incinerator, 3Dragons Deadeye, Elemental Raider
Gen 2: Flicker Blade Vortexer, Perandus Hierophant, Iron Commander, Poison Flurrier
Gen 3: Cycloning Slayer, Berserker Witherstormer, LL SRS Auramancer.
"
I dislike the idea of using a bow without bow-skills. Tornado Shot seemed like the best choice, having good coverage and a sweet spot, which is made easier by having minions.

With this bow, it is not ur preference anymore. You have to score kills by using this bow to cast the minion spell. That means either basic attack or bow skills should be used.

And gl rolling 6 off on a bow. donnt know if the added int requirement would help or not.
Last edited by kongyuyu on Apr 23, 2015, 7:46:37 PM
I think soul strike is a good choice for the witch path since it will make up for the ES lost on a shield. Im not a fan of slow recovery of ES but the higher the pool, the better its going to be. Ive decided to go with this build on release and i hope the bow isn't too expensive when i get up there. Full CI witch will have issues getting the DEX requirements for this bow especially at 212.

I still have not decided whether or not i care too much about pumping chaos damage as much as utilizing the bows summoning effect with a high powered skill. Culling strike is an absolute must for a support on your main skill as well as very fast APS so you get those kills before your zombies. I would assume:

Tornado shot (or split arrow) + Chain + Culling Strike + Faster Attacks + DPS support of your choosing. Its not going to be about damage output, the bow isn't impressive in that department. Itll be about landing the cull. Since you'll be culling it may be a good idea to build around MF too especially if you're grouping more.

EDIT: also as the guy mentions above me that rolling 3B/3R is going to be impossible, hes right. Since the additional INT req is added we dont know if itll have an affect on it.
Last edited by Rusery on Apr 23, 2015, 8:03:28 PM
To me, the biggest problem with a Null's Inclination build is that your minions will let you down against bosses. It's good for clearing, a boss with no adds kills your minions, it just you and a weak bow with chaos damage on it.

For what it's worth, the high int requirements would make it easier to roll blues, but still dastardly hard to roll optimal colours because of that high dex. Any summon setup is going to need a lot of red sockets.

Despite my problems with Null's Inclination, I did like the idea of being a necromancer archer, so I made a similar build for 1.3, the Blood Raven Archer Summoner. It spawns Zombies and Raging Spirits using CoC and maintains a full group of zombies for a fleshy meatshield. It worked out pretty well, I've already killed Mageara, twinned Shock and Horror, Palace Dominus and Courtyard trio with it.
Why do people keep pretending we don't know if the int requirement on this bow will affect rolling sockets on it? Yes we do, Mjolner's been around for over a year now.

It does affect the socket colors.

http://web.poe.garena.com/forum/view-thread/3554
I new in this game, but I disagree with you.

In my opinion, this bow must be used with summon skeletons exploding.

summon skeleton + minion instability + concentrated effect is the main idea.

So, you must use aoe skills like Rain of arrows, lightning arrow or Explosive arrow, in same link.

I'm sure Skeletons will do much more damage than srs this way.

Last edited by samfortal on May 8, 2015, 7:04:51 PM
"
To me, the biggest problem with a Null's Inclination build is that your minions will let you down against bosses. It's good for clearing, a boss with no adds kills your minions, it just you and a weak bow with chaos damage on it.

The beauty of this bow is that it doesn't stop you from normal summoning. You summon on kill, and u can also spend mana to summon, thus maintaining your meatshield
Identifying items on the ground: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1562689
Talismans as quest rewards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1690768
Last edited by Brigs on Oct 22, 2015, 12:54:05 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news reduced mana gem dose not affect auras you need to change that to enlighten

Many a Virgin has cried over this loss
Last edited by Drayid on Oct 22, 2015, 4:36:07 AM
edit: Holy crap dat necro..
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Oct 22, 2015, 6:02:08 AM
I know I didn't even realise the above poster had necroed this lol that would probably be why he had refered to the reduced mana gem lol
Last edited by Drayid on Oct 22, 2015, 6:43:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info