Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

New game client.

Does that mean we can't come back to the normal game once we confirm the beta key? (meaning we have to finish challenge first)

Do we need the character slot for creating characters for the beta?

(if yes: could you change my subscription to another of my account? yeah, I should have planned that myself...)
Guide français : http://sites.google.com/view/poefr/
"
vindoq wrote:
New game client.

Does that mean we can't come back to the normal game once we confirm the beta key? (meaning we have to finish challenge first)

Do we need the character slot for creating characters for the beta?

(if yes: could you change my subscription to another of my account? yeah, I should have planned that myself...)

It sounds like the beta will run in a separate client, on separate servers, with separate characters. You should still be able to run the normal PoE client.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Apr 13, 2015, 3:08:53 AM
HYPE!
Considering the selection process (random draw), the sign-up process could contain more info.

I guess that most people just clicked the sigh up button, even tho they may not want to play in CB because of frequent char wipes. This info was not relayed to the user at sign up.

So a lot of people that might not be really interested in such a CB experience, will now be in the selection pool, lowering the chances of those who are interested.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"Can you give me a Closed Beta Key?

No. Please stop mailing us asking this :-)"

Feel... compulsion... to... beg... for... key...

Please create an email account that you ignore, so we can email you there begging for Closed Beta Keys
"
I'm a popular Streamer. Can I get access?

Possibly. Our community manager Bex will reach out to some streamers over time and will invite them into the Beta. If you have a lot of channel views (more than a million) then get in touch with her.

Even tho i am not a streamer myself this leaves a very, very, very sour taste in my mouth. the reason why is because i know alot of streamers that have been streaming alot lately and i hope you guys forgive me for naming you but.. RichJMoney for example has 100k views, but in my eyes he deserves a betakey as well. and if he doesnt get one, then he will have very little viewers during the time of the beta, cuz everyone wants to watch the streamers with access over those without. he has been working for his sub button so hard and if you GGG, do this, and he loses his viewers then rip sub button. and that is not fair, sorry to say that. this is on the edge of BS.

i have never critized GGG with any harsh words but this time i feel like i have to. i wrote you guys an email about this but yet it has NOT been adressed in the Q&A and since there are alot of streamers that are pushing for the twitch partnership this is simply something that it not acceptable.

"
What's happening on the main Path of Exile realm while the Beta is running? Can we earn Closed Beta Keys there somehow?

The one-month Torment/Bloodlines leagues overlap with the first week of the Closed Beta. Afterwards, we're considering running low-key events on the live realm that may grant Closed Beta Keys to the winners. There's still a lot of ongoing discussion about this.

it is horrible to read this. basically people who are good in those competetive things get a key. and i know alot of people who suck at racing / competetive play in poe (including me, i just simply dont like it) but yet we have a lot of knowledge. and if those things are races.. well, then we are f'd anyway, cuz why cant someone who is good at racing but already has access just get another key and another and another and give those to his friends? bleh, a lemon is a sweet thing in comparison to this. if you wanna do a random selection, then stick to a random selection. make it to where people who were part of this race have an equal chance to get a key. or something. i dunno. but not this.

also, dear GGG, what could you possibly offer in the meantime, that makes up for the fact that someone who badly wants to see new content doesnt get a betakey? specially after you rewarded MTX in the current 1month. i dont think there is anything that can keep people entertained LONG enough to make up for not having access.

overall this beta thing leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. there is a countdown to content that most of us cant play anyway.
the more i read about it, the worse it gets tbh. The really important stuff is still not answered, the stuff that was answered gives new question that leave alot of room for speculation and the taste in people's mouth gets worse and worse.

dont get me wrong - i see why there is a beta, i see why GGG does random selections and yadayada, but the one edge of the sword is sharper than the other. it just doesnt equal out.
i am really worried that people get really f'ing mad about this to the point where the refuse to support this game further or where they start hating on the popular streamers.

also, i am well aware that there is no way of doing it perfectly for everyone, but at least... make it fair.

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Last edited by Milani on Apr 13, 2015, 3:29:38 AM
This thread is saltier than the Dead Sea...
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"
GooberM wrote:
feedback from new players is important, so they can carefully adjust the game to not scare them away, right
New player prolly not going to even play this beta crap.

Chances that new player going to progress at least to end of act 3 during this weeks is VERY VERY LOW.

New player can give feedback based on a regular game and I bet some of them already did. Shit interface and stupid gem rewards, retarded layouts and stupid act 3 mobs was already reported and ignored. Idiotic restrictions like inability to move items or unstack while trading exists because of some 'safety'-reasons. And this is exactly what anyones some new players, stupid interface.
"
basically people who are good in those competetive things get a key. and i know alot of people who suck at racing / competetive play in poe (including me, i just simply dont like it) but yet we have a lot of knowledge.

Short races is 100% RNG, no skill needed except some very easy basics. Anyone can win.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Apr 13, 2015, 3:31:02 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't want a beta key?????????????? :P

I love POE and been playing it on and off for awhile, Beta key is like peeking at your Christmas presents :D It completely ruins the awesome surprise :-)

I am excited about the new expansion, but I want to play it when its ready and released for everyone.

I want it to be new, fun and exciting and not knowing any of the new stuff.

So for everybody who is annoyed by not getting into the beta, think yourself lucky if you DONT get a key :-)

It has started again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info