Mathil's Crit Phys Spectral Throw (Vertical Bananas?) 1.3 Uber Viable

"
Justifi3d wrote:
how come you run blood magic, just curious, is mana an issue? i though crit phys builds can easily sustain on mana as long as you have enough to shoot at least twice

I was on mana all the way through leveling up until about 85 or whenever I 6 linked my chest. Once I get a 6 link with such good/fast attack speeds the mana just isn't sustainable when you need it to be. For example Atziri/vaal fights on the Atziri zone. It is far far more beneficial to be blood magic, sub added fire for WED, run 1 extra herald and be able to spam your ST before Vaals, Atziri or Split Atziris spawn, giving you very valuable dps uptime.

In the end it's a personal preference and you can run off mana as long as you drop Herald of Ice.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
that's an interesting take on the crit st build, i guess having high aps and crit actually makes the build more similar to wanders where even phys builds end up being at least hybrid if not more elemental damage builds

i have to agree though, after some testing and thinking being able to shoot ST in blank space and then reposition yourself can net you even better clear and survivability since you take 2 proj speed nodes and it can cover large part of screen

combine it with whirling blades and you don't even have to hit anything on the initial throw, just reposition yourself and avoid damage while the return projectiles do the job

it's a good way to avoid a lot of annoying mobs since you're wearing an abyssus, like evangelists where you can't really afford to stick along and shot in one place for more than half a second
IGN JustifiedF
Hi. Im just starting out with the build and was wondering what the best progression would be on the passive tree. Thx for the post!

"
Gibbonsj01 wrote:
Hi. Im just starting out with the build and was wondering what the best progression would be on the passive tree. Thx for the post!

Updated with some leveling progression for you.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
What gem u are using vs Boss Fight?

leave LMP for?

i can multi mod flat phys, ipd and attack speed right ?
do you need the 6l to be daressos or would a rare do just fine?
Im playing very similar build with 6l belly and its ok. But i guess best chest for this is Lightning coil cause of wearing Abyssus.
is a rare 6l duable as well tho? evasion based with res and life that is
Last edited by neckro666 on Jan 28, 2015, 12:31:18 PM
I was wondering, wouldn't swapping Physical Projectile Attack Damage for Increased Critical Damage be the best option for DPS or would it be too scarry to reflect? It would leave you the option to swap LMP/GMP for PPAD against bosses instead of Added cold damge.

Also, can you easily sustain your power charges or it doesn't realy matter?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info