This App Can't Run on your PC. Won't let me load the game.

To find a version for your PC. Check with your software publisher. Only happened after the last patch. when it tried to patch some error message came up. and then when i tried to load it again it won't even try and download the patch. 16 bit. windows 8. Please advise soon. :'(
Last edited by Novynn on Dec 7, 2022, 4:44:12 PM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2022, 11:54:21 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Do you have the regular client or the Steam client?
Halloween just isn't complete without pumpkin spiced pumpkin.
Last edited by RobbieL_GGG on Jan 11, 2015, 11:54:39 PM
i have the same problem on my pc
im a regular client
Could you please run a pack check on your installs and post any errors?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531
Halloween just isn't complete without pumpkin spiced pumpkin.
Last edited by RobbieL_GGG on Jan 12, 2015, 7:37:52 PM
I suspect that is a problem with Windows 8/ malware.
My father had the same problem with ANY piece of software he tried to install on his windows machine.

Just Google for the error message and you'll find tons of results for different programmes.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Jan 13, 2015, 12:39:00 PM
"
RobbieL_GGG wrote:
Could you please run a pack check on your installs and post any errors?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531

Hey GGG, I'm having serious issues trying to play PoE! I'm using the client, not steam and running Windows 8.1 just to clarify. So I clicked on PoE to load it up as usual and a patch began to update. It was nearly done when it suddenly the PC crashed! After it finished restarting, ran my Norton to make sure there's no issues and everything's clean.

I checked PathofExile.com to see if anyone else had this issue in the forums and there was one or two that had. I read GGG response to run the packcheck, etc. I did and the client still wouldn't load! Repeated and tried 6 more times and even tried as Administrator as someone in the forum post mentioned just to be sure there's no mistakes. The same error message keeps coming up "This App cant be run on your PC". I'm at a complete loss here.

I've had similar issues these last 2 or 3 patches, where the client wouldn't load due to random issues listed on the packcheck or having a "corrupt content.ggpk file. Those issues were resolved by redownloading it but THIS is completely different as you see on the pic.

Followed the exact steps listed on this page and the thread above and still no results. Not sure how to post the screenshot on here, clicked "image" above and don't see it. I also E-mailed support a few mins ago.

I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
Looking at this bug in a couple other places it might have something obscure to do with a bad CDN, I don't know what you can actually do with that information however.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Are you sure you didn't run out of HDD space? From the sounds of it the games EXE file became corrupt. The error message your kinda, but not really accurately quoting, sounds like a generic error for running a corrupt EXE file under Windows.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
I had this same issue today, turns out I was trying to install on my boot drive which didn't have enough storage space left. Re-installing on one of my other HDDs resolved the issue.
Don't necro threads from 7 years ago...
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info