[2.0] 200k+ DPS, 7k hp, on a 1ex budget: The Summoner

Hey all,

I have a level 74 witch (rejoined after a year break recently) and followed this build. I am doing ok on level 66-68 maps and piety runs, but was wondering if someone can give me advice on getting more magic find with this build.
"
Cmin wrote:
Hey all,

I have a level 74 witch (rejoined after a year break recently) and followed this build. I am doing ok on level 66-68 maps and piety runs, but was wondering if someone can give me advice on getting more magic find with this build.

You can probably get some on your rings and belt mostly, or maybe if you're not in the lower side of the economy buy that flask that increases IIR/IIQ
I am trying to make a beta version of this summoner build. Due to the changes to eldritch battery is this skill still worth taking? and by proxy the associated skills in that area...i.e aura mana reduction node and adjacent life node.

Please advise.
Necrosjef. Steam.

Discord.
https://discord.gg/tMCTAv7
Here is my version of the build as i level up. Just finished Normal.

Level: 38
Life: 922
Mana: 484
ES: 216
Int/Str/Dex: 162/66/61

I have 7 zombies up, 11 skellies, and 8 SRS at one time.

Dominus was a breeze. as normal should be...

I dont see how you can run both hatred and Clarity at this level. I have a 4/20 reduce mana gem and that leaves me at only 52 mana not reserved. I have stopped leveling clarity at lvl 7.
so i have been running clarity/HoI.

I have taken a few mana nodes for now but will refund as needed.

gear

Defense (Cruel a1n)

I have been using freezing pulse as i move along. i have not been cursing much yet. will start to work those in as i move up to the next level of gear.

pretty much all my gear is ready for upgrading. will be looking for items with extra high life.
hey, thank you for this build. I stopped playing this game more than a year ago, instead of restarting a character from nothing i used my free respec on my templar summoner ( zombie/spectres/skele) to try yours. This build is fun to use and soooooooo effective, the clear speed compared to my old summoner is much much better.

My build Atm (lvl 82) : http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBA-4EswZJCPQNjRCXES0TbBZvFy8c3B0UHb4fxyL0JKoksCj6KpgsnC2LL28y0TOHNZI26TdHOlg8LUGHQqNEBEVHSOdVxlXWWW1akV8qX5hk52pDaqxrrGvbbAttGW6qcLt0VXyDfRh-WX_GgKSCHoLHhWCIQIhCj0aQM5itm6GiAKaspwiofarErJi18rc-uJO_l8BUwGbBxcauyT3MvM36zzLT-9i92QvZE9rd2wvjauvu7BjsivIe99f53fno-oD60v4K

my gear
Spoiler

I have 3k HP, overcapped res, -3%chaos. I can run clarity 18 + haste 17 + hatred 18 all together, leaving me with 220 mana left, enough to cast everything. Mana regen is enough to cover spam SRS. With Vaal haste up i can have up to 21 SRS ( it never happens cause i have to cast ball lightning + flesh offering + reposition myself. Usualy between 8 and 15 SRS up ). Vaal haste + flesh offer + ball lightning ( curse + EE ) Buff minions dmg so high, i often kill a map boss without realizing it ( doing 69 map atm ). Can't wait to get a +3staff and overal better gear, especially IIQ/IIR.

Hp is low but it's not a problem if i'm carefull, zombie + skele tank for me. I can cast SRS off-screen, i use 2 instant heal life flask + 2 granites. Totem walking for any leap mob ( goatmen ie).

Btw no need to get picky about map mods with this build, besides no regen. Half regen/temporal chains is annoying but doable, just slower.

Anyway;so far so good. Great build for newbie or player who wants to play again PoE.

PS : forgive english, not a native speaker etcetcetc.
"
Tallion99 wrote:
Here is my version of the build as i level up. Just finished Normal.

gear

Defense (Cruel a1n)

I have been using freezing pulse as i move along. i have not been cursing much yet. will start to work those in as i move up to the next level of gear.

Into Cruel Act 2 now with some good upgrades: using my Aurseize gloves for rarity; added the lioneye's paws boots for the str and movement (reduced mana needs str); swapped out my rings to get more mana; goldrim hat has 36% for each resist so that will be ther for awhile; got alot better sidhebreath amulet (30% mana regen); added the wurm's belt for the intel...
gear

Got my clarity running for me and hatred for the minions now and starting to work in flesh offering which is awesome! cursing warlords mark for now (with freezing pulse) but will switch to an existing higher level Ele weakness later.
resists are not max but who cares at this level 44...

defense

So far i have spent 37 chaos... 32 for quality gems... i consider that to be a huge bonus/savings for any build... guideline of 20 chaos for a 20% quality gem... it makes a difference...

a little slow (coming off a 91 tornado shot build with 50% speed) but an enjoyable build. got to keep those skellies going... did an armormaster and the totem boss smoked my zombies which has been the toughest test so far... zombies go down, most likely you do too!
I see in the build guide that the OP mentions be able ramping up SRS to 19, I'm guessing that's including Vaal haste being cast? Because I am currently 60 and my ramp up us capped at around 9.

"
Curtsie wrote:
I see in the build guide that the OP mentions be able ramping up SRS to 19, I'm guessing that's including Vaal haste being cast? Because I am currently 60 and my ramp up us capped at around 9.

With the 2 sets of duration nodes, and both hastes that amount can be reached or exceeded if needed. I've seen more than 19 with the aformentioned nodes , skills plus flesh offering.
"
Curtsie wrote:

You need the duration nodes and VH to get a lot of SRS
Last edited by Crowcide on May 23, 2015, 11:51:14 AM
How do you handle Vorici's quests? I was supposed to kill the guards, but my summons laid waste :( And from what I hear that's not even one of the hard missions.

EDIT: Also, did the price of a +2/+1 staff go way up recently? I thought I saw them for 2-4 Ex when I started the build, but the cheapest on poe.trade is 8ex o_O. Does that sound right?
Last edited by Darth_Ithead on May 28, 2015, 12:36:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info