Why are threads always moved around?

I feel like every time I make a thread, it's moved to some very specific sub-forum that I've never heard of before. I'm sure this one's going to be moved to "FAQs about Moderator Decisions," or something.

What's the point of General? And I mean this actually. What constitutes a thread being in here and not one of the more specific sub-forums?

Kinda feels like this should be called "Other" rather than "General."
Correct me if I'm wrong, too, but... As an avid forum-goer for games I play, it's always the same deal. General Discussion is the place to go. If you actually want people to view your threads and have discussion, you post there. When threads get moved somewhere else, or you start one off somewhere else, they're immediately dead. You might get +3 views over the next week. And it was probably just the people who tab every thread, glance over, and close.

The same does seem to apply to PoE. Am I wrong?
Honestly I fucking hate it when mods move my shit lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
It's a bug. They are looking into it.

i <3 minesweeper
do not mistake attention from players as attention from devs.

general discussion is excellent for fairly vague conversations that encompass several facets, but if you want to be seen by the devs, the more specific boards are superior.

Support should always leave a shadow when moving threads.

The forum structure overall needs an overhaul.

This, ironically, belongs in GenDis. it's not gameplay or balance feedback.

sad fact is some support members don't seem to have even read each board's one line description on the index.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I've reported it to get it moved to Community Showcase.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Forum desync.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Players are attention whoring from other players, not from devs. So they go to the most rotten worm filled apple that is GD and post their threads there.

If people were smart no threads would have to be moved because there are sub forums for everything, GD is just for discussing POE.
the problem is ggg showing the current thread view count.

not that giving players more information is generally bad, this just leads to a concentration of new posts in supposedly popular forum sections.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
If you make a post with /oos in the title, the threads you are looking for will be where they should be... most of the time, if the threads aren't rip'ed already.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info