[1.3] Father of All Evil / Dominating Blow Templar , IMMUNE TO DEATH ?? must see !!!

Hello folks ! I am Zorgilon and i love minions so i ussually play minion builds , so every item , keystone or gem that comes out , my first thoughts are something like
''how can my minions take advantage of that ? ''

What i have in store here is what i hope to believe is a good-unique idea and VERY FUN to play. Note that this is not an end-game build that will do super hard bosses like death+taxes atziri or uber version , but i believe you can destroy all maps ! yes all !

So far i have done up to 75 level maps and it works pretty much ( not with super crazy modes to be honest ) . It all started with this :

which is where i got the main idea. It has been mentioned by many posts that this is a summoner / Minion Instability build and Necromantic Aegis, possibly pvp purpose due to 1.3 expansion , but i never saw any regular summoner build with it. But i use it on my dominating blow char that has tons of minions !!!
Let me briefly explain some of the bonuses :

1) increased Attack Speed is way fine cause we dominate everything pretty much

2) increased maximum Life is great for the dominated mobs , they die a bit harder , more damage on explosion ( MI ) and the main aspect i explain below..

3) −50% to all Elemental Resistances , in order to explode with faster rates

4) Nearby allies Recover 2% of your maximum Life when you Die THIS IS THE CRAZY PART . With this shield minions die faster , deal better damage and when they die they heal all others including YOU ! Guys this is crazy you should check it out , i feel that if i am not bursted down or 1 shot i cannot die because the heal is crazy ! I have actually NO LIFE LEECH and still stand there and destroy.

Well that much for the shield with NA and MI , the weapon i am using is none other than Soul Taker : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Soul_Taker

because dominating blow's BASE mana cost at level 20 is something like 40 and Soul Taker has the
''Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks'' along with a very decent dps . Imagine adding a multistrike gem there :S , soul taker makes my life easy. Plus it is the fucking SOUL TAKER if you can feel me , it really has to take your soul :P

The rest of the gear is nothing crazy to show , i use resistance rings and belts , armor gear along with a 5L Lightning Coil where i run my dominating blow , and since i change that gear all the time it is not worth showing and needs to be upgraded but here it is :

Gear using atm :
Spoiler

Links :

Spoiler
5L Dominating Blow + Melee Phys + Multistrike + Splash + Increased Duration (97 secs of domination)
4L Molten Strike or Cyclone + 3 gems of your choice for dpsing map bosses down
4L Reduced mana + Hatred + Determination + Herald of Ash
3L Convocation + Flesh offering + Duration important for minion control and damage output
1L Punishment Curse ! because you have all those minions ,phys damagers are gonna hurt
rest links are up to you ! i like using enduring cry and molten shell sometimes that buff armor , but never immortall call , it is useless in my build

Altenative Idea , more summoner focused :
Spoiler
other than taking many melee nodes i could spend some minion nodes and make minions stronger and also use zombie/spectres , but i have not tested that .

Altenative Idea 2 , with a 6L :
Spoiler
oh god how i wish my coil was 6L , i would swap out increased duration for Cast on melee kill + Summon Raging Spirit ,since the srs would be linked to all the good staff that is melee phys and multistrike

Passive Tree :
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAQ8hPBJrPcU1DY2jyBLOiAPAfwGYD7jOHHb48LUz_r2xKyG6qtfI1kti9_gq3PsauzzJZbV-YMZ6mV03j_o_A40tX8bNvnspKUUysR31bKk0_J4MJsHdGcRqP9tr7CRmKm7XDOlVLYeImlRa_D6tTNXzZ9zJyqcT2kFUaOMAaWfOsqicv42oWb_rSZp6ApFXWZOcXL0jnj0YdFDbpJKrPfnas6hgTTCb4F-FOMsGj-OtZ_jB34mFkUoIH2XwUcWoBl7RVqaQZtiwl3xv6OlIOPBiRvJ_8SxRN7UGxsw==

Note that while i use armor gear and nodes , the build can also be done with evasion and acrobatics.
I wish i could make a video and show off how hard it is for normal monsters to kill me and i really enjoy the playstyle. Build of the new week ?? I laugh but would be cool

Video :

On the video there is a scion version of the build which is pretty much similar to templar version.

So to sum up The Father of All Evil dominates minions and uses them to his own interest , only to serve as bodies and damage dealing servants , till they die in horrible explosions and heal him up like shit to keep on the massacre. His only hope , get a 6L to control more undead :P
Last edited by Zorgilon on Apr 23, 2015, 10:03:07 AM
can you post a video? i want to see what you described in '4)' in action
i really want to try making a video , but i am a newbie.

I can simply do it with fraps ? they say its the best to do that job.

PS : unfortunately the minion deaths and the ''heal have no special animation ( only through MI) , but when i make a vid , i hope you can see my life going up without me having a life leech , and that is it.
Do not be mistaken i can be 1-shoted , but the sustain is crazy
up
uploaded a video now , sorry for bad quality

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info