[1.3.x] <Ice - Pyre - Fire> ------------ Burning Ice shot HoA Proliferation

Pyre

Passive tree
Theory
My current Passive (level 81)
Bandit reward: Oak - Oak - Kill (or Alira for power charge)

Gear
Core Item
Current Gear
Bow
- If you like puncture trap and close range
- (recommend) high crit, high damage
- Drillneck - best choice, give you 100% pierce and damage

Skill gem

Ice shot:
4L: Ice shot + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Pierce
5L: Ice shot + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Pierce + Increased Critical Damage/Life Leech
6L: Ice shot + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Pierce + Increased Critical Damage/Life Leech + Fire Penetration/Added Fire Damage/Power charge on critical
Puncture:
Puncture with high crit bow:
4L: Puncture + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Increased Critical Damage + Faster Attack
5L: Puncture + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Increased Critical Damage + Faster Attack + Culling Strike
6L: Puncture + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Increased Critical Damage + Faster Attack + Culling strike + Pierce
With drillneck 5l: Puncture + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Increased Critical Damage + Culling strike/Faster attack + Pierce
Chin sol - Trap:
4L: Puncture + Trap + Point Blank + Physical Projectile Attack Damage
5L: Puncture + Trap + Point Blank + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Increased Critical Damage
6L: Puncture + Trap + Point Blank + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Increased Critical Damage + Increased Critical Chance/Added Fire Damage
Aura:
Herald of Ash + Hatred + Elemental Proliferation + Reduced Mana
or Inferno HoA: Herald of Ash + Increased Burning Damage + Elemental Proliferation (157% Overkill Damage x 190%)
Defence combo:
CWDT + Enduring cry + Immortal call + Increased Duration (If u have 4r socket)

Offence/Defence
Offence
Ice shot:
Basic 5-link drillneck:

Basic 5-link drillneck with 4 power charge:

Puncture:
Basic 5-link drillneck:

Basic 5-link drillneck with 4 power charge:

Defence

Last edited by apocalypse1860 on May 16, 2015, 2:30:19 AM
- Use added fire instead of incr. crit damage on ice shot. It gives more damage and is much more reliable with the low crit chance you have with Chin Sol.
- Also because of this low crit chance, you should use increase crit chance instead of added fire in your puncture trap setup. You don't want your traps to miss the crit.
- Consider Cold to fire support gems. Once leveled to 20/20, it gives nice bonus.
- Also consider The 3 dragons, it simplifies everything a lot. You just have to stack cold damage and you're set. You can add a bit of fire to trigger shock, Added Fire and HoA will do that. Overall, I think this option gives much more damage thanks to shock, but you lose nice stats from Rat's nest...

On tree:
- remove the resist nodes (Cloth and chain) asap.
- Bloodletting cluster is not worth its huge cost, it's too situational. For those 5 points, you should rather take Aspect of the Eagle through the crit/att speed node and take one of the 15% bow damage node, and eventually the 2nd one.
- I also wouldn't take the Piercing shots cluster, you don't really need the 100% chance to pierce, 84 from drillneck + pierce is good enough. If you really want to stick with it, take the +10% proj node instead of the two 5/5 nodes. You save on point which is better spent elsewhere (like in the 15% bow from Aspect of the Eagle mentioned previously, or in a 10% phys damage from shadow, to improve puncture).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
- Use added fire instead of incr. crit damage on ice shot. It gives more damage and is much more reliable with the low crit chance you have with Chin Sol.
- Also because of this low crit chance, you should use increase crit chance instead of added fire in your puncture trap setup. You don't want your traps to miss the crit.
- Consider Cold to fire support gems. Once leveled to 20/20, it gives nice bonus.
- Also consider The 3 dragons, it simplifies everything a lot. You just have to stack cold damage and you're set. You can add a bit of fire to trigger shock, Added Fire and HoA will do that. Overall, I think this option gives much more damage thanks to shock, but you lose nice stats from Rat's nest...

On tree:
- remove the resist nodes (Cloth and chain) asap.
- Bloodletting cluster is not worth its huge cost, it's too situational. For those 5 points, you should rather take Aspect of the Eagle through the crit/att speed node and take one of the 15% bow damage node, and eventually the 2nd one.
- I also wouldn't take the Piercing shots cluster, you don't really need the 100% chance to pierce, 84 from drillneck + pierce is good enough. If you really want to stick with it, take the +10% proj node instead of the two 5/5 nodes. You save on point which is better spent elsewhere (like in the 15% bow from Aspect of the Eagle mentioned previously, or in a 10% phys damage from shadow, to improve puncture).

1. Chin Sol is not recommended for this build, high crit bow is much better. I just started this build 4 days ago, chin sol and romira's from my old 3 dragon DoT ice shot character. Actually, i already try to self-craft my harbinger
but failed (lol).
2. Pyre convert 100% ice damage to fire damage, and explosion cone after hit the target convert all physical damage to element damage, so i don't think Cold to Fire is fit for this build
3. 3 Dragon? Seem like another crit DoT Chin sol :))), i don't like it :))
On Tree:
1. Of course, asap
2. Totally agree with it, pucture only for kitting with boss, and with 5 point, I can gain more bow damage or more life/eva ==> fixed
3. Drillneck - more pierce, more damage, u can choose take 10% chance pierce or 2 5/5
Last edited by apocalypse1860 on Mar 22, 2015, 8:23:29 PM
1. I agree.
2. Pyre also destroys corpses, leaving nothing to proliferate. Cold to fire basically works like added fire, it's a true "more" multiplier. But it can't convert everything to fire by itself, which is a problem for your goal.
3. true. If you come from there, there's no reason to make it again.

on tree:
3. yes, you have drillneck. But think again, the cluster costs you 5 points, and you get 20 projectile damage and 16% pierce, ie. 36% projectile damage with Drillneck. That's 7.2% damage per point spent, which is very bad. Those 5 points spent in Aspect of the Eagle will give you 30% crit chance, 6% att speed, 4% move speed, 10 life, 20% accuracy and 35% bow damage.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Mar 22, 2015, 8:39:30 PM
"
1. I agree.
2. Pyre also destroys corpses, leaving nothing to proliferate. Cold to fire basically works like added fire, it's a true "more" multiplier. But it can't convert everything to fire by itself, which is a problem for your goal.
3. true. If you come from there, there's no reason to make it again.

on tree:
3. yes, you have drillneck. But think again, the cluster costs you 5 points, and you get 20 projectile damage and 16% pierce, ie. 36% projectile damage with Drillneck. That's 7.2% damage per point spent, which is very bad. Those 5 points spent in Aspect of the Eagle will give you 30% crit chance, 6% att speed, 4% move speed, 10 life, 20% accuracy and 35% bow damage.

1. only corpses hit by the arrow will be destroyed, enemies killed by explosion cone and HoA still remain corpses and proliferate. I know it's harder, but still acceptable
On tree:
1.You can choose spend point to Piercing shot or Aspect of the Eagle. Piercing shot not also give you damage, it give you pierce chance, too. Aspect of the Eagles boost damage, crit, ms and life. Many people use rare quiver instead of expensive drineck, so, agree, i respect your oppinion => fix
Thanks a lot
P/s: update gear and passive tree
Last edited by apocalypse1860 on Mar 23, 2015, 9:44:33 PM
I am running a build that is similar to this and it is very effective. The only major difference (besides most pieces of gear) is that I am running Doedre's Damning with Projectile Weakness/Assassin's Mark for the pierce extra damage multiplier. Proliferation on HoA is also extremely effective.
"
Zerodrag wrote:
I am running a build that is similar to this and it is very effective. The only major difference (besides most pieces of gear) is that I am running Doedre's Damning with Projectile Weakness/Assassin's Mark for the pierce extra damage multiplier. Proliferation on HoA is also extremely effective.

It's ok, projectile weakness increased damage taken of enemies and pierce chance, assasin's mark increased crit chance, crit multi, and give you some life & mana on kill. Basicly it's not much different between them, but you got a lot of troubles with curse immune mod

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info