Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

Does any1 till now got key for beta ? or on 20 we all know ??
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
I really like GGG insisting that anybody will get a chance to enter. But there MUST be some kind of pack that guarantees Beta entry. Else bots will get the beta codes with their thousands of alts and will sell them as was the case for early beta. Keys were sold for less that $5.

Can I sign up with multiple accounts to increase my chances of getting in?

No. Additional accounts will not be eligible. People trying to game the system will be removed. It's fine for multiple people in the same household to sign up as long as they are different people and have only one account each.

Your naivety is comical.
Last edited by icym on Apr 18, 2015, 10:53:51 AM

You do realize that the original closed beta supporter packs came with beta keys right? Which kinda nullifies your argument of it setting a bad precedent.[/quote]

I wasn't playing back then so I don't know. I'm guessing GGG were raising funds to keep producing the game and pay wages, bills etc ? As it is a non-sub game. That would be a pay to play/test situation with a purchasable key, not a %chance to win. I think GGG are doing this the fairest way possible.

Anyway GL with getting a key :) hope you get one in the first few days. I think a huge amount of people will get the opportunity to test it out once the initial bugs are removed and more keys are handed out.

I'll be watching/listening to a streamer play a build that's close to what I want to make if I don't get in right away. Plenty of opportunity to pick up info there with their followers asking questions and pointing out stuff.[/quote]

Wait so you're saying it was 'pay to play/test' for the first CLOSED BETA as there was no chance to win. Yet for the Awakening CLOSED BETA, which will include a full wipe as did the first CLOSED BETA, would magically be 'pay to win' and not 'pay to play/test' if you could purchase a key?

Riiiiiiight. Please do continue...[/quote]

back then when they did do the supporter packs with keys was near the end of beta. i guess i can say that. I was able to be in beta back then before the supporter packs even came out. before act 3 was in game also. but the timer helped get people in to the game. yes you can say it was pay to get in but it did help the company and not many hated the idea back then for them to do it. only ones that took advantage of it was the rmter's or outside trading sites. were people were selling them. remember the timer is evil and hated and back then thats what they thought made it fair and even. they also gave beta members keys to give out to others. not sure how they will do it. ik they will try do make it fair and keep it away from people rmt keys but only so much can do to prevent rmt. rmt is kinda pointless in a free game but hey some do it to make money and take advantage of the game. to each there own i guess. but just hope i get in again. im not a popular person and my favoriting is casters.

which saying there is not really anything shown in any videos that actually show any casting stuff more for melee. not saying i hate melee and dont need work. it does need to be better and the click on monsters is what i hate but again always been a caster in any game i play like this. but there isnt any info on casters. just melee. kinda just makes me want to get into beta to try tree changes to casters and how the new jewel system will work with casters so many videos and stuff point directly into melee or bows. but no spot light has been shown how it can effect casters. thats why i want to get in so i can do and learn about how the effects will work with them. since the new act and addons show melee or physical or bows most will work with that. yes that new staff is there and want to test it out. im sure theres alot being added on to core game to every aspect but since lack of seeing it in videos or what is being shown. i want to test those features thats why i want to get into beta. caster for life O.o act 4 hype
rawrawr
Yikes man, make an effort to format. Things like capital letters at the start of sentences and proper punctuation throughout would really help make that block of text easier to read. I would expect that GGG wants testers that can give feedback that's actually readable.

I bought my CB pack in July of 2012, CB didn't end until January of 2013, I'd hardly call that near the end. And of course that was before Act 3 was out, Act 3 came with OB.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I dont mind waiting longer for new content releases (you promised this now/then/before etc whine...), if its bad content release I would rather not have you release it, and keep waiting until its done correctly.

Keep up the good work! And I dont mind beta testing ;)
o great its time to get yelly as fuck tomorrow wen every one gets into the beta but me XD :)

Every one in the beta testing it * first of all grtz u bastards *
report everything asap
And get this out of beta ASAP PLZ ( so we can all enjoy it ) :)_

@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me
"
How do I sign up for the Closed Beta?

Visit the Beta Signup Page and click "Sign Up For Beta Now". If you're not logged in, you'll need to log into your Path of Exile account. If you don't have one, now's an ideal time to make one. Once you're signed up, it'll say "Signed Up" on the button.

Note that being signed up doesn't mean that you've already been given Beta access. It means you're in the pool of people that we're selecting from

Please consider adding additional logic around selecting newly created accounts. I know a lot of fellow players are abusing free sign up and make multiple accounts to increase the chance that they can get in to the beta.
Please do something to ensure the selection is fair for people did not abuse free accoutns.
Thank GGG for all the work done.
Seems I am not "Alpha member"... I was in closed Beta in febuary 2012 but it seems have nothing to consider with

Nevermind you are doing well !

/happy
Last edited by Hillda on Apr 20, 2015, 9:37:43 AM
0 7 44 13
days hours minutes seconds
how can they say it will be equal for chance but then they will be adding alpha testers and streamers to it manually. grrr
rawrawr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info