Formerly ST-CoC Currently Lightning strike CoC

*EDIT*
03-09-2015

Ok, I rekked myself and I am redoing this from scratch.

This was a Spectral Throw CoC and it still works, but I decided to convert to Lightning strikism.
This worked out great for me. Now I got "acceptable" resists and deal ok Single target dmg and AoE dmg.

Lightning Strike Highlight

Now when I have some more free time I might be able to come up with more stuff for this but still any help/opinions on this would be great!

Now more about this build in the making.
Items and gems

The idea is to have 8 projectiles and more lightning leech from the attack and ball lightning.
Does it work? This morning I survived faceplanting a Reflect mob.
But it was probably thanks to the Auras I ran at this time

I do not run vitality I just have it there because I didn´t get the colors I needed for adding a Discipline aura. 3B-1R rather than 2R-2B
Auras
I am only using the clarity aura in the boots and lvling the Haste until I get good resist gear.

Curse HoT

Passive skilltree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAAYDHgOHBLEFtQYjBx4IZw5ID6sRlhX2Fr8YPBmKGo8brR9BIuoj9iT9JpUo-ioLLagwfEGHSVFLV0xgTZJOKlFHUzVVS1b6W69d8mHiYnljQ2-ecFJw1XXLdwd3138rgseDCYcTidOMNo19jX6Nv4_6kzqT_JUulWabtZyko4qxkLVItkG3PrfWvSe-p8DjwzrKSs2Yz-nQ0NN-1orYvdtZ3Q3nVOjW6mLrju_j8NXxs_Pq9tr56PsJ_MX-Cv_e
Whispers of Doom, never forget!
Last edited by MrVintag33 on Mar 9, 2015, 9:01:29 AM
what problems are you having? is it just not proccing enough? or its proccing spells ok but they dont do enough deeps? Or mobs are ripping u apart anyway?
The thing with this character is that Reflect dmg would rip me to shreds even with 80% cold resist (and at this point i had 1%cold dmg leech and a sapphire bottle). But that is to be expected when i hit 10/10 mobs affected by the reflect aura.

So here is the thing. I will update my post here with my lvl 78 character. Which is a great improvement from this 68 character.
I main a CoC ST character.

Gear:
Spoiler
(dat white QS)

Passive:

Don't use both LMP and GMP, stick to just GMP else you gimp your damage too much. I'm aware I need to replace the daggers with something with spell deeps on it, but the Ungil's are working for me at the moment.

The Ball Lightning I swap for Conc Effect against single target as I'll be proccing EE with ST anyway.

I'm clearing 75 maps no problem, and this is with relatively low spell damage. (this was the case when I was using a Tabula too, only just got the 6L CJ!)

EDIT: Feel free to PM me in game (IGN: Yisae) and I'll talk you through what gear/passives I've picked and why!
Last edited by Patrae on Mar 4, 2015, 8:56:05 AM
Ok, I have updated my content here and I did remove LMP and I am now using Lightning strike+GMP instead. IT seems to work alright even with 19% lightning res. So when I get better lightning res I guess that I will progress faster since I have no fear for reflect at that point. But I wonder. What happens if I get that lightning coil unique to convert into chaos and such? Could that function even better?

Again I am not on my own computer and when I get back to my own computer I will fix this. (third time I say that isn't it?)

I will change the name of this whole shablang. Or just scuttle it entirely(I mean just remove most of my text here and then redo it on this thread.)

-TO DO-
Change name to Former ST, currently Lightning strike CoC
So I hope I manage to find that fella whom gave me his IGN, so I could observe his build. But for now, I feel that this build might make it out of its berth so I can get farming. Replies after this one is actual and the earlier replies did help me, insight stuff I guess and then find out what I am doing here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info