[1.3 BOTW ] _*-*Avatar of Fire Shockwave Totems Build*-*_ [VIDEOS][REVISED]

Hello

I don't understand the third node mana related you say to attribute for using the death's harp

It's says " mana and mana regen" but the node after Deep Thoughts is just a mana node so...

Also can you tell me the leveling order in the skill tree ?

A big thanks and congratulations for your amazing build ;)

I started playing this and I have a couple questions

how would you level this? I started using dual totems at around lvl 30 but it's tough and I have very low survivability.

and wouldn't it be wiser to use Rain of arrows + curse on hit + 2 curses, it costs nearly no mana and applies both curses at once
I just want to say nice build man, amazing originality. Goodluck on improving it further!!
[2.0] 5L Uber Viable Incinerate (1.4m Burst): The Zippo: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211719
wouldn't using a massive phys damage weapon give more dps than the bow?
phys to lightning any good?
How does "Spell Echo" sound for the 6th link on the shockwave totem?
"
The results are i just one shot Lady Stormflay

that wasnt a one shot she was hit by one totem before she was even visible.
- updated thread using death's harp bow instead of doomfletch
- fixed critical strike calculations
- added lowered resistance / penetration calculations
- added bandits
- updated passive tree
- updated title
- added new atziri video

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all im back! Was busy leveling up a hardcore version of the build (level 66 with a shadow right now).

"
Sirais wrote:
"
The results are i just one shot Lady Stormflay

that wasnt a one shot she was hit by one totem before she was even visible.

It was a one shot. I have one shot her again.

"
NoNamium wrote:
How does "Spell Echo" sound for the 6th link on the shockwave totem?

I would say increased critical damage would be better for the 6th link. Spell Echo would probably show better tooltip DPS but if one cast doesn't crit with spell echo the second one won't either. Plus the burning damage would be reduced by 10%.

"
Dumblet wrote:

phys to lightning any good?

No it would not be good. If we used that gem the following would happen:
50% of physical converted to fire (blackgleam)
50% of physical converted to lightning

We would be doing 50% fire and 50% lightning and no physical. When we activate avatar of fire the following would happen.
50% of damage would be fire
50% of the 50% lightning damage converted to fire.

We would only be doing 75% effective damage.

"
MrGuardian wrote:
wouldn't using a massive phys damage weapon give more dps than the bow?

The physical damage on the bow does not affect physical damage done by shockwave totem at all.

"
Skyion wrote:
I just want to say nice build man, amazing originality. Goodluck on improving it further!!

Thanks man im trying too!

"
Qipz wrote:
I started playing this and I have a couple questions

how would you level this? I started using dual totems at around lvl 30 but it's tough and I have very low survivability.

and wouldn't it be wiser to use Rain of arrows + curse on hit + 2 curses, it costs nearly no mana and applies both curses at once

I would recommend leveling with a combination of glacial cascade and one shockwave totem.

It is not fun to switch to dual shockwave totem until you have Blast Radius, Amplify passives, Carcass Jack armor, and a leveled increased AOE gem.

Once you have huge AOE on the totems the build starts to shine. It is definitely NOT fun to level with dual shockwave at level 30. I will update the guide with a leveling progression section when i can.

"
Lyanar wrote:
Hello

I don't understand the third node mana related you say to attribute for using the death's harp

It's says " mana and mana regen" but the node after Deep Thoughts is just a mana node so...

Also can you tell me the leveling order in the skill tree ?

A big thanks and congratulations for your amazing build ;)

Mana and mana regen is the node 5th node near the starting tree of witch (its 8% increased mana/10% mana regen).

I will update with a level 40/60/75 passive tree when i get a chance. Thanks for the positive feedback!

"
agrest21 wrote:
how much dps u have?

with conc. effect tooltip DPS = 21,500 DPS
with increased area of effect tooltip DPS = ~12,750 DPS

I would highly recommend reading the calculations sections because with two curses, fire penetration, and passive tree buffs the effective DPS is much higher.

Last edited by link1313 on Feb 16, 2015, 1:58:14 PM
-added shipyard video
I just did a respec on my witch to try this out, it looks really cool.

Have you considered using a "Curse on hit" setup with the bow? Since you only use one 5 link you could run:

Split arrow - chain - curse on hit - flammability - elemental vulnerability

This curses 15 enemies for basically no mana.
Path of Hideout fanatic.
King Arthur and the Exiles of the Round table:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l1OZlysRNY
The Cults of the Dragon and the Colossus:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QcSK9UCIzE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info