[1.3] Templar Block Proc Nuker - Tanky blue explosions *Work in progress*

BUILD IN PROGRESS

Hey all, just like to share my build I've literally just designed and implenmented a few hours ago. Basically I had a Mjolner drop and wanted to try playing with it. I also had a bunch of legacy unqiues such as Bringer of Rain and Aegies Aurora and thought, "hey I used to love playing Melee Max Block in 1.2 maybe I can recreate something similar?". I'm certain it can work with non legacy versions too.

There is a lot of discharging involved. Big blue bangs everywhere. Its so much fun! For anyone who remembers what it was like to have max block with Aegis Aurora and be SUPER DUPER tanky and watch your ES replenish fast then its basically the same but now you PROC...ALOT, and it kills tings fast.

DISCLAIMER The build involves Mjolner and Discharge. If you dont have the currency and/or a decent rig, don't try this at home! I'm sharing this because its awesome and tanky as hell but my FPS drops to next to nothing a lot so I wont be playing it much until I get a decent (My PC has not been upgraded since 2010) new shiny computer.

How things work?

Static Strike and Mulitstrike will hit lots quickly and procs whatever you have in Mjolner 50% of the time. Curse on hit and [x curse] to proc on enemies on hit. Currently playing around with ele weakness, conductivity and enfeeble.

Standard CWDT setup. Replinsihes 4% of ES when you block! 71% on Melee and 51% on spell cast on you. Sweet!

Arc, Life Leech and Discharge. Here comes the fun. 50% chacne to proc the spells socketed. Well thats only half the chance! Fear not you hit often and never miss! PLUS not just when you hit with Static Strike but also when you block because as you'll soon see we have Reckoning and Riposte to proc the spells too...and a block chance of 71%, you can AFK and kill easily! Life leech for obvious reason...REFLECT!

Ah yes as just mentioned, Reckoning and Rispote. Both of these also proc Mjolner's spells to cast. Attacking and defending at the same time...discharging constantly. As i've found, I dont need Mana leech. Change this for Life leech or Melee Physical damage or anything else you fancy.

Choice of auras here. I'm currently testing discipline, HoI and Tempest Shield. The latter I will probably keep due to it increases max block to 71%. I probably dont need discipline either. No need to get those reduced aura reserved nodes either. Static Strike costs around 20-25 mana per attack. The next Unique will provide the mana leech needed for it.

The key to you having power charges to discharge. We never crit so we always have charges

Could sub this for a tri-ele resist and HP belt. I just like it. The life leech isnt needed as you have LL socketed in Mjolner

Cruicial to get over 50% spell block. +30 int roll for the requirements of Mjolner

Helps again with the requirements of Mjolner

Weapon switch is Bright Baek with Leap Slam, faster attacks for mobility.

So we have it. As you see the gems are very low level...I've just made the build after all HOWEVER I have just clreaed a 75, 76 and a 77 map with 0 deaths. This build just procs and blocks and procs and blocks. I would imagine once the gems level up the DPS and clear speed will be even faster. Flask wise, the usual HP remove bleeding mod, a granite just in case of big hits (Lv76 Precint boss almost one shot me), whatever utility flasks you need.

The Tree
Well the thing here is getting enough STR and INT for Mjolner. I'm only level 77 so without items I could get more from tree as I level up. Anyway Resolute Technique to always hit, all the block nodes I can get, some resist nodes to max out resist (I will be trading discipline for Purity of elements which means I can save 3 skill points) Extra power charge and some spell damage. Remember this is not the definitve final version.

So what have I got? A level 77 Templar with free respec.

Max Resist
HP - 3847 - (Level 77 - by 84-85 I'll break 4k)
ES - 1205 - with discipline, aournd 710 without)
DPS - High, no idea how you determine Deeps from Mjolner spells? It clears fast OK.
Block chance - 71%
Spell block - 51%

Please feel free to add your 2 cents in/critique as this is still a work in progress. Sorry no vids as I tried and it killed my FPS, bascially its like watching paint dry, your eyes will bleed with boredom. Any ideas/questions I will repsond to ASAP. If you do decide to try it, it is fun and please enjoy :) Peace out!
IGN: Munkehboi
Last edited by Munkehboi on Jan 8, 2015, 8:50:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info