Help on glacial cascade witch...I can respec (std)

Hi, I was wondering why damage doesn't seem to scale too well on my witch. I only get 6k dps right now with a 32% crit, 300% multi. Should I respec out of those increased freeze nodes? I run hatred, discipline and lvl 15 AA. It seems I have ok gear but it seems the spell doesn't scale too well. What if I put power charge on crit instead of chaos damage? Each damage gem seems to add 1100 dps so not sure. Oh my health is only 3200.
Tree

Gear:
Spoiler

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by raziekeljr on Apr 13, 2015, 9:25:04 PM
Those freeze duration nodes only help lowering the freezing threshold so you can freeze rares/bosses you might not be able to otherwise. The damage stays the same. As such i would not take them. Those nodes become an issue for high level maps (when you are level 80+). They can make the difference if you are able to permafreeze bosses from residence dominus to shipyard general.

If you want to make a freezing build that can freeze those bosses you would be better off with a pure cold spell, so i think it should take damage nodes instead.

I don't think pcoc would give you more damage than added chaos. Glacial cascade has 80% damage effectiveness so you are not loosing that much on added gems.

BTW Why take mind drinker? The leech doesn't apply to spells and soul siphon would give a higher increase to mana.
ditch the shield, get 2nd divinarius. It really makes a huge difference.

U also don't need EB, i don't know why u even took that node. EB is good if u use Cloak of Defiance, which most Glacial Cascaders do not due to the need of Carcass Jack. Thus, remove EB, ditch Discipline.

Hatred is gives u maybe 1k dps at high lvl with all gems lvl 20, so its really not worth it. Clarity, HoT and Haste in an Alpha Howl are all u need. If u use HoI+ curse on hit + assassins mark u also remove the need for power charge on crit, and with the right tree u will permanently have 7 power charges up.

Cwdt+EC+IC+Inc. Dur. is also a superior defensive setup, imho, but ofc u can stick with what u currently have.

I'm not entirely sure why u chose those specific supports for ur Glacial Cascade. Even in a 5L, GC+ Conc Effect+ life leech+ spell echo + Faster Casting gives u far superior damage, provided u took the Area nodes in the tree. If i remember correctly, at lvl 75 ish my GC tooltip was at about 18-20k with mediocre jewellery and a 5L.

This is the tree I used for my GC on Torment league, and the damage was through the roof + pretty much all bosses were perma frozen, with the exception of a few very resistant ones.
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAghDfsCycr5sQWND1QZYFQq6zTLNQMNteVcZfKgQH6-SD2z1fUlOXlZf0akPAVG0ZCPT-s1crvYKVILjKO3wPxKKjwfMtH0lR8NWVLgceEZZ_xvIdZJ3r9Y_6cFKJ03DVXfIOSN-EQsOMNgL-YeJVS8u9B2MmlRa_Fefwa3OzVa5Eq4-mzfp8gxEtfsfli52upwi4k_nbU1JFnZrg6-756ILHKPq3PkGH2L3-Cio4qW618jWSMtFFR8BmogAEs5_f73w8BYKbmjvVpu08hX0pT-w4kFUnL3GFwBoaOEbXVynzEbFCxp4Qfwx9
Ah, Mind Drinker "Physical Attack Damage" I thought it was any physical. Will change that and get rid of those top nodes.

I will try a second Divinarius but I kind of like having some block plus I really need the life on that shield. Also, I took EB to run AA which I could not do without it. I have little defense, like no armor and 25% chance evade so I thought AA would help on ranged hits and fire. I think I stopped using faster casting because I wasn't doing enough per hit damage to crit for much so I started adding other supports to boost base. But I'll try Conc Effect and check your build out.

Thanks guys we'll see how it goes.
"
raziekeljr wrote:
Ah, Mind Drinker "Physical Attack Damage" I thought it was any physical. Will change that and get rid of those top nodes.

I will try a second Divinarius but I kind of like having some block plus I really need the life on that shield. Also, I took EB to run AA which I could not do without it. I have little defense, like no armor and 25% chance evade so I thought AA would help on ranged hits and fire. I think I stopped using faster casting because I wasn't doing enough per hit damage to crit for much so I started adding other supports to boost base. But I'll try Conc Effect and check your build out.

Thanks guys we'll see how it goes.

I too have run lvl 21 AA with the tree i provided above with no mana problems at all. All u need is Clarity and enough regen from the tree. Also regen on both rings, thats it.

Edit: at lvl 94 I had 4.3k life, while using dual Divinarius. I never felt the need for more, and tbh u shouldn't either, cos as soon as u get enough crit and that curse on hit+hoi+assasins mark setup going everything will be perma frozen anyway, which is huge defense wise. AA + vaal pact provided enough to pretty much never die.
Last edited by eliade on Apr 14, 2015, 9:47:46 AM
Thank you for the tips. I did a full respec, following your tree over to the Templar aoe nodes which I think are key to using Conc effect, it didn't work before too well at all. For now I keep the shield until I get some more life on jewelry. But that HoT, Coh, Assassin's is a real killer.

So anyway, base dps went up to 12k and with only 4 power charges around 17.5k. Life went up a bit to 3400 with 900 ES. And running only clarity, Hot and HoI...the explosions are quite nice. I have to be a bit careful of reflect now. Just in 68-70 maps seems to be working quite well. thanks
"
raziekeljr wrote:
Thank you for the tips. I did a full respec, following your tree over to the Templar aoe nodes which I think are key to using Conc effect, it didn't work before too well at all. For now I keep the shield until I get some more life on jewelry. But that HoT, Coh, Assassin's is a real killer.

So anyway, base dps went up to 12k and with only 4 power charges around 17.5k. Life went up a bit to 3400 with 900 ES. And running only clarity, Hot and HoI...the explosions are quite nice. I have to be a bit careful of reflect now. Just in 68-70 maps seems to be working quite well. thanks

glad its going better! u mentioned ur running HoT in your COH. Try changing HoT for HoI instead. Ull see that with those area nodes, ice herald works much better at keeping charges up than herald of thunder.

reflect packs shouldn't be a problem with life leech gem+vaal pact, even in high maps, but reflect maps are better to reroll. The dmg gets so high eventually, that even with all auras turned off ull be reflecting quite some damage back to urself. and well its an unnecessary hassle :)
I recommend to link GC with a Knockback support gem, because knocked back enemies will be hit more times by GC. One won't see the increased dmg in the tooltip though, but it's a huge dmg boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info