[1.3] Crit Static Striker

Have been playing with static strike for a while and started with trying hybrid out but after seeing PowerLennys take on using dual atziri sceptres i decided to try that out as well and it works wonders. Combined with leap slam prolif the build can clear extremely quickly and has no problem doing apex or 78 maps. The build is focused on torment as that is what I play.

Pros
High single target and Aoe dps
Semi-decent survivability with 40% attack dodge and 45% spell dodge
Fun to play

Cons
Can get expensive fast
Weak to high phy damage spikes because of abyssus

Gear
Weapons:Doryani catalyst x2 bread and butter of the build and I would advise not to start the build before having 2
Helm:Abyssus is just too good not to use
Gloves:Maligaro or rare if you need the resists
Boots:Rare until you can afford to lose the resists then swap to atziri steps
Chest:I used a 5l belly of the beast for a while and that worked well until you can afford to get either a 6l belly or like me a 6l carcass but the colours can be difficult to get on it
Jewellery:Try to cap resists and aim for accuracy, crit chance and life. Also on one piece make sure you get 1-2% mana leech to sustain attacks
MyGear

As you can see my gear is very good with the 6l carcass but other than that nothing is that special and with a 5l the build cost is around 10ex tops with good gear in every slot

Gems
4l:Static strike, inc phy, multistrike, WED
5l:Add faster attacks
6l:Add inc crit chance or crit multi, or if you are not using carcass you can try using inc aoe

Stats
No charges
5 Power Charges

Defences

Levelling
Levelling is easy just use whatever skill you want until you can equip the sceptres, I lvled with static strike all the way with levelling uniques and had no problem

Bandits
Kill,Help kraityn, help Alira

My IGN name is Crixxen if anyone has any questions they would like to ask or post here. Im pretty new to theory crafting builds but I hope this is useful for someone
Last edited by ThePuppet on Jan 29, 2015, 3:24:09 PM
The templar start is pretty inefficient for such a build. The new ele damage nodes are a noob-trap. Physical dps nodes are far more efficient because they scale both physical and ele damage, since all of our elemental dps is based off physical. Even if you decide to go full elemental with phys to lightning, phys nodes are better due to having higher values. However, your tree is still quite good compared to some I've seen, in which the entire shadow/ranger/duelist areas are neglected, thus losing out on huge amounts of crit and crit multi.

Compare the following tree with yours:

Major stats of your build:
-Life: 143%
-Phys damage: 116%
-Ele damage: 129%
-Attack speed: 26%
-Crit: 465%
-Crit Multi: 100%

Major stats of my build:
-Life: 149%
-Phys damage: 314%
-Ele damage: 55%
-Attack speed: 45%
-Crit: 505%
-Crit Multi: 100%

So basically, you have a lot of ele damage, but it isn't enough to make up the loss of phys damage and attack speed.

As a simple comparison, I have 163k tooltip with crit damage as 6th link, no charges, only auras. That's on a lvl 7 static strike gem. My dps fully buffed with charges, vaal haste and flask is 282k, and with levels and quality on the gems, it should be 300k. Using phys to lightning gem allows me to get 360k dps fully buffed, 252k with charges.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
holy sh*t u got 4 red on carcass i cant count how many chroms i used still dont have 4 red :(.. im using lightning coil and it adds some dmg :) but i want aoe! :) nc build btw
IGN:_T_H_A_N_A_T_O_S_
I haven't played templar before so wanted to stick with that when making this character but can see how duelists starting nodes are more efficient. I haven't played with skull cracking before so was hesitant to pick it up because of group play. I figured ele damage would help with the hoa burn, the mana cost for SS is pretty low but with a 6l without many mana nodes how do you handle the cost?

Also it took around 700 Chroms to get the 4 off i needed, got RRRRBB in like 50 which was very frustrating haha
Mana leech on gear is more than enough. That being said, I do not use static strike. I prefer to use cyclone, which is better for both clear speed and single target :P
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info