[1.3.1] "Boom Boom Pow!" End Game Non-crit Rainbow Mjolner Life/Armor

This toon started as an Aurora Aegis/Lightning Strike/Armor/Life character, but never really jelled. The best pDPS weapon I could afford was in the 350 range. Fast forward 20 levels, and I decided to go Mjolner and use spell damage and see if that could carry the character into the end game. My other character is a lvl 93 Witch arcer, I know my way around lightning damage setups. After dropping the Aurora Aegis, picking up Mjolner, Rathpith, and refocusing, the build seems much stronger.

The core is rainbow discharge, with infinite power charges coming from Romira's Banquette on hit, Frenzy charges from blood rage on kill, and Endurance charges from Daresso's Defiance on kill. Damage is supplemented with Arc. Herald of Thunder auto curses, and i have it in a 4L with curse on hit, reduced mana, elemental weakness/enfeeble, but will dropping the reduced mana gem as soon as I finish my dual curse astramentis craft.

Defenses are high armor, a 6K life pool, 1k shield, and capped block with rumi's. Life gain on hit provides immediate life gain and makes reflect packs relatively easy to deal with. In addition life leech from the belt and gem in boss fights up survivability a lot. Pack damage and clear speed is amazing, however single target/boss fight damage is not great.

Features:
Spoiler

235% Life
330% to armor
40% Block - 75% with Legacy Rumis
36% Spell Block - 75% with Legacy Rumis
5.1% Life regenerated per second sustains Blood Rage
Resists cap easily - +57% to all resists while holding a shield, 65% to fire with +1 to max
Base +20% vs Chaos, at -10% to Chaos, able to sustain Blood Rage
Discharge w/12 charges
Hits can’t be evaded, no crits
20% less extra damage from critical strikes
Cannot Evade Enemy hits, cannot be stunned
265% to lightning dam , 235% to cold, 185% to fire w/Iron Will

Cons:
Spoiler

No immortal call, enduring cry, nerf coming anyway, no Aurora Aegis Shield return, no Arctic Armor, may need to further push defenses, could add blind to Vaal Ground slam, or Herald of Thunder, could add Iron Reflexes, more defense research/input required. Also Experimented with Vaal Pact but doesn't mix well with Blood Rage.

Gemming:
Spoiler

Lightning Strike lvl 9, no quality - Multistrike - Faster Attacks, LMP, GMP, Life Gain on Hit
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Blood Rage
Life Leech/Iron Will (swap for boss fights) - Arc - Discharge
Herald of Thunder - Curse On Hit - Elemental Weakness - Conductivity, or Enfeeble/Temporal Chains (swap for boss fights)
Reduced Mana - Determination - Herald of Ice - Tempest Shield
Vaal Groundslam - Vaal Groundslam - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - Increased Area of Effect

Vaal Groundslam would be the easiest to drop, and if I were to drop it I would go back to some CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration/Molten Shell setup. However the build seems to run fine without it and jumping into a pack and lighting off a groundslam is super fun. Also has great synergy with Vaal Caress, 2x4 charge groundslam gems means Onslaught is up constantly. Another alternate glove choice is Lochtonial Caress, very fun for parties and everyone running around with full charges of every color make for a good time. Helps to offset discharge stigma in pugs.

Skill Tree Plan:
Spoiler

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2MRYPfz2SIzPXz8UIORRUEfvDho-8i8pLny46dV5OX7ins3SIfJBggfZfFcN2WF2rM9-rY3qGAHnpzAYkbyf_EsUTTbotfKpbngNWK8yCXJsbEbAGlnzrKpyqfcyfNknL5BVGjhxhdV1zLexQkbX2rmCm-w44XPtIKIABLPAZvAfaPIpT4V95CLVphpsNunjahZvJKqdrn7HG_Hli4x2tzEczj0PxPYB3L6K_lQNzStQhNm-p2VNvTZHflFgBjkki_uq8wakGbYsJd8b-jpS_grYvTWSagGXtFWpn8uRzi3Snz6mV03j_o864fJF

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAWGPG2MRYPfz2SIzPXz8UIORRUEfvDho-8i8pLny46dV5OX7ins3SIfJBggfZfFcN2WF2rM9-rY3qGAHnpzAYkbyf_EsUTTbotfKpbngNWK8yCXJsbEbAGlnzrKpyqfcyfNknL5BVGjhxhdV1zLexQkbX2rmCm-w44XPtIKIABLPAZvAfaPIpT4V95CLVphpsNunjahZvJKqdrn7HG_Hli4x2tzEczj0PxPYB3L6K_lQNzStQhNm-p2VNvTZHflFgBjkki_uq8wakGbYsJd8b-jpS_grYvTWSagGXtFWpn8uRzi3Snz6mV03j_o864fJF

Skill Tree Current (@86)
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzBjkNzRQgFE0WbxiRGjgaPhpsG_Eb-hzOJIskqiXfJy8pLilPK1AyCTWSNug26TpSPQ89_EbXR35QR1FgVw1YY1ivWfNfP2jybEZxhXJscql2rHgNeTl8uHzZfsd-4oIHgpuE2YV9jHaMz5BVna6ePJ7NogCkGacwqW6sqq2NsUK18rYsvJ-9Nr6KwBrAZsRYxPbG2My3z37SIdV11abYvdlh2XzaueFz42rkIuRR5Yvp1eoY7DjtIO8O8B_yL_JB8wb2SPcy-6r8S_4K_lQ=

Gear:
Spoiler

Alternate Gloves

Onslaught =s go go go.

Pug/Pub fun, give all your friends full charges.

Currently working on a craft for a dual curse Astramentis.

Boss Fights:
Turn on Determination instead of Herald of Ice. Swap curses from Elemental Damage, and Conductivity, for Enfeeble/Temporal Chains (requires corrupted boots with a white socket to avoid recolor issues) Should hit 20K armor w/o Rumi’s, 40K with. Swap Iron Will for Life Leech.

Tried Vaal Pact but it really hampered Blood Rage usability. I feel like it I should experiment more with Iron Reflexes and could use feedback/info here from experienced armor defense builders. Would be easy to drop a little on the life wheel and take that instead, could also push damage by taking the three spell dam nodes, and two elemental dam nodes in the templar starting branch. Could also pick up another 3% block down in dualist, so lot of flexibility as a I climb towards 90.

Help me understand how to properly stack defenses for a Marauder, should I drop Daresso's and try to get a Kaom's? Iron Reflexes? Not sure but it seems like I need to do more to ensure survivability for the final push.
Last edited by MaliceandMayhem on Apr 3, 2015, 5:02:53 AM
bumpity. Help mah! Tell me about your amazing high level defensive marauder setup.
Last edited by MaliceandMayhem on Apr 2, 2015, 8:10:41 PM
try US+IR
Consider swapping molten strike for lightning strike as the main trigger skill.

Works pretty much just as well for groups and is way better for bosses.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info