Need Answers from Experts on Facebreaker Builds

I'm currently attempting to build the most defensive build I can for Hardcore, but still have enough offense to clear content comfortably. The key is to be able to survive most easily even if some content takes longer to clear.

My question is, in your opinion, if I were to make a build that has very little to no extra physical damage nodes in it, is a decent non-legacy facebreaker capable of providing enough damage when coupled with flat physical damage on gear. I would likely not be using Abyssus due to its physical damage taken increase.

Thank you.

Please detail in your answer why you believe this can or cannot succeeed. Thank you very much for your knowledge.
Last edited by Dnarris on Mar 25, 2015, 1:31:16 AM
You'd be able to clear most content fine, until you get to maps, then you're going to start noticing your lack of damage. Like most Action RPGs the best defense in this game is to blow things up before you take damage, and to avoid things that are going to 1 shot you. You're better served having enough defense to not fall over any time something looks at you, while balancing in as much damage as you can manage.
I appreciate the response.

I guess the biggest issue, especially hardcore is making certain your defense are adequate without hurting your DPS too much.

Just by looking at numbers, I'm not sure how to visually balance that and know that my build will be sufficient.

I was hoping that I could cover lack of DPS nodes in my build with the abundance of %phys from the facebreaker.

It would then put pressure on my to make certain I had phys damage on my rings, amulet, belt, and any other slot I could manage.

I don't think I have the ability to balance Abyssus against my builds and play experience so I'd have to leave that out.
It is easy to make a defensive oriented FB tree. Thing is, you have so many free points that getting dps nodes is easy and doesn't take away from defense. For example: click me
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
a BoR/FB block build should be good. BoR flat bonus helps FB damage a lot, and we now have many block nodes paired with melee damage. I have one, 13k dps for cyclone without Conc effect. it's surprisingly sturdy. But it's quite hard to balance resistance with purity of elements. The tree is very similar to the one linked above by Etherfire.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info