Thinking of respeccing for armor

I tried making a dual totem templar, and I thought energy shield was the way to go. However, by level 66, he gets killed pretty easily. I've thought of several solutions to this, and would like some advice.
1. Put a few more points in armor, and get some heavier armor as well. Add that with the determination aura.
2. Get zealot's oath and use that in combination with vitality
3. Get rid of all the energy shield nodes and instead travel down the western arm of the skill tree and pick up some of the armor nodes there, like juggernaut, etc.
4. do the same thing as in number 3, but concentrate more on endurance charge nodes to use with enduring cry.
I'd appreciate your suggestions.
To be honest, none of those options sound that great. My suggestions would be either to get more ES (Are you CI? What's your gear like? How much %ES do you have on tree? Are you using Discipline?), or go life with EB and Arctic Armour (and maybe Cloak if you so desire). Trying to reach all that armoury goodness while picking up all the spell nodes at the top of the tree is a bit of a stretch, and none of those options will help that much if your ES/life is still too low.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Good point. I am not using CI. As of now, I have the ES cluster around arcane focus and also several around unnatural calm. Also, the three that lead over into the region that has the "harrier" notable. I do use discipline. I've been thinking about going down into the with starting area, but haven't gotten around to it, yet. My gear is actually kind of crappy, granting only about 660 energy shield total, but I'm also sort of transition into ES/armor hybrid gear at the moment.
Anyway, I was discussing energy shield a bit on another forum, and it was mentioned that it's mainly best-used for builds that freeze enemies, so it can recharge, but that it's not so useful for other builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info