How to kill an evangelist?

Hello everyone,
as the title say my question is:

How to kill an Evangelist in Cruel difficulty with Soul Eater, Life regen, Frenzy as Damaged, Fast Attacks?

It hit harder than Dominus, is my build totally wrong or I'm just unlucky?

Thank you!
"
Sherlean wrote:
Hello everyone,
as the title say my question is:

How to kill an Evangelist in Cruel difficulty with Soul Eater, Life regen, Frenzy as Damaged, Fast Attacks?

It hit harder than Dominus, is my build totally wrong or I'm just unlucky?

Thank you!

Damage on the evangelist outside of her bubble will not hurt her. Stand inside the bubble to do damage.
>>> facetank em inside their bubble

or wait for the bubble to go away

I prefer the first

edit:

if he has all those mods and you cant seem to win, just run away...
No shame in that
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Last edited by Earthslug on Feb 3, 2015, 12:25:57 PM
I tried to stay in the bubble like the other evangelist but I got killed so fast that I didn't had time to react, I ran and killed Dominus, was way easier :S

Thank you all!
Sometimes the game will throw some hard shit at you. I've gotten a couple of elreon missions where i'll be defending the relic and all the sudden 20 of those fire trapper guys from act 3 will spawn and burst either me or the relic down in seconds.
If you think evangelists are hard, wait till you come up against a rare devourer with proximity shield in a 90% extra damage as fire map. At least evangelists bubble is not permanent.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Feb 3, 2015, 2:17:07 PM
Couple of hints:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Undying_Evangelist

Evangelists do physical damage with their attacks, so get some armor / granite flask to survive being close to them.

For normal white ones, if you don't want to get close to them traps and totems can work too (throw the trap into the bubble and the attack comes from inside, so it'll hurt them). This might not work as well with rares as it's harder to get the trap damage that can one shot rares.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Soul_Eater#Nemesis_Affixes

Soul Eater powers up the other affixes on the monster when allies around it die. This is probably the issue you had. If you see a soul eater (watch for the red lines going from dying enemies to the rare), you want try to pull it away from it's friends first.

If you killed a bunch of other enemies around it, then it's Life Regen got boosted and you might not be able to do enough damage to overcome it or the Faster attacks affix got boosted and it did too much damage too quickly.

Good Luck!
I wish more monsters were as challenging as these bastards. They dish out surprising amounts of damage and have quite a bit oh hp too.
"
durinstorm wrote:
Couple of hints:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Undying_Evangelist

Evangelists do physical damage with their attacks, so get some armor / granite flask to survive being close to them.

For normal white ones, if you don't want to get close to them traps and totems can work too (throw the trap into the bubble and the attack comes from inside, so it'll hurt them). This might not work as well with rares as it's harder to get the trap damage that can one shot rares.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Soul_Eater#Nemesis_Affixes

Soul Eater powers up the other affixes on the monster when allies around it die. This is probably the issue you had. If you see a soul eater (watch for the red lines going from dying enemies to the rare), you want try to pull it away from it's friends first.

If you killed a bunch of other enemies around it, then it's Life Regen got boosted and you might not be able to do enough damage to overcome it or the Faster attacks affix got boosted and it did too much damage too quickly.

Good Luck!

Thank you for the link, and yes, that is exactly what happend, he moved in the fight fast when I was Arc+Culling a bunch of his relatives and he went bananas spamkilling all my minions (8 zombies, 11 skeletrons, 1 spell totem, 40 skellies from vaal summon skellitrons, 1 spectre, 1 animated guardian) while having enfleeble applied on him :S
Soul Eater is one of the best enemy mods in the game, for sure.

It forces you to actually notice the enemy and target it with a non-aoe skill before things get out of hand.

I wish more of the enemy mods were as awesome. :)

---

As for what to do when you're facing a gigantic, immortal Soul Eater that you accidentally fed? The correct answer is almost always to just move past it if you can without dying -- you blew your chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info