[2.0] 200k+ DPS, 7k hp, on a 1ex budget: The Summoner

"
Xirgu wrote:
I have been following this build ( good build btw! :) )with a few minor variations up to lvl 70. it is really good.
I have a little question though , I added a Mon'Tregul's Grasp (you can get those for 4C in torment) , and managed to get 10/2=5 enhanced zombies.
I get the idea the large zombies never die but arent as fast in killing things.. 10 zombies should kill around as fast as 5 zombies with +92% damage, actually the 5 should be a little more efficient but this doesnt seem to be the case, any ideas why?
Mon'Tregul's Grasp doesn't double the damage. It would if it did "more" damage but it does "increased" damage. So the damage stat just ends up getting added to your minion nodes.

Also on higher level maps Mon'Tregul's Grasp zombies just aren't worth it. Stuff that kills zombies kill them in 1 hit regardless if they are from Mon'Tregul's Gras. Typically this is bosses and exiles. But it's way better if they have to hit 10 rather than 5.
Is this Hardcore viable?
"
swordfish8 wrote:
Is this Hardcore viable?
I never really played much H.C. in POE. I have major dysync issues even with a dysync macro.

But I did religiously play HC in D2 and D3. So take what I say with that grain of salt.

Absolutely it is, provided a few things happen. More hp at the cost of giving up some possibly minion health and aura support. Totem walk always.

The nice thing about this build is it's very easy to bail if things are too hard. I'm running 74-77 maps with not the safest mods. I haven't died once between 82-84 i'm fairly sure. It's so easy to jump in a portal and GTFO because minions hold stuff off.

If you do play it HC please report back so I can include your feedback in the OP about how it stands up.
Last edited by Crowcide on Feb 24, 2015, 8:12:59 PM
Ok, thanks for your response.
I saw a guy do Atziri with an SRS build. It looks ridiculous. He spammed a tonne of these green skulls that nuked the trio in seconds while he stood back and took no damage. Nice guide.
Hey Crowcide thanks for the guide.
I have just come back to POE after at least a year break. When i last played i used a summoner and they were really strong. In fact i was soloing most maps even with 59/400 IIQ/R
I have a few questions if you could oblige?

1) How are summoners for leveling? (when i last played they sucked till end game and were very hard to level)

2) When i last played you used to have to snap shot zombies by changing gear to make a few super zombies and a few lesser zombies, do you still have to do this?

3)What have been the big changes in the last year with summoners. I note you use summon raging spirits, thats a new gem to me. Are they good endgame/leveling?

4) With decent gear are you able to solo higher end game maps with IIQ/R gear?

Thanks in advance.

Danny
IGN: Brookzyranger
"
Brookzy wrote:
Hey Crowcide thanks for the guide.
I have just come back to POE after at least a year break. When i last played i used a summoner and they were really strong. In fact i was soloing most maps even with 59/400 IIQ/R
I have a few questions if you could oblige?

1) How are summoners for leveling? (when i last played they sucked till end game and were very hard to level)

2) When i last played you used to have to snap shot zombies by changing gear to make a few super zombies and a few lesser zombies, do you still have to do this?

3)What have been the big changes in the last year with summoners. I note you use summon raging spirits, thats a new gem to me. Are they good endgame/leveling?

4) With decent gear are you able to solo higher end game maps with IIQ/R gear?

Thanks in advance.

Danny

1) Great, SRS makes it easy. Once zombies can live nothing ever threatens you.
2) Can't snap shot anymore, but they buffed them in return.
3) They are amazing, they do massive massive damage.
4) Absolutely you can. A guy did uber Aztiri with just SRS with 1 hp 0es.
Last edited by Crowcide on Feb 25, 2015, 6:45:25 PM
op updated
heya just wanted to ask ... why no specters?? Im new to summoning ( loving the build sofar ) but I just see em in so many builds and a lot of people say they are quite useful so iwas wondering the thinking behind It

thank you for the build and taking the time 8)
"
heya just wanted to ask ... why no specters?? Im new to summoning ( loving the build sofar ) but I just see em in so many builds and a lot of people say they are quite useful so iwas wondering the thinking behind It

thank you for the build and taking the time 8)
There just isn't the gem slot for it. If i got another unset ring i'd probably use it.

But having specters and not having specters you almost can't tell the difference because there is no way to fit in links to the spectre.

Also I don't think a lot of those builds are targeted towards end game stuff. Spectre's are super useful in lvl 68 maps, not as great in 78 maps.
Last edited by Crowcide on Feb 28, 2015, 9:53:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info