PvP Invitational Standings, State of Exile Podcast and Challenge Completion Update

"
"
Chris wrote:
"
I'm still confused why lapiz shows up twice.

EDIT: And Oats_PT and poeacc79 for that matter. And Lordsidro and FreshlyCleaned are the same person.

The American and European invitationals are separate tournaments - they take place on different days. It's possible to gain entry to both. We will probably be changing this rule for Season Two, but that's how it was for Season One.

Really...so rather than allowing more people to participate in the invitationals, you're letting the same person play in more than one? Great, now we get to see 3 people play the same thing twice (and maybe more after the 16 remaining spots are decided.

EDIT: Now I understand why some EU people have been climbing US PvP Ratings ladder, and vice versa. I think we're definitely seeing a few more people in both tournaments. I think this is pretty ridiculous.

This is ridiculous because a couple people put in the time to be the best in both ladders? That is ridiculous.
i think we already who will win

is either lapiz or sidro

lapiz this guy got bis gear with "cannot be evade" sword and using cyclone/molten build (cannot be evade sword hes the only 1 that has it and is kicking all melee ass how is this even fair? to other players especially new comers that can't even get legacy roll phys/acc and now we talking about "cannot be evade"

sidro this guy abusive fp/trapper tc/chill trap build and is still not even nerf or look into (nerf inc?)
Last edited by havoctown on Jan 12, 2015, 6:43:16 PM
"
amazingxxx wrote:
"
"
Chris wrote:
The American and European invitationals are separate tournaments - they take place on different days. It's possible to gain entry to both. We will probably be changing this rule for Season Two, but that's how it was for Season One.

Really...so rather than allowing more people to participate in the invitationals, you're letting the same person play in more than one? Great, now we get to see 3 people play the same thing twice (and maybe more after the 16 remaining spots are decided.

EDIT: Now I understand why some EU people have been climbing US PvP Ratings ladder, and vice versa. I think we're definitely seeing a few more people in both tournaments. I think this is pretty ridiculous.

This is ridiculous because a couple people put in the time to be the best in both ladders? That is ridiculous.

It's ridiculous. Plenty of people weren't even aware that you could play in both tournaments, as the rules stated that if you already qualified, the invitation would be given to the next person. Personally I don't think it was clear that you could receive two invitations, one for each server. They don't put in THAT much extra time, come on. In HC, if you get a few rounds in you can climb to the top easily. It's stupid to have the same people play in a streamed event. I'm sure 10+ spots (that's 1/3 of all spots...) will be filled by 5+ people. Whose idea was this?
Last edited by mimivirus on Jan 12, 2015, 6:46:15 PM
PvP suxx. sry all
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

"

It's ridiculous. Plenty of people weren't even aware that you could play in both tournaments

that's their fault.
not to mention 2h meelee is so bad in lld..no hp,no block, no ias no dps

this is why no 1 use the scion because its bad!

so much fail
Last edited by havoctown on Jan 12, 2015, 7:25:43 PM
beastmode OP, that's why he got invited twice.

There I've said it
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
The people complaining in this thread wouldn't have made it to the invitational even if they changed the rules
"
Sakazaki wrote:
The people complaining in this thread wouldn't have made it to the invitational even if they changed the rules

What makes you think that? I have builds that can contend with some of these people easily. I've never participated in a single Swiss because I'm not available at those specific times. I'm not saying I should go to invitationals (after all, I didn't play Swiss), but it's disheartening to see that some people are taking up two spots when we could be showcasing more players and more builds. It looks like this will happen in Season 2, but really it should have been in effect all along.
Last edited by mimivirus on Jan 12, 2015, 7:49:43 PM
Even more perplexing, I get home from work ready to enter a race for a couple points and a laugh, and all I see on the schedule are pvp events before my bedtime. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info