old player returns

Hey all! I'm an old player of path of exile, been here since the cb, got tired of hack n slashes around 2 years ago so I stood away from poe for a while, now I want to come back. I always kept poe in my sights, checking the news and looking at build videos, or coming back for like a week, but not really understanding the meta or the news.

So I want to ask you guys; there are any new mechanics that I should know of?
And what are some good new player-from scratch builds? I remember that the summoner was always a safe bet, but I despise summoners. I wanted to do some high-attack speed, high crit, elemental build, but those require an high amount of currency. I like fast builds ( if you're familiar with titan quest; warfare + defense / warfare + hunter) and high dps. I'm currently playing on the 6 months standard league, torment(or something?).

So that's it; I wanted a tl;dr of the latest things, and suggestions on how to get back into the game/easily farm. I tried to read all the topics but it's a ton of info and I dont really have the patience, I wanna farm!

p.s.: Is rain of arrow still good? I lovd that skill. And there's an other skills that I wanted to try now, tornado shot. Looks fun!is it viable with a low-currency build?
Last edited by kadrek91 on Feb 24, 2015, 5:48:55 PM
Tornado Shot is definitely viable with low(ish) currency and outshines RoA in many regards. It can get expensive if you want to go full-retard-dps-mode, but 78 maps are very doable on a budget. Check out Neversink's build guide. Besides it being a very effective build this is one of the most detailed guides in here and i think a great start for a returning player:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989

Edit: Oh yeah, and welcome back mate. Hf and gl.
Last edited by horstkaracho on Feb 24, 2015, 7:13:28 PM
"
horstkaracho wrote:
Tornado Shot is definitely viable with low(ish) currency and outshines RoA in many regards. It can get expensive if you want to go full-retard-dps-mode, but 78 maps are very doable on a budget. Check out Neversink's build guide. Besides it being a very effective build this is one of the most detailed guides in here and i think a great start for a returning player:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989

Edit: Oh yeah, and welcome back mate. Hf and gl.

thank you, I'm gonna go and check it out :) and I've seen alot of new skills. What are those "heralds"?
"
They're self buffs that add damage to attacks and spells, and then do something interesting when you kill enemies.

I remember you.

hey charan! I see you bought even more packs! :P nice to see you

Add damage? Like, add lighting damage and stuff? so they technically replace the old "add X damage" support gems?
"
kadrek91 wrote:
"
They're self buffs that add damage to attacks and spells, and then do something interesting when you kill enemies.

I remember you.

hey charan! I see you bought even more packs! :P nice to see you

Add damage? Like, add lighting damage and stuff? so they technically replace the old "add X damage" support gems?

No, they reserve mana, they are more like an aura just for you, you can still use added damage gems along with it if you wish

EDIT: welcome back, hope you have fun with the game once again.

2ND EDIT:
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 25, 2015, 12:13:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info