Blitz events are really uncompetitive, more round based events are needed.

Blitz seemed like a very good idea, but after playing so many of them you start to realize how poorly competitive they are.

The reasons why i think blitz is a very poorly competitive ornament of pvp is because it flavors a lot of things that does not reflect real pvp environment and gameplays that we get in pvp like swisses and round based pvp.

Blitz is itself very luck/rng based, if you get matched against someone that kites you all the time you're pretty much wasting time that you could have used to get another round and an actual build that you can kill faster. This happens a lot with trap builds, in most cases it's actually more rewarding to just let them kill you so you get another match faster. If you waste the complete timer against a trapper even if you win you woulda gained more points by letting him kill you and move on to the next match for faster kills and rounds.

Blitz is flavoring 1 shot mechanic builds, critical diamond flasks and taste of hate are commonly used in blitz, since the opponent has very little time to react or to adapt these type of builds can simply rush you and 1 shot you with their crit diamond flask. These builds are quite easy to manage in real pvp scenarios, you can kite them to make them waste their precious taste of hate/diamond charges and then engage for the kill, you can temporal chain them and make them waste their immunitys for less chances to get 1 shotted. This does not apply to blitz since you have to play so quickly it's pretty much a waste of points to try to use time to counter the mechanics. This reflects poor competitive gameplay and this is really not how pvp should be.

Often seen blitz 1 shot mechanic builds are crit daggers, molten strike, static strike and ive seen some other ones, there is also a very common kinetic blast 1 shot build.

Certain builds just have way too much advantage when it comes to blitz, you need time to kill the flavored rush blitz builds, wether it is by flask draining or kiting, all of those tactis really doesnt apply to blitz at all.

Take for exemple cyclone facebreaker builds, you need proper timing and kiting to survive those and it's very easy with only 1 round to spam your flask with a fb cyclone build and easily out dpsing your opponent. Everyone knows nothing can outdps cyclone facebreaker without proper pvp tactics being used, again you need to use flask draining tactic since they are using ms flask and instant recovery flasks most of the time. Every tactic does not apply to blitz events whatsoever.

In other words i still think cyclone needs to be nerfed again because the damage is still way too high and it really flavors blitz events in most cases, ms flasks, instant flasks. Any tactic used to try to counter the build is just a waste of precious timer points that you can use to fight another build and possibly win.

I really think blitz events are really unreflective of real pvp environnements and it's not how PvP should be looking like at all. It flavors way too many builds and clever tactics are let behind since they are pretty much useless in most cases when it comes to blitz.

Less blitz events for next season is the proper way to go, right now there is nothing but blitz events and it's getting quite boring and annoying to have to play in such uncompetitive ways that im personally starting to dislike blitz in everyway.

Less blitz, more type of events like swisses with multiple rounds where u can use clever tactics to adapt to other builds and have a chance to win.

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Feb 28, 2015, 7:35:10 PM
+1

Each week there should be one event block (usually 2 events, back to back) of 1v1 Blitz, 3v3 Blitz, 3v3 no-party Blitz, 3v3 CTF, *new event - 7 round 3v3 (or 2v2), and FFA. All other events should be Swiss.

Going off US schedule:

Week 1 (first full week) has 7 LLD event blocks - room for 1 Swiss event.
Week 2 has 9 LLD event blocks - room for 3 Swiss events.
Week 3 has 8 LLD event blocks - room for 2 Swiss events.
Week 4 has 9 LLD event blocks - room for 3 Swiss events.

This would be a balanced and interesting schedule.
Last edited by MichaelMills on Feb 28, 2015, 11:55:50 PM
I was thinking, what if they did 0 potion blitz? that would be interesting!
IGN: Beardedwizzard
Blitz and Swiss have their own meta each and if you do not adapt your build accordingly it is your own fault. I 100% agree with you that Blitz events do not represent "competetive" PvP. I suspect that the large amount of Blitz is due to the fact that it is more beginner friendly and a more casual environment. While having such events is good to get new people to try out PvP, some more tactical/round based events are definately needed.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
mrmagikboy wrote:
I was thinking, what if they did 0 potion blitz? that would be interesting!

No that would create its own even less diverse meta. If people aren't allowed flasks, then everyone will play Puncture, Cyclone, and...well those would probably be the biggest two. Like others said, we need to stray away from Blitz and diversify events.
Last edited by mimivirus on Mar 1, 2015, 9:05:11 AM
"
candoerfer wrote:
Blitz and Swiss have their own meta each and if you do not adapt your build accordingly it is your own fault. I 100% agree with you that Blitz events do not represent "competetive" PvP. I suspect that the large amount of Blitz is due to the fact that it is more beginner friendly and a more casual environment. While having such events is good to get new people to try out PvP, some more tactical/round based events are definately needed.

I agree with this, the builds that do well in a swiss environment won't necessarily do well in a blitz. This is a good thing.

That being said, way too much blitz this season.

With the use of Pre-leveled 28s with full respecs, going full dps as a 1 hander with a phys dmg shield instead of your perandus and life nodes should be a way to easily cooperate to the flavor of blitz. You become squishier, but deal higher damage so win or lose, your matches still go faster. Adapt, everyone!
Thanks captain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info