how good of a weapon are face breakers equivalent to?

I'm looking to find out what the physical dps is, without skills or benefits from a tree. If it matters im thinking of about level 80
That is a good question. I am curious too. Anyone?
"
I'm looking to find out what the physical dps is, without skills or benefits from a tree. If it matters im thinking of about level 80

That's really kind of a meaningless question to ask. It's a completely different type of build to anything else. You can get plenty of damage and without needing to invest much in terms of skillpoints, but you'll have to sacrifice a LOT in terms of gear to do it. You can't use a weapon(well technically, you can of course, but it kinda defeats the whole point of the build) and you'll need a few other uniques, plus added phys damage on every other item that can roll it, so it'll be hard to get all the other stats you need with so few gear slots available. DPS should probably be the least of your worries.
If you're looking for the physical dps of facebreakers without any multipliers but equipment, add up all the bonuses you get from whatever set you fancy and multiply it by the facebreaker % phys.

Edit: to elaborate, a 40-60 abyssus with a perfect legacy facebreaker (1000%) = ((40+60)/2) =
50 X 1000% = 500 dmg per hit, multiplied by your attacks per second.

As you can see, it doesn't take many +phys dmg pieces to be sitting well above the dmg of any other weapon per hit.

Though, as said, it's a fairly meaningless question. Are you looking to work out if facebreakers are good? If so, the answer is fairly simple: yes. To add some minor detail, you can quite easily make a 100k cyclone build with a set, which is monstrous damage and comparable to very high dps 2handers.
Last edited by davidnn5 on Mar 25, 2015, 11:53:45 PM
Well, maybe you can think about it this way: Facebreaker DPS is variable based on the amount of flat phys damage of gear that you have on you.

Add all that plus flat normal fist damage, multiply by facebreaker percentage, then get the default aps for fists, and you get your weapon dps equivalent before all other multipliers :P

I'm out of my mind atm, so take it with a grain of salt.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Thanks everyone.
ya not sure but the whole reason i never jumped on the facebreaker train is because there is an absolute hardcap as to how much DPS you can get, really. since you're limited to how much flat phys dmg you can get on gear. once you get that, theres basically no going higher.
Well same with any other build...

Get mirrored gear, you ain't going any further.

But the OP should not worry since going above 20-30k Cyclone with Facebreakers is pretty easy and you can go 100k+ I believe with some serious gear.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
on that regard tho facebreaker is pretty efficient, since you can cap out its damage in probably a month of casual grinding/crafting yet it'll take years to get mirrored gear if you ever get mirrored gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info