Summon Raging Spirit: Questions

Not sure what I'm missing, but I'm unclear about a couple of things hoping to get help with.

1) How is it possible to summon the most skulls, upward of 50, as is in the skills description?

Currently, I can only summon 5 skulls at a time. No idea how it's possible to summon a great deal more.

2) Any suggestions on what perks to invest in to make the most of them?

They seem very effective and I'd like to focus on the skill a bit, since I enjoy using it.

I've check some build guides but they're not really explaining how to summon more skulls or make the most of them.

Thanks!
Last edited by Xathagorra on Mar 25, 2015, 2:39:36 PM
1) With CoC it's easy, but it should be possible with skill duration nodes and support, a lot of cast speed and two totems plus self-casting with echo. Similar to damage spells, having a good balance between cast speed and power is better than just spitting out obscene amounts of weaksauce skulls.

2) Yes, they are minions like any other, minion bonuses are the only thing that affects their stats.

3) It's a very strong skill but it requires a specific build, it's technically a summoner but it plays like a regular caster. It mixes well with a standard summoner if that's your thing, but poorly with a normal caster.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 25, 2015, 2:30:08 PM
1. You can get up to three Totems creating Raging Spirits.
You can improve your Cast Speed considerably (Faster Casting and Spell Echo supports, for example).
Increased Duration can help tremendously (90% on the tree, ~60% from the Inc Dur support).

Generally you don't aim for hitting 50 Raging Spirits though, it's ridiculously overkill.

2. Yes, that's why it has the Minion tag at the top of the Gem description.

3. As a Fire Witch? No. You need to build a Summoner for that.
It's far and away the most powerful Summoner build around. Plenty of guides if you're looking for solid information on how to get that stuff rolling.
Thanks for the feedback.

Which totems, exactly, should I be using?
Well, that's just it, you shouldn't, it's a waste of time. It was an answer to the question 'how to get 50 spirits in the air', it's possible but impractical, an average SRS builds can maintain around 20-25 spirits at the same time, which is more than enough for any purpose.

Last edited by raics on Mar 25, 2015, 2:53:45 PM
"
raics wrote:
Well, that's just it, you shouldn't, it's a waste of time. It was an answer to the question 'how to get 50 spirits in the air', it's possible but impractical, an average SRS builds can maintain around 20-25 spirits at the same time, which is more than enough for any purpose.

Ah, alright. It wasn't clear to me.

So it's possible to maintain that many spirits with basically faster casting and skill duration nodes?

Do I also need nodes that increase number of minions summoned?
Last edited by Xathagorra on Mar 25, 2015, 3:06:18 PM
There are better supports than faster casting, you can get a lot of it from tree. We can't extend minion cap for spirits, but why would you need to extend minion cap if you don't even come close to it?

A fairly standard SRS build will take both duration clusters, aura reservation, some minion damage and all cast speed it can get its hands on. The usual core supports are spell echo - minion physical damage - splash - multistrike, most popular auras are hatred and haste. An SRS build isn't terribly tanky, it relies on high roaming radius of spirits to take out enemies before they show their noses onscreen and uses distraction like a skeleton totem for tough encounters.

That should sum it up in under 100 words, 'taking the spirits for a badland stroll' might be a good title. Dere be spirits all 'round fren, sometimes talk.

raics and vipermagi laying down dat drrty urrty knowledge in the same thread, omgosh, it's like jordan and tyson throwing a basketball punching seminar
You know, there's plenty more room to play a smartass, don't let us steal all the fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info