Elemental hit Totems. Critique my build please

First of all, I'm not 100% sure that the mechanics of this build will all work out, but I'm pretty sure they do, and want to make this build. I'm haven't fleshed out all the details, but I'm mainly looked for advice on if the general concept will work. This build is not meant for hardcore leagues due to lack of life in tree, though I'm sure you could find enough by dropping some crit multi and or wand dmg nodes and have plenty of life, but might still lack some other sort of mitigation.

My main attack will be dual elemental hit totems. I will equip a wand and a shield, and use arctic armour and eldritch battery. I will use Anger, Wrath, and Clarity auras.

My 6-links will be:

Ranged attack totem-Elemental hit-Elemental proliferation-Faster attacks-Chain-Weapon Elemental Damage
(Added Cold Dmg can be used in place of chain for bosses.)

A 4-link will be:

Frenzy-GMP-PCoC-Chain
(Replace chain/GMP with Cull for bosses)

My level 100 max skilltree would be this:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAi4z53U8EW6BDyGjyfA6nVRhdPO-iAPAfgpvtIOFzV-J35ZBVJy_sOHGFwBoaOEbXVynzEbFCKhNY5Waeo_JaK_rSVdZk5xcvgKTjahZvpwiPRh0UOVJ4L5uhWAe8N1Fs8wnbAvnIVcY6WKyY99dMswQHg9tQMIV9FkBZvPZbxSgtH2pDwFS86msXlSAI9LjKO3wPxKKjwfPbC4IeP3O-7slEx8qaYRSwznAJoGzn0f2nlLiTU1JFnZrg6-6xBbjQga_aOij6xp4Qfwx9gseMRiu2EMzGrrc-QYf56PiT2L3-Cv6zVyu9gm0ZXyrr5A==

I would take 2 skillpoints and the power charge for my bandit rewards.

So what do you guys think? Sound like a good build idea?
Last edited by Lucy1nTheSky on Feb 9, 2015, 1:36:53 PM
with ancestral bond, you cannot use that 4L because you wont do damage.

not sure if your build is viable. life seems really low, maybe you skip some totem/Ele nodes to gonto shadow area, to get more crit chance and life.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
125% life is too low for a standard league? My HC builds rarely get much above 150 and I'll be playing at a safe distance with totems. As for the 4-link dealing no dmg, I'm very aware of that, and it is only to generate charges. Just because it deals no dmg doesnt mean that it cant apply on-hit effects like gaining frenzy charges or power charges when it crits (for 0 dmg).
I have also thought about doing dual elemental hit totems. I have tested it out in low level with my Tabula Rasa changing the links. After watching stuff online it seems the consensus is that Elemental Hit costs wayy too much mana. Especially in a 6 link your mana costs are going to be through the roof.

I would obviously suggest using Piscator's Vigil and have Alpha's Howl. Even with all your mana in the tree and reduced mana reserved for Wrath and Anger, I don't think you will have enough mana to reliably cast 2 Elemental Hit totems. Especially true with AA eating your mana regen.

I have never tested with high level gems / high level char so this may be all crazy talk but just what I researched.

Hope it works out really want to see Dual EH totems
I need a signature to look legit
Pretty sure WED support gem won't work with totems. It's not a weapon attack.
UPD Ok some ppl says it will work (tho imo it shouldn't).
Anyway getting power charges by wand attack is meh. Ice spear or Arc is old reliable, and better put those points left into real +%crit chance nodes. Beside that, you'll miss with wand a LOT.
Last edited by Helokity on Feb 10, 2015, 8:39:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info