Minion instability is not a lost cause afterall...

Note Before reading: This is not a build, this is a mechanic that could complement a dominating Blow Build or maybe, and i hope it, helps somebody to find a greater purpose to MI.

Its been known to be useless for minions, the Mirror arrow build made it pretty good, but when it got nerfed, the Keystone fell back in its hole

I tried to find how to make it useful.. but no luck... until i tested my Dominating Blow build and realized the minions that got ignited prior to be dominated continu burning when under your control, it gave me the idea.

Its pretty simple and very effective

Use dominating blow to get minions (mucho importante)
Note:These items suck lol they only have the sockets i needed to test, the gems inside are the point of interest

Ignite the monster before it gets dominated

at that stage i use HOA linked with conc+inc aoe and increase burning damage

using
since its the best 1h damage i could get since you need 1h because you need a sheild (Maligaro)

to maximize the degen on my minions i use

which gives extra life and -50resist <--fucking this, along with Necromantic Aegis

the idea behind this is that when the monster is ignited, it continious burning after being dominated

it doenst take long for it to explode after being dominated

using maligaro also grants 2% life when they die, which heals me and the minions that havnt explode

Video→

**Important Note: This video shows a non-optimized build and Gear... actually its not even close to be a good build, was the only char with MI and NA. I shotted this in A1M Strand because it the char was not tanky atall.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Mar 16, 2015, 9:38:19 PM
Hum, I just realized this shield is pretty much made for Necro Aegis and MI.

Kudos if you're the first to notice that.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:

Not sure if srs.

Brilliant build idea though if it works well. Problem I see is that you need to do reasonable overkill with 1 hander and then you'd need to stack damage and minion damage/minion life.
"
Grughal wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:

Not sure if srs.

Brilliant build idea though if it works well. Problem I see is that you need to do reasonable overkill with 1 hander and then you'd need to stack damage and minion damage/minion life.

which is why i use

lol

i love this pair

it fits perfectly the situation
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Mar 16, 2015, 8:27:15 PM
I'm sorry, how does FB come into play? Are you talking about the crit multi?

What about Mon'tregul's Grasp + minion life + zombies? Does MI trigger when your zombies get replaced(die) from summoning over the limit?

nvm, I just found out it doesn't.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Last edited by Kaz2ndChance on Mar 16, 2015, 8:38:00 PM
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
I'm sorry, how does FB come into play? Are you talking about the crit multi?

What about Mon'tregul's Grasp + minion life + zombies? Does MI trigger when your zombies get replaced(die) from summoning over the limit?

With FB you can get high swing damage and thus a reasonable overkill to trigger HoAsh that actually does enough to damage.

"Oversummoning" doesn't trigger MI.

This build idea is brilliant.
what about soul taker? it would deal with the high mana cost of dominating blow.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Last edited by Kaz2ndChance on Mar 16, 2015, 8:41:12 PM
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
what about soul taker? it would deal with the high mana cost of dominating blow.

Sure but the swing damage sucks. Hence your HoA won't ignite the minions for shit and they won't die from the ignite.

EDIT : I'll definately try to pull this off in the upcoming 1-month.
Last edited by Grughal on Mar 16, 2015, 8:46:38 PM
"
Grughal wrote:
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:

Sure but the swing damage sucks. Hence your HoA won't ignite the minions for shit and they won't die from the ignite.

EDIT : I'll definately try to pull this off in the upcoming 1-month.
I actually want to investigate i bit more this mechanic

i know that the thing goes like this:

Kill monster -> overkill ignition on narby ennemies->kill/dominate those guys-> degen them to MI's explosion-> ???

??? means i dont know how MI works

id like to know if there is a way to affect this particular explosion with node or support gem. this would make it an even greater chain reaction
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
I actually want to investigate i bit more this mechanic

i know that the thing goes like this:

Kill monster -> overkill ignition on narby ennemies->kill/dominate those guys-> degen them to MI's explosion-> ???

??? means i dont know how MI works

id like to know if there is a way to affect this particular explosion with node or support gem. this would make it an even greater chain reaction

Obviously affected by minion damage and he MI explosion should be supported by every gem that supports those minions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info