Crit ice spear witch... any advice appreciated

i have been trying for the past few weeks to increase the dps of ice spear to make it atziri viable.... but i have few problems with mana regen, life, cast speed and survivability against bosses... i am at lvl 86 now..
.. i have also noticed that the monsters don't freeze for long duration .. they are frozen for ~0.5 seconds at the most
I can do 76-77 maps with ease. i can clear any type of mobs with any mods except ele reflect . But i have problems killing the bosses without dying.. .even lvl 71 map bosses like merveil, brutus ,dominus etc

1.the ice spear dps is around 14 k dps(gmp -no quality) and around 20000(lmp- 20% quality.) with all the power charges up(6).. i still need to take two power charges ..
2. i am also thinking of removing the buff nodes along with mana regen node near scion and removing the adjacent 2-4 nodes and allotting it to the cold nodes on the witch side .. but do not know if the dps will increase or not... as i am using herald of ice and thunder...
i would also like advice as to where i should allot the next remaining nodes....... example..cast speed or cold dmg nodes or life or any other..i would also like to know if pierce nodes would be helpful with dps ...in a nut shell i am looking for an improvement in dps and survivability against bosses...

My Gear

Spoiler

current passive tree at lvl 86

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4EBwSzBUIHHgj0DH0OSBBYEH8RlhZvFr8aOB0UHwIfxyaVJy8o-ilPK3gsnC2LL282xUGWQsNEq0WdSVFMs1AwU1JVS1WuVcZXlF3yXyph4maeakNrF20ZcFJwu3DVcYV-WX_GghCCHoKbgseD24nTjDaOZI9Gj6aP-pBVlSCVLprgogCio6cIrrOvm7FCtvq4k7mTvOrAGsBUwGbB88MJxp7Q9dWm2CTZE9sL217fhN-K37Dhc-Nq6-Tr7uv17BjsOO0g8NXyHfMR96b56PrS
Last edited by yurei021 on Feb 26, 2015, 8:52:10 AM
No need to post the whole thing a second time ;)

But here we go, this is how I would make the tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVa5Eq4-mghDfsCyc0PVBlgVCrrNQMEyz215fKuvkBAdVxoPbvOprF5UgLR9qQ8BU2wuCHsHzuMo7fA_EoqN_xi9v2RNwu-wYwcW5k8MJ6_WP-vIdSVHw1XBSidNw1V3yDkgRlmND34RCw2HiVUuMNgL-H0EDHha_JpVTUkWdmuDr7riTzfp8gxEtKjipbrXyNZLYvf4Ktz5Bh_nogsco-saeEH8MfYCkVdZk5xcv-tIdFI9GpwjjahZvsULzEXGFwBpmnpBVGjiFfRZApldN4_6POuHyRbb696aOZA==

Also as said before, you do need ALOT more life on your gear + I added some more life on the tree & vaal pact (ele. reflect must hurt you alot, you can use a 4L EK setup against ele. reflect packs / mobs. EK - SE - FC - FP or a trap setup with CS - TRAP - CP - EP)

Hope this was any usefull to ya! :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
i have 3020 life now... would it be better if i cahnge the rings and boots with high res life and mana regen...and remove 2-3 life nodes from scion wheel to take cast spped nodes?? i would also like advice with weapons.. as the ice spear base cast speed is slow.. i feel like it takes forever compaed to freezing pulse.. ..and i was thinking of changing the weapons to dual doryanis scepter ..or any other wands.. and also with the gloves .. will it be better with void bringer conjurer gloves??? as it gives more mana and +1 lvl to gems..but the artic armour cant be sustained too long if i use the voidbringer...if not i will use maligaros..
i am also concerned with the fall in dps..with removing the cast speed nodes and ele dmg nodes..
"
yurei021 wrote:
i have 3020 life now... would it be better if i cahnge the rings and boots with high res life and mana regen...and remove 2-3 life nodes from scion wheel to take cast spped nodes?? i would also like advice with weapons.. as the ice spear base cast speed is slow.. i feel like it takes forever compaed to freezing pulse.. ..and i was thinking of changing the weapons to dual doryanis scepter ..or any other wands.. and also with the gloves .. will it be better with void bringer conjurer gloves??? as it gives more mana and +1 lvl to gems..but the artic armour cant be sustained too long if i use the voidbringer...if not i will use maligaros..

I'm currently playing a Freeze Pulser myself.

I can link you my gear to give you a generel idea how it could look like.

The idea of using 2x Doryani's Catalyst seams fine to me even tho they cost a bit if ur not swimming in money.

My current gear:

Spoiler
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

Also about the lost in DPS.

As said, better take more life than dmg cuz when ur dead ur not doing dmg at all.

The general idea of a succesful endgame caster is:
1. get enough survivability so you can deal your damage without dying
2. get enough mana regen or a high enough mana pool to be able to spam your main skill for a few seconds
3. pile up all the damage you can
4. learn to manage reflect -> leads back to 1.

Unless you already have a lot of experience with the type of build you are doing, this usually is an iterative process. 3k life is the bare minimum for endgame and 3500-4k is usually recommended, even for a pure damage oriented build.

Edit: also check out your duplicate thread, i wrote some more stuff there.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Last edited by vargorn on Feb 26, 2015, 9:36:59 AM
thx for the help..ill try this out...need to buy rings first...but vargorn... i use increased crit dmg i always have power charges but if the enemy gets too close which unfortunately happens all the time it doesnt crit that much...the crit chance is around 70% with the power charges...i dont know why they dont freeze at all....
"
yurei021 wrote:
...i dont know why they dont freeze at all....

I honestly have no idea; they should be frozen most of the time.

Even with Cold to Fire i freeze-lock any rare and most bosses. Since CtF converts 50% of my cold damage, it does the same amount of cold damage as when using GMP so your damage with LMP should be higher.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Last edited by vargorn on Feb 27, 2015, 5:49:52 AM
YES..BUT THE MONSTERS FREEZE ONLY WHEN I USE A ELEmental PROLIFERATION WITH ICE SPEAR

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info