Vaal Pact Synergy Question

My Items Above.

My Passive Tree so far: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAx4EBwVCBiMI9A5ID6sRlha_H0EqCyo4Kk0snC0fPydBlkSrSshMs1FMUzVVrlXGXfJqQ2sXbqpwUnDVfVt_xoIQg9uJ04-mlSCbtaKjqW6sR66ztUi18rzqwFTB88M6ykrQ9d-w8-o=

I'm not sure why Vaal Pact is not giving me any life leech, whereas I had some before. 9% from the Carnage Heart, yet now that I have taken this Keystone, I get no life leech with my CoC (Shatter Chuck lite) build that uses Barrage coupled with spells.

Please help?

Edit: Resolved. Thanks to those who took the time to help me!
Last edited by KohnMaster on Feb 3, 2015, 12:52:01 AM
on the reddit post you claim to have a 9% leech gem linked to barrage but i don't see it here. if you're talking about your spells not proccing leech then maybe that's the problem??
Yea I messed up, going to re-edit that out now. I will have that gem later on, but for now I don't. Does Vaal not proc with spells?
no; all life leech is from their stated sources. it's almost always physical attack damage, and the abysmal damage from barrage (the only physical attack you have) gets even smaller from the 40% vaal pact penalty so maybe it basically feels like you're leeching nothing
Last edited by Juicebox360 on Feb 3, 2015, 12:46:03 AM
Ahh that would make complete sense. Alright thank you so much for the help!
to be precise; vaal pact doesn't explicitly give spell life leech, but if you have something like "1% of cold damage leeched as life" on gear then all sources of cold damage, spell or attack, will leech. however life leech is generally physical, and attack based, so you need to link a life leech gem to your spells if you want to leech with them
you should link Life leech gem into your skill that offensive .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info