Marauder Bleed Build (Theory Craft)

So I have been Toying with the idea of a melee based Bleed Build. The addition of the Blood letting node a few patches back has always interested me however i haven't seen it used particularly often.

Im Currently having a lot of fun on my Axe+Shield Static Strike marauder so I decided to incorporate some of those ideas into this build

I haven't tested this so this is very much a theory crafting session

Very Rough Skill tree

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAnld-4ITEe4x2f-RRi08oKpd57w5QRxQgXz8pLny4Gj6RzhRx-Ou77YE6G6pjF9d-wQcQ8PJafNn3MuoYsULzEXGFwBpZ86yqcqlG11cpkFUaOJo7gpvsOCcv73w8BcBmn9-iAASz8B9o8i3Snz6nMJ7N0iH3vm6X8pwB5xiRvJ8UTfxLNuify2EhGlVkowUteu907YTvYEsS4SFgQKBeE2TE7ddanxjbdPFmtkWpRmnAvzJOj5kEh3k5fuLp1cGCTUZi7L02R36E2S_MvqdlTVcNddAE5P-wWK8=

Main Concepts

The Main Skill will be reave as it provides good Range and scales will with Physical

So the main idea is to build around a high Physical Damage sword to take advantage of the Razors edge and Blood letting Keystones. This gives 11% chance to cause Bleed on Hit.(Im going non crit cus I am broke). While 11% doesnt sound like much with high attack speed (I estimate 6 APS should be achievable with Multisrike) Most mobs will be bleeding within 1 second.

The build will also take Knockback Nodes from the Tree as well as Using Knockback from flasks. This ensures that enemies are always taking max damage from the bleed, as knockback counts as Moving. This also allows us not to use Knockback as a Skill gem which frees up that slot for another gem.

Other Concepts
This build will use Celestial punishment and Elementalist to gain 10% chance to inflict Freeze/Shock/Burn. Of these Effects we are interested in Shock. From my Experience with my Static strike Marauder the High attack speed means that enemies are shocked relativity effectively. We will use Herald of thunder to add Lightning damage to our attacks.

Celestial punishment also adds increased damage against enemies affected by Freeze/Shock/Burn. While 10% shock will shock some enemies its nowhere near enough to Freeze/Shock/Burn the whole screen. We will use Herald of Fire Linked To elemental proliferation to burn packs ensuring they take 25% increased damage. We will also use the unique item Gang's Momentum to gain a further 15% increase damage against Ignited Enemies.

We will also use Vulnerability for increased initial Physical damage and Increased damage over time

Double Dipping

So in an optimal Situation this is what the hope would be.
Lets say we hit an a enemy for 1000 Damage. After this hit the enemy is Shocked, Bleeding, burning and cursed with Vulnerability. From the next hit they would take +139% damage

The Second Hit would deal 2390 Damage. And lets say that hit causes a bleed. From what i understand that bleed is also affected by the damage multipliers caused by Shocked, Bleeding, burning and Vulnerability.

So the enemy is constantly moving due to knock back So the base damage of the bleed is 60% of the initial hit per second.

In this case 1434 damage per second.

This then is subject to a 143% multiplier meaning the Bleed damage would be 3491 damage per second. Which is roughly 30% larger than the initial Hit.

Defense

Firstly this is going to be in Soft-core. So Dont freak out because I dont have 200% life in my tree. Also you can reach 4K life easily with 120% life and Belly of the beast due to the High amount of Strength this build gets

Im going armor-block mainly because those nodes happen to be in the same part of the tree as sword and bleeding nodes that i want. Also I quite like armor because if your familiar with enemy types you can generally avoid the big physical hits. ie if you die to powerful crit Bonestalkers you have no one to blame but yourself.

Gear

This build will use three Uniques
-Belly of the Beast
-Meginords
-Gangs Momentum

Why not use Atziri's Disfavor? In reality it probably would make more sense and do more damage to build around this Item. However I dont have one and cant afford One

For all other slots just go for Life Resists, Flat Physical and Armor.

Conclusion

So those are my thoughts, this is from a very initial starting point with no Practical testing done. I think Bleed might add some nice additional damage but i have a sneaking suspicion that the points I have invested into Bleed nodes would probably yeild more overall damage if invested into the some of the swords Nodes I have skipped.

I may try build this Character at some point. At the moment im actually enjoying playing Melee. If you have any comments suggestions or criticisms please let them be known :P.

Have fun folks

Tested this

the amount of damage that the bleed does is pretty un-substantial.
While I find it fun to play a gimmick build in this case you are better off putting the 10 or so points invested into bleed into the various sword and Shield shields that are available with similar pathing.
I'm not sure but with multistrike either all 3 hits bleed or all 3 do not
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info