Incinerate witch build advice

Hi. I've made a witch incinerator generally following AngryCustards' build. Below is my current gear and passive tree. Generally looking for any constructive feedback into which nodes take. What gear to aim for. Possibly better gem setups. The build is by far the most successful and enjoyable I've done so far, currently sitting at lvl 72 and doing maps fairly comfortably if not always the bosses (potato computer, lag, Brutus >:/).

I have 7 unused skill points and the full 18 respecs available. I'm tentatively thinking of getting the witch faster casting beginning and unspeccing out of the added % spell damage as it isn't having any affect on my Herald of Ice/Thunder auras. Planning on getting Inner Force to buff arctic armor (will it help molten shell and the heralds?), also completing the life/chaos resist circle, Quick Recovery, Shaper, Constitution in the Scion life wheel and then tacking on Celestial Judgement/Punishment for the extra elemental damage, penetration and chance to shock/freeze. If you see my gem setup HoT shocking triggers warlords mark which gives me a goodly amount of life back as well as a few endurance charges reducing physical damage taken (and because of the speed of incinerate and the few increase shock chance nodes I've taken it triggers fairly often specially when fighting large mobs where it's the most useful). In two minds about taking Sniper and the 10% projectile damage node next to it.

Gem setup wise I probably really need to save the currency to get more sockets/links in my CoD. If I could put in a quality added lighting damage gem (which would give another 10% chance to shock) everything would be pretty much shocked with incinerates attack speed (and get 25% extra damage against from Celestial). I don't know as to it's acceptance amongst other players but I'm really digging Molten Shell (I have a lvl 17 17% quality gem) coupled with Conc Effect, Inc AOE and Life Leech. I throw it on before warping into a big fight and it goes off with a bang taking out quite a few (leeching me back some life if I lost a lot in theory). It is very effective against certain map bosses. So far it does around 10k damage (my incinerate does around 3.5k remembering it then splits into 3 streams which overlap when monsters get close so damage adds up quick against melee).

I'm running Herald of Ice and Thunder as they add damage to spells, Clarity for the mana back to keep incinerating non-stop as well as quickly recovering mana lost when Mind over Matter triggers and Purity of Ice to cover my low (44% resistance) resistance there. This still leaves over 1100 mana which is plenty for MoM. When I can cover that cold resist on equipment what other aura should I run? Haste? Grace?

Gear:

Tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABLMHHgj0DkgPqxEtEZYTnhZvFr8XLxmKGjgajx_HJpUnLyt4LJwtgy2LMtFEq0VHSVFTNVVLVa5V1lcrXfJh4mTnZp5o8mpDaxdtGXxLfIN-M35Zf8aApIIQgh6Cm4w2j6aQVZUglS6WdJcGmjubtaIAoqOkkbiTu-O86r2CwBrAVMBmwfPEosu9zfrVptsL37Dhc-aB7DjtPPAf8NX22vrS-wn-s_66

So far I think I'm onto a really solid build. Constructive advice/criticism only please. Thankyou.
Whats the reason for the wand? afaik incinerate can't even crit (apart from ass mark and diamond shrine) ?

Thats so horrible, a wand found on the first beach with +1fire gems would be better

I guess the only reason I see is the mana regen? Why not help your resist with your weapon if you don't need the stats on it anyway

Im pretty sure you could also get better boots, gloves and belt in 1-3 chaos range

Also, why not pack an Orb auf Augmentation on your Topaz and Granite Flasks?
Last edited by ItsRay on Mar 30, 2015, 3:00:40 AM
Wand: 56% increased spell damage for incinerate, some mana regen and a little cast speed. It's not fantastic, you're right, I do need an upgrade. Completely forgot to upgrade flasks! Will do it next time I'm on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info