Tormenting tormented Spirits

How are these spirit kills counted?

Do I need to kill the "ghostly" green...well...ghost? Can the spirit be snared (temporal chains/chilling)?
Or do I need to chase the ghost into a rare or unique mob until it is possessed and then kill it?

You can get them either by killing the ghost itself before it flees or by killing a rare/unique monster that it possesses.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
You can get them either by killing the ghost itself before it flees or by killing a rare/unique monster that it possesses.

Good to know, ty!

First impressions of loot spirits goblin ghosts. Hear one, hit pot, run around like 5 year old, get stuck in dead end trying 2h wack ghost down, surrounded by possesed mobs, oh f, oh f, flame blast, flame BLAST! Martyr -_-
so far i find it pretty annoying chase him leave mobs on the way hope he runs in the right direction and doesnt pop before that

the loot is meh lots of blues sometimes a rare
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Yep, the implementation of these ghosts makes for a pretty frustrating encounters. After just two days, I decided that I'm glad I never touched Torment league when it was active.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
They can be annoying sometimes when there's nothing around for them to possess, but some combinations of spirits and unique bosses can make for some really brutal fights.
Rogue-possessed maze vaal and vaal cultist dark forest oak being some of my more memorable encounters.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
I entered corrupted area is normal docks on my ranger to check if I cant get something useful from there. To my surprise, unique whipping miscreation boss possessed by tormented spirit was awaiting me at the end. Lets say it was rather nasty and short-lived encounter, haste + stormcall + GMP lightning strike is hard to avoid for a frail ranger without decoy totem and any movement ability with just 10% movement speed on boots. Since I'm playing SC, I bought some lightning resist rings and returned to pay my dues. I was rewarded with another notch for torment spirit challenge and a crap low level unique. Yay!
"
Baron01 wrote:
I entered corrupted area is normal docks on my ranger to check if I cant get something useful from there. To my surprise, unique whipping miscreation boss possessed by tormented spirit was awaiting me at the end. Lets say it was rather nasty and short-lived encounter, haste + stormcall + GMP lightning strike is hard to avoid for a frail ranger without decoy totem and any movement ability with just 10% movement speed on boots. Since I'm playing SC, I bought some lightning resist rings and returned to pay my dues. I was rewarded with another notch for torment spirit challenge and a crap low level unique. Yay!

GG!
What I'm really waiting for is a tormented spirit to infect a copy of Abaxoth spawned by a Voidspawn of Abaxoth. Hopefully one of the really strong tormented spirits, too.
"
What I'm really waiting for is a tormented spirit to infect a copy of Abaxoth spawned by a Voidspawn of Abaxoth. Hopefully one of the really strong tormented spirits, too.

yep, it's funny
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info