+Physical and +attack speed > +spell dmg, +faster cast rate

+Physical and +attack speed > +spell dmg, +faster cast rate

I thought we wanted balance here and spells suck in a big way right now, so heres one suggestion on evening the field.

Currently witches have to be over leveled to kill equivalent leveled mobs, while an armor class can be 5 levels under.
Uhm, no. Witches dominate. I deduce that your build sucks.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Witches dominate everything still. When we do a 4 man party our witch is almost the only DPS.
Yeah, right now arrows do more than melee damage...

We need to buff, not nerf :P
"
dust7 wrote:
Uhm, no. Witches dominate. I deduce that your build sucks.

"
Riney wrote:
Witches dominate everything still. When we do a 4 man party our witch is almost the only DPS.

^^^^
This
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
yea, i have to agree, witchs still seem to just nuke everything, hence why the reflect aura's were insta-killing them off at higher levels, (even though they should be careful what they nuke =p)
Look at how many top ranked witches there are in the default ladder compared to every other class combined. Currently at the time of writing this 15 out of the top 20 are witches. People generally take the path of least resistance with the choices they make. Proof is in the ladder.
Well, technically, that would be proof AFTER people tried out all classes and actually figured out which class is the best. For all you know, the best (or the ones with most time) players just happened to prefer Witches or assumed they would be the best class.

But, yeah, Witches are currently too strong for the content. Or, rather, the content is not complex enough to challenge the typical Witch toolset. I think its safe to say that my Witch was on the verge of stopping play and starting to grind gear the whole time just to have killing speed on non-detonate dead spells that wasn't tedious.
Last edited by konfeta on Nov 18, 2011, 6:24:16 PM
I do way way way more dmg than any of the rangers i play w/, and i've given them bows that do 350+ dmg 50+ elemental and so forth... and i still out damage.

if anything its rangers whom need a boost, not witches AT all.
"
konfeta wrote:
But, yeah, Witches are currently too strong for the content. Or, rather, the content is not complex enough to challenge the typical Witch toolset.

This times thousand.

Mathematically speaking all other classes are underpowered compared to the Witch. But the problem isn't with the numbers; it's with the fact that there's currently very, very little content in the game that can actually challenge a decently developed Witch from a gameplay perspective.

The correct response to this situation is not to nerf the Witch into the ground (though the other classes might need boosting) or to add a bunch of numerical road blocks like the reflect auras, but to add actual gameplay elements where Witches have to use their tools in a productive way.

And before someone proclaims, "but how can they do that?!?! The game is already as complex as an ARPG can realistically be!" There have already been numerous threads since 090 on how to do just that, and the easiest first step would be to start adding player abilities to bosses (and Fury is here hopefully the beginning of a trend rather than an exception).
Last edited by gilligan on Nov 18, 2011, 9:28:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info