Too Much Phys DMG Mitigation Hurts PvP

In advance, I apologize if I'm being Captain Obvious here, but lets not all be delusional and disregard the fact that there is way too much of a damage buffer between Physical Damage Dealers and Magic Dmg Dealers.

-I understand there is a possibility of an oncoming nerf to CWDT//EC//IC combo, which is much needed, but is it enough to "balance" anything?

-Magic damage dealers fear no enemy, why should they? When Elemental Penetration shits on anyone's max 76 (passived) resistance to whatever element. It's hardly logical that even with 230 cold res, I'd get 2-3 shotted by an Ice Pulse. Elemental Penetration should take into account the excess resist, otherwise, why even list it?

-Arctic Armor mitigates Phys, ok cool, but in the current state of things, stack it with a EC//IC combo, my 36k tooltip cyclone is meaningless.

-Frostwall....really? make an impenetrable barrier on top of the above listed?

It's no surprise the top ranked pvper's are mostly running some form of elemental damage. I hope there is a change to emphasize the importance of Physical Damage.

I was #1 on season1 ladder on HLD for months til I didnt play and did end up third even though I didn't even play at that time. And I did use physical damage and it works, however;

1) I did ladder way faster on my caster

2) Moltenshell/tempestusers will fuck you

3) Most of you said are valid facts. Getting top as phys is hard, and requires more than people think"Leap, flicker and cyclone".
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Thank you for input, its nice to hear from someone who has merit on the subject. I also run Leap/Flicker/Cyclone and sometimes Groundslam. I get reckt by even Melee-Elemental builds; Oros, Moltenstrike,etc..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info