[1.3] Mjölner, Righteous Fire, Tripple Curse (non Discharge)

Hi, I'm the creator of Mjölner and here is my very first build guide :)

It's Basically just a RF Build with Mjölner, but here are the details:

The basic idea is to curse your enemies with cyclone while dealing damage with righteous fire and mjölner proccs, and righteous fire also multiply the spell damage of your Mjölner proccs, so there is alot of synergy going on.

Gems

3L Mjölner:

3L Rise of the phoenix:

6L Chest:

4L +1 Item:

4L Whatever:

4L Whatever:

In the last 4L if you dont want cwdt setup you can use whatever you want :)

The reason I chose to use arc and spark is to get the shock status with quality arc and then I chose Spark for better single-target damage instead of using another Arc, and the +1 chain from Mjölner also affects spark, so the aoe-damage is not too bad (arc is better for aoe though).

And the reason I pick these 3 curses: Warlord's Mark for life leech and endurance charges, don't need to link life leech support gem in my Weapon, Elemental Weakness for increased damage of both the Mjölner Proccs and Righteous Fire, and Conductivity for damage with the proccs.

Required Items:

Mjölner for obvious reasons, Rise of the Phoenix for Righteous Fire, and 2 Additional Curses.

Current Gear

Old Gear

Rumi's + Topaz Flask is enough to deal with elemental reflect and most other potentially dangerous situations.

I'm Currently also designing another unique witch will be really nice for this build if everything goes as planned ;)

Bandit Rewards:
Normal: Help Oak, Life
Cruel: Help Kraityn, Attack Speed
Merciless: Kill All, Skillpoint

Current Skilltree @106 pts

Old Skill-Tree @102 pts

Old Planned Skill-Tree @110 pts

Outdated Video:
Level 70 Coves, Burning Ground, 28% Increased Monster Life (elemental reflect at 3:00 in Strongbox)

Previous Update: Some Screenshots

Herald of Thunder

Arc+RF+Heralds

Arc+RF

Spark+RF+Heralds

Spark+RF

The screenshots are outdated but here are some of the new numbers:
Arc Tooltip Spell Total Combined Damage: 474-6997
Spark Tooltip Spell Total Combined Damage: 347-3565
Cyclone Tooltip DPS 1433.4 (@ 1.6 APS)

DPS Math
Cyclone Math
cyclone hits 2 times per attack so the actual dps is doubled
1433.4 * 2 = 2866,8 DPS

Trigger Math
50% chance to trigger
since cyclone hits 2 times per attack but mjölner only trigger 50% of the time the triggers per second = 1.6

Spark hits 3 times per cast/trigger
spark average damage = 347 + 3565 / 2 = 1956
1956 * 3 = 5868 damage per trigger
1.6* 5868 = 9388
Shock 50%
Elemental Weakness 42%
Conductivity 38%
9388 * (1 + 0.5 + 0.42 + 0.38)
9388 * 2.3 = 21592.4 Spark Singletarget DPS

arc average damage = 474 + 6997 / 2 = 3735
1.6 * 3735 = 5976
Shock 50%
Elemental Weakness 42%
Conductivity 38%
5976 * (1 + 0.5 + 0.42 + 0.38)
5976 * 2.3 = 13744.8 Arc Singletarget DPS

Righteous Fire Math:
4033 Life / 2 = 2016
421 ES / 2 = 210
2016 + 210 = Enemies Burn for 2226 fire damage per second
58% increased burning damage
24 + 8 + 8 = 40% increased fire damage (from passives)
10 + 8 + 8 + 10 + 8 + 25 = 69% increased elemental damage (from boots and passives)
Shock 50%
Elemental Weakness 42%
2226 * (1 + 0.58 + 0.4 + 0.69) * (1 + 0.5 + 0.42)
2226 * 2.67 * 1.92 = 11411 fire damage per second

Total DPS (cyclone + spark + arc + rf burn)
2868.8 + 21592.4 + 13744.8 + 11411 = 49616.2 Singletarget DPS
unless I did something wrong :)

For future plans I eventually want to get Eldritch Battery, Elreon tries to PK me with his Disipline Totem.
Last edited by Mizzajl on Mar 26, 2015, 1:05:57 PM
Kudos for making an interesting new way to use Mjoln... and thanks for actually making the item.

Thoughts on the build in spoiler, idk... hate when I have negative things to say.
Spoiler
On the build itself... past the "cool new way to use it". Here's the reasons why I don't find it too appealing (sorry if I'm coming off as rude/hate whatnot)

It's not a budget build, being that it requires Mjoln.. so
Life is very low, so you're squishy to elemental dmg and esp. phys. Being that you don't run insane elemental resists, and have no armor, evasion, dodge ... and you're close range/melee
I see some block.. but, eh.

Dmg is... eh. Standard Arc x2 with LS or Molten ez outdoes it.

You don't take Vaal pact... I've seen reflect thingy. Either your dps is really bad, or there were enough mobs being hit, as pure LL from Warlods (ammy/belt) won't help much if you can't insta leech.

Clear speed is... ok only.

Again, pardon me for criticism... but. About constructive part.
See to disregard that block/spellblock a bit, not that good.
Ditch triple curse, go dual... and ditch tabula, get a good chest there.
Go dual arc.
Get life on gear, and try to see if you can go crit to go surgeon's flasks.

Perandus SIgnet, and mana regen? Hmm just do Herald of thunder curse setup (it's less efficient)... and do LS, molten... or even cyclone with LGOH and bloodmagic gem.

Might even try to get some Immortal call setup if you can't up the life.

Again thanks for the item, and creative build... Hope optimization goes nicely.

Also gratz on the first guide!

Have fun,
Goran H.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
GoranH wrote:
Kudos for making an interesting new way to use Mjoln... and thanks for actually making the item.

Thoughts on the build in spoiler, idk... hate when I have negative things to say.
Spoiler
On the build itself... past the "cool new way to use it". Here's the reasons why I don't find it too appealing (sorry if I'm coming off as rude/hate whatnot)

It's not a budget build, being that it requires Mjoln.. so
Life is very low, so you're squishy to elemental dmg and esp. phys. Being that you don't run insane elemental resists, and have no armor, evasion, dodge ... and you're close range/melee
I see some block.. but, eh.

Dmg is... eh. Standard Arc x2 with LS or Molten ez outdoes it.

You don't take Vaal pact... I've seen reflect thingy. Either your dps is really bad, or there were enough mobs being hit, as pure LL from Warlods (ammy/belt) won't help much if you can't insta leech.

Clear speed is... ok only.

Again, pardon me for criticism... but. About constructive part.
See to disregard that block/spellblock a bit, not that good.
Ditch triple curse, go dual... and ditch tabula, get a good chest there.
Go dual arc.
Get life on gear, and try to see if you can go crit to go surgeon's flasks.

Perandus SIgnet, and mana regen? Hmm just do Herald of thunder curse setup (it's less efficient)... and do LS, molten... or even cyclone with LGOH and bloodmagic gem.

Might even try to get some Immortal call setup if you can't up the life.

Again thanks for the item, and creative build... Hope optimization goes nicely.

Also gratz on the first guide!

Have fun,
Goran H.

Thanks, feedback is appreciated :)

yes life is low, I'm playing this on standard, but I would like to get more life eventually.
other defences are also pretty low, but so far its doable in standard with the flasks I'm using.

LS is good for aoe situations but meh in single-target and molten strike on the other hand is good for singletarget, but not as good for aoe, So I feel Cyclone is decent for both aoe and single-target situations, same with arc vs spark, 2x arc very good for aoe, spark good for single-target, so im happy using one of each, also cyclone works well with RF and curse on hit :)

Cant use Vaal Pact with RF+Life Regen.

That's how I feel anyway, but I appreciate your feedback :)
I like the fact that you did not follow FOTM build and tried to deviate. Here is my two cents:

- You might want to get Inner Force. It buffs RF and Heralds by quite a bit. I know it also burns you a bit more but there are ways to deal with that (vitality, higher fire res, etc.)
- Imho you can try to mess around with EE to further lower lightning res. You can make EE work by using a piece of jewelry that have cold or fire damage on it.
- If you use Vitality, you can respect out a lot of points from Diamon Skins or Armour Mastery and go for more life/spell damage/Str. Path of the Warrior nodes has 20 strength and the path to it is all life nodes.
- I think the idea of Penrandus Signet is cute but not effective. You will have much more life/str/attack speed/lightning damage with rare items. Even a rare gloves with str/life/as/res will be more benefical in the long run. The buffed HoT is niche too but I don't think it worth it.
- With this build, as is very important. Idk how can you make it work tho.
- I see no Ruby Flask. they are basicly life flask in RF builds. And they buff your fire res so if I were you I would try to stuff one in the setup
Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
"
F4F_Lucifer wrote:
I like the fact that you did not follow FOTM build and tried to deviate. Here is my two cents:

- You might want to get Inner Force. It buffs RF and Heralds by quite a bit. I know it also burns you a bit more but there are ways to deal with that (vitality, higher fire res, etc.)
- Imho you can try to mess around with EE to further lower lightning res. You can make EE work by using a piece of jewelry that have cold or fire damage on it.
- If you use Vitality, you can respect out a lot of points from Diamon Skins or Armour Mastery and go for more life/spell damage/Str. Path of the Warrior nodes has 20 strength and the path to it is all life nodes.
- I think the idea of Penrandus Signet is cute but not effective. You will have much more life/str/attack speed/lightning damage with rare items. Even a rare gloves with str/life/as/res will be more benefical in the long run. The buffed HoT is niche too but I don't think it worth it.
- With this build, as is very important. Idk how can you make it work tho.
- I see no Ruby Flask. they are basicly life flask in RF builds. And they buff your fire res so if I were you I would try to stuff one in the setup

- Inner Force sounds like a good idea, will try it when I get my astramentis :)
- Don't know if I Want to drop the heralds in order to set up EE :/ might try this eventually though.
- Vitality could work if I drop the Heralds.
- Right now im only using perandus for the Intelligence, but the extra xp is alright too, there are probably many other rings that are better.
- I like the idea of buffing HoT but im not sure how effective it is, AFAIK the quality bonus is global and I want GCP it to the max base.
- Good idea on the ruby flask, will look into it.

Thanks for the feedback :)
The Build has been updated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info