Relocation in PVP

I'm only gonna make 1 post about this(copy from event page), this is for GGG don't need any antagonizing player comments. Pls and TY.

Round 4 VSing __Christopher__ in todays swiss. Our match has stalemated (as the docks map usually does) so we are content to let the round end only about 14 secs left. I've been at the bottom for about 10 secs here V

He's up top just doing the usual back and forth.

Suddenly i'm taking arrows through the wall from above the next level up(at least thats what i see).
Next i see his character model in the area by the stairs. I'm moving south east because IDK how im being hit through the wall. Then i die. My opponents explains my character suddenly moved to here V

I was standing still waiting for the last few seconds to wrap up and go at it the net round instead I die doing nothing wrong and completely safe behind a wall.

Playing competitive events for prizes is very disappointing when this happens.

Is there nothing to be done? No return of OOS? At least then we can OOS every 5-10secs and have some assurance we wont die randomly.

Cheers.
Last edited by Lordsidro on Mar 1, 2015, 11:43:12 AM
Come on sidro, you know we can't have /oos since we will abuse it to desync our enemies by resyncing ourselves.

I think the best solution to one of PoE's most desync-y aspects is to remove the number one solution atm to desync, and then make all the arenas even more desync-y, and encourage gameplay where the movements forcefully tests the limits of server synchronization.

/s
ABUSING A DESYNC BUG!

/s
"
jcostello1 wrote:
ABUSING A DESYNC BUG!

/s

I have made multiple posts like this and generally seems like people scoff at it. OOS should be re implemented in a manner that is more suitable for pvp.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
"
jcostello1 wrote:
ABUSING A DESYNC BUG!

/s

I have made multiple posts like this and generally seems like people scoff at it. OOS should be re implemented in a manner that is more suitable for pvp.

It's a joke because we all get desynced, the only time that I feel desync can be used as a weapon is if you're bear trapping. Otherwise, I've never felt like someone was consciously and competently using desync to turn a duel in their favor.
"
jcostello1 wrote:

It's a joke because we all get desynced, the only time that I feel desync can be used as a weapon is if you're bear trapping. Otherwise, I've never felt like someone was consciously and competently using desync to turn a duel in their favor.

Not trying to rival you or something but here you are wrong. Trappers actually can (and do use) desync for their own advantage, im sure you have watched the "running around pillars/obstacles tactic while casualy throwing traps around" many spell and physical trappers use. Guess what, especially vs melee builds thats 90% guaranteed desync for melee people, and when you desync its obvious to them.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Mar 2, 2015, 7:41:30 AM
"
"
jcostello1 wrote:

Not trying to rival you or something but here you are wrong. Trappers actually can (and do use) desync for their own advantage, im sure you have watched the "running around pillars/obstacles tactic while casualy throwing traps around" many spell and physical trappers use. Guess what, especially vs melee builds thats 90% guaranteed desync for melee people, and when you desync its obvious to them.

Not a trapper myself but I understanf why they move the way they do. The entire playstyle of puncture trapping is to move in such a way that the enemy triggers your traps then moves into a position where they can force the enemy to take damage from moving, or allow themselves to be shot at from range. Basically good movements are key, and it generally applies to all builds.

Now saying you shouldn't wall hug, run around corners, use the badly optimized walls and corners, and others like that so the enemy won't desync is a bad excuse imo. If we remove all the factors that contribute to desync movement-wise, we would end up with a flat unobstructed arena where juking involves just running in circles, but even then desync will be caused by skills like whirling blades, bear trap, barrage, etc.

At this point, it's only at GGG's efforts that we can remove desync in PvP. They can start by making the arenas less blocky, maps like solaris and sewers can have straight edges where you can't get stuck mid-whirl in little curves, better optimization for skills like blink arrow where they might fail because of environmental blocks, and other arena fixes. Then we can work skill by skill like what they did with cyclone, a very well done PvE and PvP desync fix.
"
"
jcostello1 wrote:

I've played trap and I run around pillars and obstacles all the time, because it usually stops me from getting flicker striked or whirling bladed to an untimely death. I've never done it expecting my opponent to desync, but it's the only relief trappers have from being constantly attacked in melee range.
"
A222 wrote:
"
"
jcostello1 wrote:

Not a trapper myself but I understanf why they move the way they do. The entire playstyle of puncture trapping is to move in such a way that the enemy triggers your traps then moves into a position where they can force the enemy to take damage from moving, or allow themselves to be shot at from range. Basically good movements are key, and it generally applies to all builds.

Now saying you shouldn't wall hug, run around corners, use the badly optimized walls and corners, and others like that so the enemy won't desync is a bad excuse imo. If we remove all the factors that contribute to desync movement-wise, we would end up with a flat unobstructed arena where juking involves just running in circles, but even then desync will be caused by skills like whirling blades, bear trap, barrage, etc.

At this point, it's only at GGG's efforts that we can remove desync in PvP. They can start by making the arenas less blocky, maps like solaris and sewers can have straight edges where you can't get stuck mid-whirl in little curves, better optimization for skills like blink arrow where they might fail because of environmental blocks, and other arena fixes. Then we can work skill by skill like what they did with cyclone, a very well done PvE and PvP desync fix.

I absolutely agree with your level design idea. If its too expensive to reowrk synchronization in this game mine as well work around it and the best way I can think of is level design too. De-synch is a huge problem for build viability and expression of top level skill/play.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info