Need help on fixing my witch tree

Hello everyone, can anybody give me an advice on how to change/manage my little witch? :D
Till now i mostly play with flameblast for long distance attacks and incinerate when monsters come closer. In particular i use to summon a flame totem from distance, monsters go for it and then i attack with flameblast the monsters that are close to the totem after i used flammability on them. (its mostly a ''run forest run'' gameplay which i would like to change it if possible)

since recently, i was planning to go for a CI based tree by removing the HP nodes and adding more ES, but as long as i dont have neither good gearing nor enough expirience on this game, i changed my mind on that.I think i should better look for a life based character.

i have 7 more passives to add on my tree, 16 refund from the tree and 5 orbs of regret. So my question is if can fix the character by using those wisely.

Recomendation to new players:
do not copy my tree! :D

is there any build on the forum that you would recomend me to look on it?

tree:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEESrj6ZVrt-K6QJtGRFQNbmnKyycEFiHZa-3MjQreB_HBUJBltD1HwIEB-vkXyrxbKyYSRs22OxVKo3YJDbFpwgVUJ2uEmlxeRccKPrr7riTsQW40IGv2joNfFfJ-eiCx-QiGmzVppo77TyCm-w4jHaePI9GHRSvjbcxwBpxhXrmY_1G19q5sULtIJZ0tob311xrhEjDbZrgU1JFnb2CVyv-syGwNPeXhS6Ug9tVxjpYTLM=

gear/gems:
Spoiler

thanx a lot!
I don't think your build is fixable in anyway.It's fine its own way to have fun but it's not a quality material.At this point you can't go any other way than fire so not much to change.Best you can do is lose the avatar of fire because the benefit is not as high as the things you lose you need to be able to deal with high fire resist/elemental resist mobs and maps.
The closest build you can get is the fireball build I'll link it here;
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/977866

Just follow his tips on how to fight and what things to use in this build he goes eldrich with damage out put but u can go es with high mana regen just try to get equal or same damage passives as him and check out his gems and items.
Other than that if you don't mind opening a new char or if you are a hc player so you are used to opening new chars :D treat it like you died and try a new char with this build;
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1183547

if you can manage till 35+ lvl after that point get atleast 2 4links and you should rekt everything with this build.I'm just doing this build and last night I was around 42 lvl and killed vaal oversoul instantly just had to wait for the scenes it was too fast to even see anything and rekt the piety where we meet her in crematorium she opens a portal at half health? she was instantly 0 health and just didnt die just because she can't die.and my gears at this level are worth around 5-7 chaos most in bloodlines so its not even that much.most of them does drop on the way and the reason they worth any money is because you need atleast 4links to start doing anything thats all.the gear itself is worthless yet does amazing damage.
If you want to try other builds except these 2 just add me in game or messsage me here.
ya the op tree would work better with fireball build or a twist to add herald of ice/thunder would help, but with the flameblast not so much.

rawrawr
http://poeurl.com/zfDT3Cg

If you want to stick with flameblast I'd recommend something like this. Should work fine with other fire skills too, although for some you'd want to drop the increased AOE nodes.

Changing your support gems will help a lot too. Drop the increased critical strikes and faster casting for elemental proliferation and chance to ignite.
Last edited by FunkyFritter on Feb 27, 2015, 3:43:09 AM
here i am again! i think that i now have a more clear view even if there are still many things i dont know how they do work.
i completely understand why the tree its ruined! Nevertheless i decided to fix what it can be fixed and keep playing as long as i can survive into the maps :D

i decided to keep with flameblast but as i can understand, also fireball it can be used

about the tree:
1] i diceded not to use the orbs or regret for the moment.
so for the tree change i have 16 refound points and 8 passives to add (the 8 passives its because i just raised 1 more level!)
2] FunkyFritter even if i cant fix the tree in the way you are suggesting, (i think its not possible even if i use the regret orbs) i tryied to stay close on your suggestions. i think you made more refound changes than what i can do.
so here is the tree i am planning to make:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEN-K6QJtGSycEFiHZa-3MjQreB_HHwIEB-vkXyrxbKyYSRs22OxVKo3YJDbFpwgVUJ2uEmlxeRccKPrr7riTsQW40IGv2joNfFfJ-eiCx-QiGmzVppo77TyCm-w4jHaePLcxwBpxhXrmY_1G19q5sULtIJZ0toaa4FNSRZ29glcr_rMhsDT3l4UulIPbVcY6WEyz73w8BZ_fwGYEs6IAJy-QVZeVUlOX9Aj0akPAVLzqaxeVINsLgh7B80GHtz7-Cti9

..please check this tree and correct me! :DD once things are changed you know there is no turning back!!!! :D

so, the gameplay im panning should be something like:
coldsnap or herald of ice/thunder (when needed), flammability and then fire attack from distance with flameblast or fireball.
life will not be that hight but if i undestand well having a lot of mana and mana regen i will able to use lots of buffs. the more important will be arctic armor, immortal call when damage taken, and purity of fire (for reflect damage).

do you think that this life based build will survive in a same or better way than the actual hybrid situation?

thank you all veeeery much :D
Your tree, both old and new is overly aggressive. You don't need that much offense. Your defense is garbage, especially since you are using Eldritch Battery.
You are getting Increased AoE but not the notable, that doesn't make sense.

Unfortunately, you will need to change your tree by quite a bit, just to survive.
Something like this, but that's still a major change to what your current setup is:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEN-KbRksnBBYh2UfAgQH6-RfKvFsrJhJGzbY7FUqjdgkNsWnCJ2uKPrr7riT-eiCx-QiGmzVppo77TyCm-w4wBpxhXrmY_1G19q5sULtIJrgU1JFnYPbVcY6WEyz73w8BZ_fwGYEs6IAJy-QVZeVUlOX9Aj0akPAVLzqaxeVINsLgh7B80GHtz7-Cti9Gjg9Xx_HK3gti_AfaPJboKdVfA5DyE8ElnR8S0SrVa6PpjWS8kU64U3j_o8kqjbpFm_jaqZX
Here, i made you an efficient flaeblast build:

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEN-KLJwQWIdlr7cyNB8CBAfr5F8q8WysmEkbNtjsVSqN2CQ2xacIna4SaXF5Fxzr7riT5CIabNWmmjvtPIKb7DjAGnGFeuZj_UbX2rmxQprgU1JFnSGwNPeXhS6Ug9tVxjpYBLOiAMBm8B-QVScvGjjbC4Ief8YHHhGWSVHw1ZUuXfIOSOWOnWOMNqSxJpVh4lVLFr826eNqFm8kqkGH-eiCxyj62L3-Crc-plc64fJFLR9Ms8HzlSA9X1JTl5WiozwF73yf3wLjSbIHpWjyfA6nVVugQ8g=

First of all run arctic armor for defense, tree has 145% mana regen paired with the unique atziris foible (can be bought for 3c) and maybe another 40 mana regeneration from ring you should be able to use a lvl 18+ aa. Secondly buy a tabula rasa (30c) because due to the fact that a big part of defense in poe comes from killing monsters before they hurt you and a 6l allows you to do that.

Links all are a must otherwise clearspeed and/or survivability will suck:

Flameblast (20% quality), proliferation, echo, faster casting, increased area of effect and concentrated effect.

Try to get life and dual resistances on all non unique gear.

All of the needed gear can be bought for maybe 40-50c, if you farm efficiently you can get 20c per hour from currency drops by just running 12-14 maps per hour. However you wont be strong enought to do so yet but you can still earn around 8c per hour. So this build is both cheap and effective, i highly recommend you to follow my short guide.

Auras:

Clarity, discipline and vitality

Edit:

Some changes regarding the tree
Last edited by vangrandson on Mar 4, 2015, 9:02:52 AM
reply to Starxsword
could you suggest me a solution by using only 16 refund points and 8 passives to add?(just 16 , i mean without using regret orbs) i mean without using regret orbs.
i think you made about 30 refund changings.
p.s. its offensive to the word garbage saying that my defence is garbage! :D
garbage feels sad!

vangrandson
same thing for your tree. i think you made more changes than what i can do

i guess i will have to choose one of those trees and use it as a plan-future tree that i should reach
Last edited by alessiox on Mar 4, 2015, 9:23:05 AM
"
p.s. its offensive to the word garbage saying that my defence is garbage! :D
garbage feels sad!

That is an emphasis on how bad your defenses are. Having 34% increased life is absolutely terrible. Looking at your tree, you probably should just create a new character.

"
could you suggest me a solution by using only 16 refund points and 8 passives to add?(just 16 , i mean without using regret orbs) i mean without using regret orbs.

I'll see what you can do with just 16 refund points from the old tree. The issue here is you took far far too many offensive nodes ignoring any kind of defense. it is going to get you killed.
Try something like this, it uses up 16 refund points:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEESrj6ZVrt-K6QJtGRFQNbmnKyycEFiHZa-3MjQreB_HBUJBltD1BAfr5F8q8WysmEkbNtjsVSqNpwidrij66-64kw18V8n56ILH5CIabNWmmjvtPIKb7DiMdp48j0YdFLcxwBpxhXrmY_1G19q5sULtIJZ0tob311xrhEjDbZrgU1JFnb2CVyv-s4PbVcY6WEyzGjiQVScvakPAVAj0vOqboa6zogDhcwSz8B_Yvf4Ktz5BhySqNunjahZvNZJo8sBm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info