Advice for Templar build.

Hello, I'm new to this game and a bit overwhelmed by all the options available. I enjoy sword and shield and like the Templar class. I just would like a safe build that I can play through the game with for the first time, and not reach the end of the game and find I can't progress/beat the game because of a wrong choice I made along the way. I've been searching and reading everything I can find, but the more I read, the more confusing it becomes, lol. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You should link your skilltree and your equipment first.
Templar is the easiest path to play elemental weapon like staff and maces.
Duelist and Ranger are better with swords, as they need a lot of Dex.
The problem with swords: all type of swords require dexterity. It's an attribute that does not synergize well with the other nodes on the skillboard around the templar starting point. If you wanna play Sword/Shield I'd recommend a duellist. For templars, two maces, 2 handed maces and staves or mace + shield works better. For templar builds that work late game you can take a look here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1065793
You don't have to copy these builds exactly, but if you see the patterns behind most of these builds you get some orientation for what works and what doesn't

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info