[1.3] Aj's Shatter Blast - Kinetic Blast Cast on Crit

Hey, i made a Witch on my return to POE and now it's 79 with a mix between Terror's and your build. Gotta say it wasn't all that hard to get high crit, esp. with these uniques.

One issue i need advise on though is whether or not to get Unwavering Stance. Played the game back in CB and OB but never got this high with a char before so - is it worth it to ditch all my evasion (atm i have 22%) and go for it for high level mapping and Atziri? I'm also not using Acrobatics atm coz i kinda think it is anti-synergy with Saffel's.

Also, is having extra procs from Pierce really that useful since most packs die fairly quickly anyway? and almost instantly with a Arc+CS setup.

Lastly, thanks for the build inspiration, i find KB so much more fun and free than using barrage, barrage seems slow without high APS, you hafto wait for the stupid animation to finish. It's totally worth bagillion times the mana cost :P.

- Tobby
"
tobbygnome wrote:
Whether or not to get Unwavering Stance?

Getting stunlocked almost means sure death against certain bosses/exiles. Unwavering takes the defensive capability to evade attacks, but Evasion does nothing against spells. The most threatening stunlocking spells for me were things like Piety Stormcall, Dominus Lightning Fire Beam thing, Igna Phoenix firestorm, Crematorium boss firestorm among others. There are unfortunately a lot of bosses besides these I don't consider worth the risk that have strong physical attacks I'd rather have evasion against but most of the time they're skipped so it's unnecessary.

When fighting white/blue/rare mobs you shouldn't be within melee range so it only serves to protect from getting stunlocked by things like haste chargers from offscreen, leaper arctic breath frogs, or always crit totem'd archers. Against these having the 6 Link Vaals Protector so that Life Leech is linked you can basically face-tank them. More often than not you'll be out of range of dangerous mobs and Unwavering is a safety net for the few random times you need to run/lightning warp away. All in all it's still definitely a personal preference keystone since it makes you more vulnerable to Whipper and Titty bitches, Flicker strike spiders/mobs, etc. especially if you don't take Acrobatics.

"
tobbygnome wrote:
Is having extra procs from Pierce really that useful?

Pierce does allow you to proc more with KB but it also allows your projectile spells to pierce which is very good with Ice Spear. If you don't run a barrage setup or a projectile in your KB links it's probably not as useful.

Thanks for the reply and if you have any other questions or ideas to bounce off me I'd be glad to hear :^)
That makes sense, ok i will get it o/

I still need a 6L Voll's though, using Tabula coz it was only 20c, but since this is my second end-game char i only have 12exa worth of currency. lol :(

Thanks o/
Hey

what do you recommend for single targets such as rares, bosses?

If you don't have maligaro's or rat's nest with cast on crit vaaled, (especially 2green2blue)

what other options do you have?

I hate gem switching also thats why i was wondering if there was an alternative such as using vaal skills( like flameblast or something to nuke the single targets)

Is the build uber viable? Really looking for a build with about 100ex +/- to do uber runs
@Axdie
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2076866 >>> Wolves of Wraeclast <Wolves>

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093385 >>> Morbid Torc | Old #1 Howa Amulet
"
Axdie wrote:
Is the build uber viable?

I havn't had a chance to play the awakening yet so I can't comment if this is mapping viable (though I suspect it is with adjustments) but I wouldn't recommend this build for uber regardless. You'd be better off using a Barrage variant instead if you wanted a CoC build. I can't speak on effectiveness of them in 2.0 but I'm certain someone else can. Hope I was of help, gl.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info