Why do some swords look so big? Anime influence?

I was looking at the weapon effects, and in particular the Seraph Sword, the Crypt Sword, and the Runic Blade, and noticed how huge they look despite being one-handed swords. What I liked of this game was the realistic feeling of the characters, and now you are turning it into some kind of anime <_<
I bet this is what we are going to see next:

We wont add anything that size since it wouldn't work with the animations we have.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Haha, I don't think we'd go as full ham as that.

The larger weapons were mainly for our eastern market, and brought back to our general market.
We've had good and bad feedback from these sort of cosmetics, most of the flaming comes via the forums, which we do keep an eye on, so we are aware. We do always try to create something for everyone. Ranging from semi realistic (with some epicness) and things that go a bit wild. But these come in phases, and its hard to please everyone with one particular item.

Hopefully you'll like our next lot of mtx!

C

"
CamGGG wrote:
Haha, I don't think we'd go as full ham as that.

The larger weapons were mainly for our eastern market, and brought back to our general market.
We've had good and bad feedback from these sort of cosmetics, most of the flaming comes via the forums, which we do keep an eye on, so we are aware. We do always try to create something for everyone. Ranging from semi realistic (with some epicness) and things that go a bit wild. But these come in phases, and its hard to please everyone with one particular item.

Hopefully you'll like our next lot of mtx!

C

I see, that makes sense now. I am looking forward to the new stuff! can you give a hint on when that's coming?
Na, I cant give you any specific times on anything unfortunately. I think what I was saying in general that is we bring out cosmetics quite frequently, so hopefully there is something for everyone.

@Charan. Note to self: make Sailor Moon Weapons to troll Charan, :P

Moving this thread into a constructive place.
What would you like to see? I can't promise anything, but I can, and do keep things in the back of my mind when designing items.
^ Darker, more vicious looking rundown stuff one might use as a makeshift weapons in a cut throat and desolate place like Wreaclast. Maybe even organic/corrupted or thaumaturgical in nature.

No more oversized angel winged glowing blades :(
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
CamGGG wrote:

What would you like to see? I can't promise anything, but I can, and do keep things in the back of my mind when designing items.

Well, I think the overall design of the weapons in this game is quite good, I simply don't like the oversized anime-style weapons, because they are unrealistic and at odds with the rest of the gear.

For example, this is how the crypt sword currently looks like:

and below is how I think the crypt sword should look like, mostly more slender, something that a person could actually wield in battle:

Another example could be the Seraph sword, which looks way too long to be a one-handed weapon. If you could scale it down uniformly about 30% it would probably look much better.

Last edited by Torvas on Jan 21, 2015, 5:01:15 AM
"
CamGGG wrote:

"
Sinzeek wrote:
"We're sick of the recent trend towards bright, cartoony RPGs. The art style we chose for Path of Exile is dark, gritty and realistic."

Less flashy neon, more realistic practical weapons*!
"Please feel free to report any players you see attempting to acquire/sell items in trade chat." - Bex_GGG
Last edited by Sinzeek on Jan 21, 2015, 6:32:28 PM
Spoiler
"
Torvas wrote:
"
CamGGG wrote:

Well, I think the overall design of the weapons in this game is quite good, I simply don't like the oversized anime-style weapons, because they are unrealistic and at odds with the rest of the gear.

For example, this is how the crypt sword currently looks like:

and below is how I think the crypt sword should look like, mostly more slender, something that a person could actually wield in battle:

Another example could be the Seraph sword, which looks way too long to be a one-handed weapon. If you could scale it down uniformly about 30% it would probably look much better.

nailed it. +1
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info