What to keep

I am looking for a up-to-date guide about the items I should keep (sell to other players, give other chars etc.)

I wasn't able to find a up-to-date guide on that topic.

Map: "Area is inhabited by Goatmen"
Templar: "Heavy breathing"
A good guide that is comprehensive on this topic is impossible IMO.

Hegemony has several tutorials on YouTube, which should be ok.
Okay. I'll get more specific.

What rare items should I keep / not vendor?
- min. item level?
- sockets?
- which stats should be on that rare item to make it "worth" it?

What's about magic items?
- min. item level?
- Only jewelry and 6s weapons/armor?

What's about normal items?
- min. item level?
- Only 6s (linked) weapons/armor?

Skill gems?
- Quality gems are good for vendoring until 10% all above that for other players?
- I've heard there is some good vendoring recipe for quality gems?

Pots?
- I've no idea whats worth/important on that :/
"
Noodlez wrote:
Okay. I'll get more specific.

What rare items should I keep / not vendor?
- min. item level?
- sockets?
- which stats should be on that rare item to make it "worth" it?

What's about magic items?
- min. item level?
- Only jewelry and 6s weapons/armor?

What's about normal items?
- min. item level?
- Only 6s (linked) weapons/armor?

Skill gems?
- Quality gems are good for vendoring until 10% all above that for other players?
- I've heard there is some good vendoring recipe for quality gems?

Pots?
- I've no idea whats worth/important on that :/

I usually keep ALL the belts,ALL the rings,ALL the amulets->ALL unidentified.Along with around 2 pieces of every other stuff ( chest/head/2h weapon/boots/gloves ) -2h weapon cause 95% of them are crap , but 1h decent weapon that could sell itself it can sometimes show up.Vendor recipe for the 2 chaos.When I have some items with 12-15%+ quality , I keep those separately and eventually use some scraps to 20q them for the 3 chaos recipe.

6sockets ALL go to vendor.Maybe if I get some godly 6S chest or bow that I could sell for a few exalts ..ok..but the rest ..naah.Jewellers are close to the alterations/chroms for accesibility.Only you need 150-160 to exchange for 1 EX , not 220 or 300.

Most people look for life/2 or 3 res , sometimes IIR , good base of es/arm/eva ..it depends on the item ..boots must have are 20-30 MS , gloves are good with AS on them ..and so on ..To be honest , whenever I find an item that looks good to me ( given the thought I'm noob at pricing pshysical stuff items ) , I check something similar on xyz ( poe dot trade ) and price it lesser that the cheapest there.

Magic items I pick are only red/blue/green ( for the chrome recipe ) , 6S ones ( again for jewellers recipe ) , and sometimes gold rings and ammy's and spend maybe 1 wisdom scrap and 1 augmentation on them.Maybe when I will have grandchildren will get a 60+ IIR or something that I could sell for something..item level of magic items is not relevant for me.Only need the chroms and jewels.

White items are for me pretty much on the same page with the magic items.Forgot to mention as this is available for the magic items as well as for rare , I try and pick up all the gavels,rock breakers or stone hammers ( but the best investment would be only white ones -only 4 scraps necesarry to make them 20q ) , make them 20q , and vendor them alongside a 66 or 67 map.Vendor will give you 1 chisel back.Maybe it seems to much work to do , but it really isn't.I keep 66 and 67 maps in my stash especially for this ..so I always have some around.=> 66,67 maps are rarely selling ..and to bad 2 play ..you can buy like ..10-12 maps for 2 chaos.If you vendor the 66/67 maps you find along the gavel/rock breakers ..you get 12 chisels for 12 maps -> ~6 chaos.If you're playing a few hours and watch for the gavels , you can easily get extra 5-10 chaos per day

I only pick up gems like cwdt , portal , crit dmg , crit chance , iir , mana leech , life leech ..and some more , but never try to sell them.(because I'm pretty lazy in general ).The 12 or less q I keep for gcp recipe , and maybe 12-16 shitty ones that no one uses.And the 18q+ gems ...well ...those are very rare ..

Flasks , I never pick up.Have the ones I use , and that's it.I pick up only the unique ones to sell.

You probably have this initiative for the newer players , as I saw that your account dates from 2k11 and prolly don;t need this kind of info.Regardless , I have stated my `strategy` on this side for maybe new'ish players who check this thread ..

P.S. I've just re-started playing PoE ..I have a month or so of playing ..used the above mentioned strategy , and just bought a 6L chest ( for 16 ex - very good price for a 670 ES ) and a few more things ..much cheaper.Now I'll save up for two Void Batteries , but I have a long road ahead.It'll take me a few months maybe ..unless a Shavy , Soul Taker or Mjolner drops ..praise JESUS for dat'

CHeers
Last edited by nbr on Feb 4, 2015, 10:42:45 AM
Thanks, that helped.
My Account is that old because I got a closed beta key back in 2011 and haven't played much (~lvl40 or so) but then stopped a loooong time until now :D
Last edited by Noodlez on Feb 4, 2015, 12:13:26 PM
Great Tips there. I think these links may help you as well.

Poemods: This page shows you what prefixes and suffixes an item can have and the rolls available to them
http://www.poemods.com/

Great Tool that uses your browser and the website poe.trade to show you what tier rolls an item has.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1164052
Standard: Level 78 GS/HS Marauder
≈<°^°>≈ Flying Spaghetti Monster for Act4
here,
here, and some general info here.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 5, 2015, 5:53:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info