[Opinion] Comprehensive List of Needed Changes

If we actually want to see something different than what we saw in Season 1, then try the following changes.

Feel free to express your thoughts and offer new suggestions.

Skills

Molten Strike
Reduce damage by 25% (not 15%). It is still too strong.

Cyclone
Reduce damage by 25% (not 10%). It is still too strong.

Shield Charge
Reduce damage by 10% (not 30%). The huge damage nerf wasn't warranted.

Heavy Strike
Reduce damage by 10-15%. This was always king before Molten Strike and Cyclone showed up. It needs a preemptive nerf, otherwise we'll be returning to stunlock/desync city.

Double Strike
Increase damage by 15%. This is for the sake of some build diversity.

Whirling Blades
Prevent this skill from working when Bear Trapped. It really shouldn't allow you to keep moving right after hitting a Bear Trap.

Bear Trap
Force resync when trapped. Very good suggestion on the live forum.

Flicker Strike
Increase cooldown to 3-4 seconds. Too spammable and covers huge distance. This should help bow and caster from the constant Flicker spam.

Vengeance/Reckoning
Reduce damage by 50% (not 40%). It needs a small damage nerf.

Molten Shell
T overridden to 1 sec (not 1.2). It needs a small damage nerf.

Puncture
Restore to its full duration (not halved). The flask changes hurt bow a lot, the least you can do is make it last its full duration if people run out of bleed immunity flasks.

Storm Call/Flame Surge/Flameblast/Lightning Tendrils/Glacial Cascade
Buff.

Other

Clever Construction
Change from 2.5 sec to 3 sec. 2.5 is awkward and hard to gauge.

Unyielding/Belt of the Deceiver
Reduced damage from critical strikes needs to work differently or something. It's killing dagger completely because people can have a belt swap. Deceiver makes sword/shield never lose to dagger.
Last edited by mimivirus on Feb 9, 2015, 5:55:28 PM
I think that molten strike should only be nerfed if heavy strike is. Dual strike should also be nerfed to prevent 1 shots while other skills are taking longer to kill. Fp needs another 10% dmg nerf. Shell really needs like a 25% dmg nerf IMO. If you take movement away from wb while bear trapped there are a handful of weapon bases that are completely limited, while meta (sword) can leap slam away. No thanks.

All damage in general should get a 20% nerf before these nerfs IMO.

edit: deceiver should be removed lol, crit has already been nerfed so much. Sword is the only build that people cannot hard counter. How funny.
Last edited by bigfoot312 on Feb 9, 2015, 6:11:53 PM
Glacial cascade might not need a buff, there is a promising build in the works! Also is molten shield really that OP? I've tested with it and its not that OP. Are we just going to keep nerfing skills that compete with melee???Even though melee is already at the top???
IGN: Beardedwizzard
z
Last edited by Lordsidro on Feb 18, 2015, 12:58:45 AM
Why do you think self cast Fp needs a buff? And magik molten shell with proper gear/links can easily do 60% of a 1.5k melees life with overcapped res. It can one shot a 1k~ life player with less than 150 res consistently. This can of course be recasted after smoke mining or have an additional cws set for it. I've tested against melee on standard with a well built spark templar. I can beat top tier melee 5-4 without molten shell. With molten shell it's nearly a sweep. They can of course switch to ms + ptl (granted they have colors for the switch), which we're apparently asking to nerf more. If I were FP rather than spark the duels would be even more lopsided.

I still think the most important change is nerfing sword specific nodes on each corner of the tree much like dagger was nerfed in 1.3. There's just as much reason to nerf sword now than there was back dagger back then.

edit: Buff arc.. with max gear/gem links it still feels like a naked skill. Every other utility skill seems stronger than arc.
Last edited by bigfoot312 on Feb 9, 2015, 11:16:16 PM
"
bigfoot312 wrote:
Why do you think self cast Fp needs a buff? And magik molten shell with proper gear/links can easily do 60% of a 1.5k melees life with overcapped res. It can one shot a 1k~ life player with less than 150 res consistently. This can of course be recasted after smoke mining or have an additional cws set for it. I've tested against melee on standard with a well built spark templar. I can beat top tier melee 5-4 without molten shell. With molten shell it's nearly a sweep. They can of course switch to ms + ptl (granted they have colors for the switch), which we're apparently asking to nerf more. If I were FP rather than spark the duels would be even more lopsided.

I still think the most important change is nerfing sword specific nodes on each corner of the tree much like dagger was nerfed in 1.3. There's just as much reason to nerf sword now than there was back dagger back then.

edit: Buff arc.. with max gear/gem links it still feels like a naked skill. Every other utility skill seems stronger than arc.

Is sword broken pve? No it's not and they won't nerf tree due to what some people say in their PvPonly experience. Daggers werent nerfed because of PvP
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
this is a pvp dicussion thread, I don't care about pve. It's GGG's responsibility to figure out how to make both mesh. Regardless of how you look at it sword has complete and utter dominance in LLD. Whether it be the attk speed, the dps, the range of skills, the tree, or the weapon range itself, there's not one fault in swords.
"
bigfoot312 wrote:
this is a pvp dicussion thread, I don't care about pve. It's GGG's responsibility to figure out how to make both mesh. Regardless of how you look at it sword has complete and utter dominance in LLD. Whether it be the attk speed, the dps, the range of skills, the tree, or the weapon range itself, there's not one fault in swords.

It's a pve game, literally 1% PvP. You cannot change the tree based of some pvpers. All builds can't counter everyone and be immortal at the same time. Make a build that hardcounter swords but are weak to other
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Bear trap should not stop WB from working. Leap slam and lightning warp still work while bear trapped. Whirling blades is the only good movement skill for dagger users they can't use leap slam except on weapon swap and their lightning warp will be too slow because of a lack of cast speed.

IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Bear trap should not stop WB from working. Leap slam and lightning warp still work while bear trapped. Whirling blades is the only good movement skill for dagger users they can't use leap slam except on weapon swap and their lightning warp will be too slow because of a lack of cast speed.

Wont be much faster for a caster though either(LLD) due to wont have alot of castspeed, certainly not from tree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info